What do want to see as a map?

Activity Forums Side Projects Discussions Last Winter What do want to see as a map?

This topic contains 17 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Reid 12 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Reid

I raise your map from 1650 and unveil this map depicting the area in 1702:

I used the dates provided and the locations of cities to create this Google Map:
    https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1LxxBSy11SrVM4G2SHsv5TBnN9ew1fRQo&ll=44.64320882277069%2C-76.94152019996704&z=6

Hopefully this helps us define where the bounds of LW might be to start and later on in development.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by  Reid.

Maharbal Barca
    Participant

That is indeed a nice map, especially showing the zones of conflict (areas that could be heavily populated by outposts and soldiers, less civilians roaming around? Folks less likely to be willing to talk to you, more likely to shoot you on sight, and if they *do* let you speak, they will often be very unhappy).

But to my eyes, it looks like it only marks French Forts? may have to be cross-referenced with a similar type British map?

Reid

It is indeed focused on the French settlements. My Google Map however is more focused on French and English towns as opposed to forts. As we discussed in the Discord, forts were being attacked, burned, moved, and rebuilt frequently. The more research I do on forts, for instance the forts owned by the Hudson Bay Company, the more I realize that the status of a fort can change drastically from year to year. I would go so far as to say that all forts should be randomly generated (based on proximity to large bodies of water and/or towns) and have variable chances for the status of the fort. For instance whether or not it is abandoned, destroyed, well stocked, if nobody’s home because they went out hunting, etc.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar