- Fri, Nov 3rd '17 at 3h 59m 13s #6582JoeParticipant
In M&B 3 what is the best way to destroy tanks? They seem able to take tons of brutality before they die. I tend to just call artillery strike after artillery strike on them, but that isn’t very efficient. Any better ways to do it?Fri, Nov 3rd '17 at 4h 07m 55s #6583
What do you mean artillery strike isn’t efficient? Do you miss the tank? If so, you can just exploit one really hella cheesy tactic. Use the pause button. Your target (le German panzer) will stay still, and your arty will still come in during pause. But just make sure you use your arty before hitting that pause button, because you can’t designate a target if your on pause.Fri, Nov 3rd '17 at 4h 33m 31s #6584
…Also if you have an engie, normally the bazooka would do well if you don’t have arty (but who in the hell if their right minds wouldn’t have a signaler in their squad?). But it would take a few rounds (because IDK, random RNG?). I tried using landmines to blow up tanks, didn’t go too well. In one game, there was a pz iv chasing my squad down the map. I was nearing a hedgerow that was close by, and I thought that I could lay mines in the path of the chasing panzer, and then hide in the bush kemp. But as the damn Jerry was nearing the mines, he pulled a friggin troll move on me, and turned back to his infantrie support. Turned out, that apparently if the panzers overextend from their infantry support, and also lose contact with your squad, they will do a tactical withdrawal (but I have only observed this once…and it was a pleasant surprise to say the least). Initially I was rly reluctant in using landmines, because I thought your guys would blow up if they stepped on them. But I tested a few times, that this isn’t the case. So you can definitely use them to bait in tanks if your careful enough. Or at the very least, deter them from chasing you further.
BBBBBBBBUUUUUUTTTT…..the rly cheesy (but not as cheeze as gluten-filled arty of doom) thing about the Engie’s mines is that you can use them to sabotage/booby trap those damn roads where Opel Blitzs spawn. But that is only if you capture the road…but the trade off is great, because at least you won’t have to waste an arty strike to your rear, if a surprise opel mechanized infantry swarm decides to fck your rear. Before discovering this tactic, I thought the engie was useless, other than being tank bait. Now that I think about it, I am kinda embarrassed that I didn’t think about this obvious thing much sooner…oh well 😛Fri, Nov 10th '17 at 1h 00m 55s #6603JoeParticipant
It just seems that I need to call in about 5 artillery strikes until the tank is “safe” to pass.Fri, Nov 10th '17 at 1h 50m 31s #6605
Thatz weird, it always take 1 arty barrage for me. Maybe URB rly hates you a lot…RRRRRRRREEEEEPPPPPEEEEENNNNNNTTTTT!!!! RRRRRRREEEEEEPPPPPPPEEEEENNNNNTTTTT!!!!! RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!! lolFri, Nov 10th '17 at 3h 51m 22s #6606Mo-TahParticipant
Tanks and what it takes to blow them up are an interesting subject, and you get 6 options to pick from. 🙁 Granted, some of the choices aren’t much better than trying to open it with a can-opener, but still, here they are;
1) Officer. True, when he Finally gets to call a Tank, AND when it finally shows up it’s nothing more than a “Puppet Show“, he still counts.
2) Gunner. No, I’m not implying that his Rapid-Fire B.B. Gun will do the trick, I’m referring to his Mortaring Ability. 🙁 Yes, I’m aware that he couldn’t hit the broad-side of a Gravel-Pit if he was standing in it, but again, but he also counts. Mortar Strikes can be Very damaging to things.., 🙁 When you can hit them.
3) Commando. Not only do you get the Stealth Option to sneak up on it, you also get to place a TnT charge that levels buildings. 🙂 Sounds cool, right? 🙁 Your gonna have to do it 12+ times, and THAT sucks.
4) Rifleman. This Dude.., The Backbone of the Army. The statement stands alone. It might take Multiple rounds dropped on The-Tin-Can’s head, but you get to do it From a Distance. Important factor when it comes to tanks… ..which is a chance to mention another “Anti-Tank” ability he has, the Smoke-Grenade. Kinda funny when your hiding in a stand of Smoke-Filled-Trees a little bit beyond Grenade range, hiding from one.
5) Engineer. One Hit Wonder. Tank+Rocket= Metal-Pile.
6) Signaler. Call Arty-Strike on top of Tank, Pause game, Wait for Tanks demise. No, it doesn’t always wipe him out on the First run, but you should have, 1) a Heads-Up he was inbound so can have another “Kiss” to give him, 2) Someone for back-up. I.e. Rifleman, Engineer, Gunner, etc. etc.Sun, Feb 4th '18 at 14h 35m 52s #7144LanceModerator
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.