This is the Zundapp KS750 Wehrmacht Bike and Sidecar, and its job is to drive past you and get behind your lines. If it does this, it will be counted as two enemies past.
If you kill the driver, a MG gunner will jump out. If you kill the gunner, the bike will keep going.
After patch 2.2.7b Zundapp KS750 with driver dead no longer count as vehicle on the battlefield and won't catch crates. But they can still be destroyed.
Their lethality comes not from themselves, but in your own troops. Bazookas will constantly shoot at these instead of aiming for other, more lethal vehicles, and friendly fire is an even bigger worry if it dashes into your tank or trench. Or, it could be the other way around in that the bike runs into your infantry and you have a tank, which is bad as well. A squad with only rifles will quickly get overrun by this fast bugger. So use some automatic weapons like the BAR and Tommy Gun to finish it off.
Shots against the bike have a 50% chance of hitting one of the passengers, while snipers enjoy a 75% chance.
How do I kill it?
- Any large explosive, bazooka rocket and up, can destroy the vehicle with one hit.
- A grenade can damage or kill either the gunner or the driver. If lucky, it can destroy the vehicle.
- .50 caliber rounds can destroy the vehicle.
- Normal bullets can harm or kill the gunner and driver. Gunners and Half Tracks gunner can also destroy the bike.
In the Nazi blitzkrieg, motorcycles like the Zundapp were commonly used to help move machinegunners and soldiers up with the fast-moving panzers. After WWII, the motorcycle has not been commonly used in military units. They are used by civilians and mobile police force.
- Bikes like this still exist (seat attached to main bike), but aren't really used by the military anymore.
- Call of Duty 3 was the only Call of Duty game to include the Zundapp as a drivable vehicle.
- Bikes are the fastest vehicles in the game.
- If bikes get too close to your AT guns, there is a high possibility of friendly fire.
- The sidecar passenger, whilst on the bike, looks like a wermacht soldier.