The Green Beret.

Activity Forums Recon The Green Beret.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Arise 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Jordan
    Participant

Well I got it! After the longest Recce ever. I Loaded up my men, 4 sergeants (Two sets of brothers L Clark and T CLark and N Lambert and L Lambert.) 1 MG – M60 – 3 – M203-M16. Radio, 40MM grenades, Battery, Smoke Grenade, LAW, HCM Sandals and Flak Jackets for everyone! -“Overall Commander Of Operations – General J Wardog. – From MAC-V SOG Unit – “Wardog’s LRRP’s” -Commanded by LT Colonel F*&kNut.- Report of action with communist forces of north Vietnam “Dated – Dec 1965 Somewhere in Laos.” LT Colonel F&$kNut, Who after direct action with the enemy said “We did good today boy’s. Now rest up N’ get sum chow in ya before we go huntin them communists all over again.” – Declassified – Statement from the troops on patrol dated Dec 1965. Name Sergeant T Clark. “So there we were, in the B model UH-1 better known as the Huey, bumping along all over the place at about 90 or so knots. As we came into the LZ we dropped from about 1,5000 feet to tree top level. As we got closer could see puffs of smoke and tracer fire coming from the treeline and as we got closer the door gunners opened up into a clearing and raking it with machine gun fire. Most of NVA along the southern side of the LZ were killed within seconds. After getting our feet wet we took a halt to engage the enemy that was left inside the LZ. After calling in a sitrep – TIC – and an airstrike to soften them up we raked them with the M-16 M203’s and the Pig. After a pretty long firefight we moved out to check the bodies for intel. After mopping up the remaining stranglers we linked up and moved out south through the guts and into the mud. Now came the slog. 5 Hours of it. Our mission was to find and eliminate any enemy we encounter while enroute to an enemy firebase. We were to move in and capture the firebase and capture any principle intel on location. We had no idea at first where this base was located after doing some math and asking a couple of lost lieutenants we finally located it in the NE corner of the AO. After making very little contact and having a very well scoped AO we had located the enemy firebase and seeing a large open AO we decide to clear it first. About 25% Of it cleared and no contact after the LZ so we moved into a search pattern of the map. 30%…50%…75%! No we have come too far to quit now the firebase can wait. 80%…3 hours of searching and we get to 87%…I have at this point started writing diagrams and drawing 5×5 grids and doing pathagarim and Algebra and counting the stars and calling my mother, we got to 90%…OMFG 4 hours still the firebase is looming and on my second radio battery with about 60% left we made a few small contacts knowing i had a big firefight coming up…..more searching another hour trying not to burn up my remaining battery for extract or any needed firebase help (Arty or AH-1 Cobra support.) As i was still concerned about an enemy ambush or large QRF. So we decide firebase first now. About 91% and going everywhere on the map close together to enhance my spot skill by team effect and in a grid by grid box. None of it worked i was stuck at 91% with my battery dying and being in the AO for 3 days and two nights we made a few hard decisions. Stick it out or go home. Not my style to give up and quitting is not in the Mantra that i live by ” inveniam viam, We will Find A Way.” I then sent my men on the outskirts of the AO box. I mean the edge and sent them along the edges all the way around the map twice which took me to day 4 almost nightfall twice they went around (I am not kidding) to speed them up i turned off covert. Finally we see 100% AO Recce battery power 3%…shIezaaa!. This is going to end sooo bad. So the firebase after this 100% is achieved i just rolled it. Went in at night. Went up there grabbed the intel had 3 M-203 launchers and The Pig so i just waited i had two rocks in the fire base close to the table so i set my guys up on overwatch and waited. They came closer and we could hear them…loud and louder and then it popped off. Rounds from all four sides incoming and rounds from us and grenades outgoing it was absolute carnage. All the while my M-60 gunner never stopped firing once. I laid wasted to a huge NVA attack at night from all four directions. Killed all the NVA and i wait…wait for the sunshine on game day 5 and loot the bodies for intel and trek back to the LZ for extract. Make it to LZ scared…so scared that i am going to get wiped out by…something just anything i have no idea. Can’t call the chopper as my battery had died calling my final sitrep and a chopper attempt so i had to wait from 0600 until about 1700 before extract came to pick me up. Coffee, crank the sound didn’t hear any NVA. Ended up finding 3 coming into the LZ smoked em with the 203’s (They had no idea what hit em) and in came the search bird for my not so lost patrol buyt very weary group indeed. No injury no problem. Two men made Master Sergeant. (Lose 25%XP ) But i got a rocking mission and a freaking trophy! We gained two medals The Bronze Medal and The Bravery Medal. What a show guy’s what a show. Final result were 36% Heat, starting was i think 16%-18%. 29 Enemy KIA. 26X Compromised 🙂 X – 1300 Enemy Visual Pixel Range. 5 Hour Elapsed Time. 27 Missions Complete and 3 Diagrams Drawn with a lot of scribbles and numbers and abbreviated words and time stamps… “War is hell when i am on the battlefield.” – This end the Declassified documentation on operation – “Dated – Dec 1965 Somewhere in Laos.” LT Colonel F&$kNut, MAC-V-SOG.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  Jordan.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  Jordan.

Arise
    Participant

Really nice Mission, and nice ribbon get! XD

The Green Beret probably will be the most hard ribbon to get in Recon, 100% Recce is hard for sure.

( BTW, Next time maybe some ” Enter ” in your article. >o< ) lol

$o$

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  Arise.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  Arise.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar