swf file for mnb3 (Is not free!)

Activity Forums Mud and Blood 3 swf file for mnb3 (Is not free!)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Lance 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Rey Lorenz Guillena
    Participant

I downloaded the swf file for mud and blood 3 and whenever I play it, brandenburg always pops up, is there a way to fix this? I always wanted to play mnb 3. I also downloaded the 2.3.1 mnb 2 swf file and its works perfectly fine

Snarks
    Participant

It might be an anti-download measure put in by Urb. MnB3 has not been officially released for download.

Lance

MNB2 ver 2.3 has also not been officially released for downloading.
    Just because it is possible to do so it does not give automatic permission to acquire it.
    Downloading any program for keeps without the permission of it’s owner has been and still is theft.

See it this way. The developer for all these games here does almost everything solo and on his spare time.
    He does it to “share” his games in a most friendly way despite the year long developing efforts for some of them.
    He also has upkeep costs for this web site just so that he and all the people that enjoy his work can come together and “share” his creations.

For many years now he does not even distribute advertisement or any other profit orientated extras in any of his games that can be played from this site save STWALT perhaps since that one is hosted only on Kongregate for now.
    Donations are currently his only source of finance in exchange for all THIS.
    So please show some respect and DO NOT STEAL, HACK or otherwise ABUSE his or others works.
    Thank you.
    ~Lance, Community Manager.

Rey Lorenz Guillena
    Participant

Ah, I see I am very sorry for downloading the swf files. I just downloaded it so that I can play offline in my house because I have no wifi in my house (I play in a computer shop so there is no save file for mnb2 and mnb3)

My bad

Valchrist
    Participant

Wow, I get that yo’re a mod, and that empowers you to speak without careful consideration, but making specific legal claims and accusations of theft is something to which someone, especially a mod should not throw around so flippantly.

There are numerous legal allowances for personal use of multi-media files.

Specifically, the above user has operated within the law.
    What you’re describing as ‘theft’ is actually ‘Copyright Infringement” and has not occurred unless he has distributed the files or circumvented security measures.

He only broke the law or is only breaking the law if he circumvents protection measures, or redistributes the program.
    And if this message makes you mad, consider that you’re the one threatening the user-base and telling them they’ve committed crimes.

~~~~~~
    The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) is a United States copyright law that implements two 1996 treaties of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO).
    It criminalizes production and dissemination of technology, devices, or services intended to circumvent measures that control access to copyrighted works (commonly known as digital rights management or DRM). It also criminalizes the act of circumventing an access control, whether or not there is actual infringement of copyright itself.

Computer programs, where the circumvention is undertaken on a lawfully acquired device or machine on which the computer program operates solely for the purpose of good-faith security research and does not violate any applicable law.

Video games accessible on personal computers and protected by technological protection measures that control access to lawfully obtained works, when circumvention is accomplished solely for the purpose of good faith testing for, investigating, or correcting security flaws or vulnerabilities, if:

The information derived from the security testing is used or maintained in a manner that does not facilitate copyright infringement or a violation of applicable law. (A new exemption in 2010.)”

Lance

Wow, I get that yo’re a mod, and that empowers you to speak without careful consideration, but making specific legal claims and accusations of theft is something to which someone, especially a mod should not throw around so flippantly.

Aww, so you are saying that I overstepped boundaries and senselessly slapped some poor person that was merely trying to get the game to work for them?
    Firstly towards your reasoning. Let’s see. “theft/ Copyright Infringement and has not occurred unless he has distributed the files or circumvented security measures.
    Like this one. “I downloaded the swf file for mud and blood 3 and whenever I play it, brandenburg always pops up.
    This was commented before my post by a rather knowledgeable individual this way. “It might be an anti-download measure put in by Urb. MnB3 has not been officially released for download.”
    But since that is where he got stuck it is “only” an attempt and no theft has actually occurred.
    Well, that’s half right I guess.

hmmpp before I rant even more I could assume that you are a person that is trying to justify unauthorized game/program/file downloads and/or their hacking as such but since I am not a person to assume anything for 100% face value I will simply give you this link to follow and let you be the judge of how evil a moderator I am.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar