The Discussion about Team Build and Loadouts

Activity Forums Recon Tactics and Strategies The Discussion about Team Build and Loadouts

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Arise 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Arise
    Participant

lol There are a lot of stuff in the old forum, but somehow lose for sure after time pass, we have new home now. But luckily I save my article, so it is good to start here again, about the Recon, my lover MNB game.

If I remember not wrong, there is a long thread in old forum called “Post Your Squad Loadouts”, I am going to share my own squad loadouts, in order to start this awesome game heat again. ( Some of men might notice this is a old article, but it is a good start I believe )

My basic game style is stealth and Recon, so my loadout will be much more strange. XDD

(Warning!!! We receive high call sign of large friendly article into our thread!!!)

Recon is always a teamwork game. The loadout should combine teamwork and skill, so I will set a list add with explanation. The list will also provide different loadout for different situation and fresh men.

( >> = CPL >>> = SGT )

*Extremely fresh men loadout: (Means this is your first time to play the Recon )

1-Requirement: No
    2-List:

RangerA
    >>> Spot(4) Bulk: 24
    Main weapon: M16
    Equipment: Mk2 M18 IV Knife

RangerB
    >> Comm(3) Bulk: 25
    Main weapon: Model 77E
    Equipment: Radio Camera FD Morphine

RangerC
    NON Spot(1) Bulk: 25
    Main weapon: Model 77E
    Equipment: Mk2 MK2 M72 FD

RangerD
    NON Medic(1) Bulk: 24
    Main weapon: M16
    Equipment: Mk2 IV IV M18

3-Explanation

The spot skill is vital, so I suggest that use your first Sgt as your best spot men(RangerA) to gain the most high spot skill level in the early game. This can prevent you be killed by trap and spot VC early. Also, I always keep my spot men with a knife to take down some annoying enemy under covert. That will better than fighting enemy with your M16. M16 is not a very good weapon to use, especially under heavy enemy attack(High jam chance, less ammo). Stay under covert will help for that to prevent your best team lose.

Now comes to the radio guy.(RangerB) Radio is the most important equipment in Recon!(except Deep Recon Mission) Every air support which keep you alive or complete mission easily, even the Huey who take you home are vital. So just set your first Corporal as radio men. You know? Somehow Comm skill check failed four times or three times is the line between life and death. We all suffer by URB fact in Recon that is for sure, but maybe you can try to save yourself from the pain of Team Lose a little bit more. Try to not get too much Team lose picture by Huey delay, because there is no ribbon for that!

The radio guy is always the vital one so he will be cover by his team mate while under fire. So he arm with Model 77E, with lower Bulks than M16 and doing job as close area defensive fire power(Also have very low jam chance). He also carry the camera, an important equipment to gain more Exp in early game. Compare with other ranger, he always have a small radio on his back so will be the most easy one to identify in jungle. That is why I put camera on radio guy’s bag.

RangerC is the secondary spot men, also the main fire power of the team. He carry with 12 MK2!!! I must to explain, The most reliable supporting fire power in Recon is not come from your radio. Grenades can save the team with no delay and no friendly fire(If you are not the noob). Defeat the large force and take you for home safely, so you should carry it. You should always save your life by yourself, not to prey for others help. He also carry with M72, the key weapon to against the vehicle. In some critical situation, M72 is vital. I will suggest every team to carry at least one of it.

The final is medic guy.(RangerD) We will prey that never use this guy’s skill to save someone, It usually means you got a big trouble. But Yes, He is vital one. I would let this guy carry 6 IV, It is enough to stabilize a men for three times if you have moderate lucky. He also carry with smoke grenades to make sure his medical action will be more smoothly.

For a team, Keep every ranger have almost the same bulks is good choice to operate. Because they all walk at the same speed, so you don’t need to check your team formation usually. They will keep distance while you use the hot key 6. This loadout is set for new, focus on survival ability. If operate well and no accident, it will not be hard to keep your team alive before you reach the rank of Captain.

*Normal loadout: (Means you have already complete some of missions and ready to fight for your merit. )
    1-Requirement:

[1]Be a Captain!
    [2]Dedication Ribbon get!
    [3]Path Finders Ribbon get!

2-List:

RangerA
    >>> Spot(4) Bulk: 23
    Main weapon: Stoner63
    Equipment: Mk2 M72 Knife Sandals

RangerB
    >>> Comm(4) Bulk: 23
    Main weapon: M3
    Equipment: Radio Camera FD Sandals

RangerC
    >>> Spot(2) Combat(2) Bulk: 24
    Main weapon: StonerLMG
    Equipment: M18 IV IV Sandals

RangerD
    >>> Medic(2) Demo(2) Bulk: 25
    Equipment: MK2 MK2 M18 Sandals

3-Explanation:

Before we specific on each ranger, we should discuss a question first:”Why I keep all ranger with sandals?”. Sandal can speed up ranger for 10% benefit than normal, also prevent ranger leave footprint on the ground. In my experiment, the most vital fact in Recon is your moving speed. Walk fast to search AO with less time spend, also good for snatch and take down moving VC. If danger happened, will be easier to get away from VC spot line or QRF.(Also be easy to be blow up by trap because less spot time. XDDD This can be prevent by tactical pause while moving. ) If we wish to use sandals, we should carry it for each ranger. I strongly suggest do not add only one or few rangers with sandals, this will lead your team moving terrible. The ranger with sandal will moving incredible fast and leave all his teammate behind, but it is not good because you are doing a team work.

Spot guy have the same spot skill(4). The main weapon I choose Stoner63 is because she has no particular weakness. A very good option and no need to get it by kill card(you only need to be captain). In the real Recon battle, Stoner63 can provide enough firing power to all kind of mission. Moderate firing rate make this weapon can stand longer then most of weapon.

Radio guy don’t have any different then before. Just turn the primary weapon to M3 to decrease the bulks.

Combat guy also a second spot men carry with Stoner LMG. The reason I choice Stoner LMG is because the Bulk and ammo. LMG no need to frequently reload which can be a nice firing power while heavy combat. To continuous put pressure on enemy can cover team member during fight and move tactic.

Medic guy also a demo guy carry with M14. M14 is powerful while equip on any men, so he can quickly clean the threat. In the team, he is the key demo guy, medic and also a grenade thrower. He carry with 12 Mk2 and smoke grenade to cover the team. Also make sure the grenade throw to the right place.

The interesting things is I put medic IV in combat guy’s bag. Using medic will not hurry then throwing a grenade even you have men down. You need to clean enemy first, otherwise more men is going to die! So I sacrifice the speed while using IV to increase the speed and accuracy for grenade. This method been prove as work on my mission, most of dangerous time I can throw out grenade as fast as possible.

Another interesting things is the weapon choice is also relate with the picture view.

It is quiet easy to identify every men. Spot guy have M72, radio guy carry radio, medic have long gun and combat guy have short gun. It is not quiet important for most of mission time. But this can make you fast to choice the men you need while danger situation. We do not want to waste any time especially enemy is going to kill you or some ranger is diying. It help me a lot in my mission’s hard time.

*Expert loadout: (Means you have already get lots of kill card and ribbon, fighting with an outstanding mission result. )
    1-Requirement:

[1]Be a Lt. Colonel or above!
    [2]Got lots of ribbon!
    [3]Got lots of kill card!

2-List:

RangerA
    >>> Spot(4) Bulk: 24
    Equipment: Mk2 M72 Knife Sandals

RangerB
    >>> Comm(4) Bulk: 24
    Main weapon: M3
    Equipment: Radio Camera FD Sandals

RangerC
    >>> Spot(2) Combat(2) Bulk: 24
    Main weapon: StonerLMG
    Equipment: M18 IV IV Sandals

RangerD
    >>> Medic(2) Demo(2) Bulk: 24
    Main weapon: M14
    Equipment: MK2 CS CS Sandals

So this is my loadout for almost every mission even the Deep Recon Mission (Don’t ask me why I carry radio, I am just lazy to change the loadout. lol) I name it as Expert loadout not means I am a expert or some other meaning, just because some of equipment need kill card and ribbon to get.

Nothing special, except the medic carry with 6 CS grenade then normal loadout. To use CS grenade is because I do not want to kill VC in some of situation. CS grenade can be use to clean the Trench, block the VC troop while escape also can be use while attack mission in Firebase. CS grenade effect radius is huge also cause VC can’t return fire for long time. I do wish to less killing to gain more Intel, that is why I carry CS grenade.

There are more weapon you can use for your expert loadout. My personal favorite list:

Weapon:

*M60 (No need to say, the most powerful weapon in recon for slaughter)
    *M16M203 (Can be use for demo guy which can carry 40mmHE)
    *MAT-49S (Silent weapon’s best suggestion)

Equipment:

*WP grenade (Silent killing grenade)
    *M86 (Large trigger area mine)
    *Morphine (Unlimited use until work, have a chance to kill ranger)
    *Claymore (Click and explode mine)
    *Ground Movement Sensor (Useful while break, hide, defense)
    *C4 (Blow up everything, also can be use to cut the VC tail)

But well, there are still many meaning I haven’t talk about this loadout, To build the team like this have it’s specific meaning.

I will discuss about Expert Loadout deeply on next post, more will be discuss, soon! XDDD

Thanks for reading and keep it hot men!!!!

• This topic was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  Arise.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar