Urbanian Tunes

Activity Forums General Forum Urbanian Tunes

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  FieldsOfFire 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

FieldsOfFire
    Participant

Basically a thread for sharing music. Any genre goes, though preferably minimize the not-so-nice (if you know what I mean) content.

So our site has died — for the second time. True sadness. I loved the place! Big salute to ChillyCurve; your hard work and dedication shall never be forgotten.

But anyways, yes. Death. We Urbanians are surrounded by it and understand it as part of life. Truly, it walks behind us.
    Knowing that, why not play some classic hard rock? This band is one of the predecessors of progressive rock, and one of their drummers, Carl Palmer, joined prog supergroup Emerson, Lake & Palmer, who released their debut album this same year, 1970.

What an album! It sounds very suitable for Urbanian culture, like Sabaton for instance; what a way to start this thread, too!

FieldsOfFire
    Participant

(Sorry the video starts about 30 minutes through. YouTube.)

FieldsOfFire
    Participant

(Disregard the above reply. Just problems for me, it seems.)

Here’s a nice rocker. Vocals are just pure brutal.
    “Pictures of a City” by King Crimson, live at Summit Studios, Denver (1972)

Tyrud

Urb went ahead and posted this beauty of a compilation a few days ago with the message
    “Good tunes for programming or studying.”

I concur

I was playing a game called Gunpoint not too long ago and I remembered how good the music is. Here are some samples that fit in well with urb’s selection, albeit more jazz/electronic flavored:

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by  Tyrud.

Reid

As long as we’re on the topic of random stuff to listen to while working:

I dig up a lot of weird stuff on Youtube and this one really makes me want to make a game with an atmosphere like Galaga or something but with plants… *shrug*

nexwiz
    Participant

Assault Suits Valken – 14 – In Despair

&
    Massive Attack – Superpredators (jackal remix)

FieldsOfFire
    Participant

Recently finished the original Deus Ex. Great time.
    And great soundtrack. One of the most memorable in all of PC gaming.

Same goes for Morrowind.

Very different in terms of theme and atmosphere, but both are just gold standards of video game music. Brilliant stuff. Great homework/background music, too.

FieldsOfFire
    Participant

If you’re gonna listen to anything today, do listen to this. Preferably at a good, high volume.

Obscure Seventies rock/metal does have its shining moments among its shining moments.

FieldsOfFire
    Participant

King Crimson + STWALT = Absolute epicness.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar