The Sergeant, the backbone of every military. This badass survived the North African Campaign and landed with you on Omaha, back when he was a Private (FC) and you were a Sarge.
This dude of pure destruction shows up ready to rock. He carries a Tommy Gun and frag grenades, and has 125 health. But his epicness doesn't end there. He has a skill to boost a soldier's morale. If he is near a soldier who is under 20 morale, he will yell things like "Anyone having as much fun as me?", "This way, kid.", and "Get up!".
Each time he does this, all nearby troops under 20 morale get 1 morale point. He can also unpin nearby pinned troops, and he will "Baby sit a green officer" which means he gives them 1 exp point, up to 50 exp. When he unpins a soldier, he yells things like "Get your rear in gear!".
Having seen combat more than anyone else, Sarge is a real badass in close combat (he does 200% more damage), not hesitating to use dirty tricks or vicious blows to end up being the guy who walks away at the end. Fit Sarge with a bayonet and the Close Combat Ribbon for an unstoppable CQC machine (220%+50 damage!).
Sarge can be a weapon all by himself and it's possible for him to get 100+ kills alone.
But be careful. If he dies everyone's morale is divided by two, in addition to the standard morale loss. Also, when he dies, you can't call another Sarge. It simply says: There is only one Sarge...
- Some people think that Sarge is an upgraded SpecOps with better equipment, more starting health, a morale boosting bark and the ability to give a rookie officer exp. The truth is SpecOps are downgraded versions of Sarge.
- Sarge is the only Allied unit wearing dark-green.
- Sarge's voice clips are taken from Francis, a character in the zombie survival game Left 4 Dead.
- Germans learn four things about Sarge very quickly:
- Just like the Mechanic drops stuff while repairing things, Sarge drops cigarette butts from time to time (every time he finishes the smoking animation).
- Sarge and the Halftrack are the only allied units that can only be deployed once per mission.
- It was possible for Sarge to train multiple officers at the same time (Sarge farm). This could lead into 2-3, possibly even more officers adding morale, TP and reducing flankers at incredible speed. Though, this was removed at patch 2.2.7c.
- Regular soldiers can rank up to Sergeant.
- When he dies you may be able to see little puffs of smoke still coming out of his mouth.
Incarnations of Sarge:
- Sergeant Johnson of the Halo Series - who, yes, can kill a brute in CQC, shoot lasers from his eyes and not die ever.
- Sarge in Red vs.Blue series the Halo Machinima - went to "Sergeant's School and got a major in Verbal Abuse".
- Sergeant Foley in MW2 who orders Ramirez to do everything - Ramirez ends up killing the entire Russian Spetznaz army, takes down tactical nukes with: a riot shield, a grenade, a throwing knife and his face and ordered a cheeseburger for Foley in fear of the consequences of failure.
- Can too be Sgt. Walker of CoD:FH. 'Cause everybody calls him "Sarge". Even when he's promoted to lieutenant.
- Chuck Norris is actually a Sergeant too - his exploits are legendary, including emailed roundhouse kicks.
- Sgt. Moody from the original Call of Duty. 'Nuff said.
- The Space Marine from DOOM.
- Gunnery Sgt. Hartman from Full Metal Jacket!
- Sgt. Jack Barnes of Medal of Honor:Allied Assault Spearhead who Para'd in during D-Day, killed a Colonel and blew up a bridge before defending an Ardennes line and going into the Heart of Berlin, among other things.
- Sgt. Charles Zim in Starship Troopers, who babysits a LT. in training and goes head first into an alien bug hole to capture a brain single handedly.
- POSSIBLY Sgt. Nicholas Brody from Homeland. Both are sergeants, both are scouts.
- Sgt. Hawkins from COD2 Big Red One, same attitude.
- Sarge from Quake 3 Arena and Quake Live his description is simple : "Grizzled and scarred by a lifetime of combat, Sarge rightfully claims to be a master of modern warfare. He's all the war-hero sargents you can think of rolled into one and has the arrogance to prove it. Perform poorly and he'll make you drop and give him twenty..."
- Sgt. Joe Enders In Windstalker (Film) Used Thompson And Great in CQC
- All Sergeant In Delta Force (Modern Warfare 3) Grinch,Sandman,Frost,Truck=(team metal)
The role of a sergeant in all military organizations is in simple terms to harass and bully soldiers. Some people say it is the sergeants who do the real work in the army and in many cases it is true. Traditionally sergeants are the enforcers of discipline and order. Whilst lower down than officers and higher up than corporals they are in a position of control by being in physical contact with individual sections and squads, whilst instructing the section leaders as well. The US marine corps is infamous for having some of the toughest drill sergeants, demanding the utmost discipline in standards of dress, obedience and drill for mental conditioning. This ultimately results in better and more receptive soldiers in all aspects of combat, be it holding positions or following orders. It makes sense that such figures are widely popularized by modern culture as the army's badasses. Sergeants are commanding between 4 and 15 men in real life.