Suggestions

Activity Forums Mud and Blood 2 Suggestions Suggestions

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Roland 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Roland
    Participant

I have a few suggestions to improve the game:
    1. Make bunkers indestructible to mortars and lighter. It’s understandable for artillery that hits a bunker to destroy it, grenades not so much.
    2. Make it that units with decent experience will not use explosive weaponry against targets that are say, 50 pixels away from a friendly target. When the side cars run over your units, there is nothing you can do to prevent friendly fire.
    3. Make it that the Bronze, Silver and Gold stars increase Rifle skill by 3% increments while the Combat Ribbon and Medal of Honor are the ones that increase the chance of an extra soldier. The Stars are harder to get so they should have the better reward.
    4. Make ribbons dependent on the visible wave counter rather than the logical wave counter. I hate getting Detailed Orders.
    5. The gunners for Flak panzers and Tiger Tanks appear to be exposed so bullets should be able to take out the gunners (but not the vehicles themselves).
    6. How often Wehrmacht soldiers and Panzergrenadiers appear should be swapped. Aren’t the Wehrmacht soldiers described as the backbone and should be the majority?
    7. Increase the chance of the I Like Pie Ribbon appearing for the sake of completionists and their sanity.

Other than that, I think the game is very good. Has Urbz considered publishing it on Steam?

Roland
    Participant

Another possibility is making enemies grant experience based on the cost of the units U.S equivalent. 1-5 TP = 1 EXP, 6-10 TP = 2 EXP, 11-15 TP = 3 EXP, 16-20 TP = 4 EXP and so on.
    1 EXP: Volkssturm, 12 SS Panzer, 1st. SS Leibstandarte, Assault Pioneer, Panzerschreck, Flamethrower, Officer, Paratrooper, Goliath, MG-42 Gunner, Panzergrenadier, Wehrmacht, Zombie
    2 EXP: Brandenburg (either), Brandenburg Infiltrator, Flak 38, Mortar, Sniper, Kubelwagen, Opel Blitzwagen, PAK-38, Waffen SS, Zundapp KS750
    3 EXP: Sd. Kfz. 222, Sd. Kfz. 251
    4 EXP: Flak Panzer, Nebelwerfer, Panzer IV Medium Tank
    5 EXP: Tiger Tank, Wespe Mobile Artillery Tank

Lance

That’s some neat brainstorming.
    How would this “making enemies grant experience based on the cost of the units U.S equivalent” effect the game?

The part for our side makes more sense but; since taking out/destroying vehicles totally is usually impossible for any soldier unit except Bazooka, mostly vehicle AT units will profit from that.
    Actually not bad that way since vehicle units get a lot fewer kills then soldiers usually do and therefore take forever to rank up.
    A mine kill however should not count towards xp gain for any unit. Profile wise it be ok.

Under the line any soldier should be worth 1 xp since they all have the same chance to get killed.
    Then come vehicles with “disposable” crew and then those that can only die through a direct hit with an explosive. (+mines)

Alex
    Participant

2. Make it that units with decent experience will not use explosive weaponry against targets that are say, 50 pixels away from a friendly target. When the side cars run over your units, there is nothing you can do to prevent friendly fire.

Better AI is always something we wish for.

4. Make ribbons dependent on the visible wave counter rather than the logical wave counter. I hate getting Detailed Orders.

YES PLEASE

and on your second post I think that would be terrific but then the buying the .50 for the tank or the quad .50 for the half-track wouldn’t be as effective as just let them kill Armour.

Roland
    Participant

I’ve also noticed that tanks do not gain experience for destroying vehicles which is odd. It might be a glitch or I’ve just failed to notice something.

Tyrud

Explosive kills do not give experience, unfortunately. Bad for anyone trying to level up their tank. Definitely something that should be changed/looked at in the future.

Roland
    Participant

Under the line any soldier should be worth 1 xp since they all have the same chance to get killed.
    Then come vehicles with “disposable” crew and then those that can only die through a direct hit with an explosive. (+mines)

Okay, how about this:
    1 EXP: Volkssturm, 12 SS Panzer, 1st. SS Leibstandarte, Assault Pioneer, Panzerschreck, Flamethrower, Officer, Paratrooper, Goliath, MG-42 Gunner, Panzergrenadier, Wehrmacht, Zombie, Brandenburg, Mortar (All equally killable, usually through small arms).
    2 EXP: Sniper, Brandenburg Infiltrator (their cloak ability puts them a cut above the others in terms of survivability).
    3 EXP: Flak 38, Pak 38, Nebelwerfer, Kübelwagen, Zündapp KS750, Opel Blitzwagen (The vehicles are invulnerable to small arms but can be rendered moot by small arms killing the crew, 3 EXP for destroying the whole vehicle with full crew, that means that destroying the vehicle of the first 4 is worth 1 EXP if the crew have been killed and destroying the vehicle of the last 2 is worth 2 EXP if the crew have been killed, if there are riders that haven’t gotten out when the vehicle is destroyed, those are worth experience as well).
    4 EXP: Sd. Kfz. 222, Sd. Kfz. 251. (Medium weapons such as the Fifty can take these out, just like with before, the empty vehicle is worth 3 EXP, 4 EXP are gained for destroying it while the gunner is present and any riders who aren’t dismounted also grant experience).
    5 EXP: Flak Panzer, Panzer IV Medium Tank, Tiger Tank, Wespe Mobile Artillery Tank (the most heavily armored units that can only be destroyed with the heaviest of weapons)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar