Starship Logbooks, Imager Clips and Holocron Recordings.

Activity Forums Side Projects Discussions Star Wars: Star Destroyer Starship Logbooks, Imager Clips and Holocron Recordings.

This topic contains 45 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Buggish 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • Author

Lance

Aaa yes, good question. Simple answer. I did not pay any attention to my shields.
    Totally forgot how much damage bomber missiles can do and am basically acting like a high and mighty imperial captain that must keep up the image of the invincible galactic empire.

Since energy replenishes a lot faster then shields diverting power to them when they are down a lot is a main tactical aspect of this game.
    Thanks for pointing that out Buggish. 🙂

jonathan
    Participant

does anyone else have serious trouble finding planets in this game? i think if you expend the energy to do a system scan you should highlight any planet thats in the system… i mean seriously you can pick up a tiny fighter but not a massive ball of rock covered in network communication devices?

Lance

Guess finding planets is kind of wonky. I lost a mission in my last vid because (i think) I did not find the planet even though it was just a few screens next to me.
    I may even have had it that there was no planet to be found at the destination too.
    Use Tie-Interceptors to locate stuff. They are your scouts in this game and your best fighters.

Cheeki Breeki
    Participant

I just simply move my mouse along the scanner until it begins to point at the “critical mission asset”, to which I would then click on it so that the camera focuses on the planet, then focus my camera back towards the star destroyer and direct it in the direction that the camera went to the planet, or any other objective, so then I wouldn’t have to waste any fighters, which I barely ever use as I noticed that these spacecraft get shot down rather easily. Just about everything is cannon fodder to the point that you could just move your star destroyer around and obliterate anything that comes into range of your turrets, or maybe I was just lucky to get an upgrade giving me five extra turrets, although they were still cannon fodder even before then, as I heard someone say on an earlier thread concerning recommendations.

Cheeki Breeki
    Participant

I bet you would be rather obliged to see Lance’s Youtube channel, which includes two video where he fights alongside a Super Star Destroyer and an ISD.
    Speaking of such spacecraft, I know may cause an immense amount of lag and require a large amount of coding, but last time checked the turrets on star destroyers shot a lot faster and had a lot more turrets,(and even that is nothing compared to the amount fired by the ISDs and SSDs) not just one or two firing at five second interval, as shown in the following Youtube links.(You probably already know what I am talking about)
    At approximately 1:41
    Approximately 2:13
    It also feels great when you have few extra turbo lasers and have some hyperspeed upgrades that allow you to get across the map within a minute, come in out of nowhere and begin the massacre of everyone there on the spot(that’s if you don’t pass everyone and have to turn around), similar to the first link(possibly while blasting some random music, including the Soviet national anthem or Polyushka Polye, or where any other song that may fit, such as songs where the climax comes suddenly).

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by  Cheeki Breeki.

Buggish
    Participant

for me when when i play im consistently checking my shields and if their not 50 percent i start to worry so when you where getting hit in the video i was thinking to myself is you were doing it intentionally or forget because you had enough power to spam the anti ballistic missiles and it through me into a loop and i didnt want to come off as judgement or anything. (also sorry for the run on sentence i just never know how to break up my thoughts)

Buggish
    Participant

also i had a fight with a “small rebel fleet” and needed to call in multiple reinforcements and after the battle there were: four VCSDs (including the ones from the start), 2 ISDs, and one Super StarDestroyer. needless to say we won and completely wiped out the rebel fleet (thanks to my numerous gravity wells). i wish i could have captured that game

Cheeki Breeki
    Participant

So you encounter ISDs and SSDs by requesting assistance?

Buggish
    Participant

yes

Lance

And you can (rare chance) encounter ISD & SSD when you do the mission “Help a fellow Star Destroyer”.
    “…spam the anti ballistic missiles…”
    This never worked for me. I suggested to change this feature to an anti-missile screen that causes missiles to fly randomly till they explode.
    Has anyone out there ever successfully shot down an incoming missile?

Cheeki Breeki
    Participant

I’ve turned off the radar when a missile was fired and received no damage from it does that count?
    Maybe we could have the star destroyer detect incoming missiles and send missiles in that direction or some CIWS, instead of sending one on the other side of the ship with such wide turning radius, to which then it would be too late since missiles are being fired at point blank and you’re better off just following the former idea, since that’s a lot more efficient and I’m sure you can handle not seeing everyone in your sector at once for one second.

Buggish
    Participant

Im confused. Does the power module boost charging power or maneuverability? Im asking because when buying the module it says that power recharge and when you look at it when equipped it says that it is increasing thrust and turn speed. Just would like to know.

Lance

Cheeki Breeki = “I’ve turned off the radar when a missile was fired and received no damage from it does that count?”
    I noticed that as well and somewhere urbzz mentioned that if you have your radar off then missiles will not be able to target you. Perhaps this is intended or perhaps this is something that was intended before the interception missile was though of.

Power Module…..
    Sadly there is no wiki list or so on modules so I am not sure unless I where to play a few games.
    However I can say from experience that the module that charges your power faster can be useful if it had a high percentage while the module for speed and maneuverability really helps a lot up to making your Destroyer OP somewhat since (I had that) at a very high % your Star Destroyer basically gets Fighter speed and turning.
    If you also have added turret firepower then you in for a real blast.

Buggish
    Participant

Okay but how do i tell the difference between the maneuvering mod and the power mod? as far as i know there is only a power mod but once installed it says its a maneuver mod. am i missing something? (also how high of a percent did you get to become a fighter capital ship just so i know what it means to be high *not on drugs though*)

Lance

Guess if the descriptions are buggish (*grin) then one may be able to tell according to the difference between not having an upgrade in that field and with an upgrade if that upgrade is high enough to even notice a difference.
    Needing to spend your Renown on trial and error may be needed. Please post your findings in the Star Destroyer Bug Report Topic.

Towards your question on how high % to become OP. That was a long time ago but if I recall correctly even a smaller % like some 10% makes a nice difference in turning speeds.
    Should you somehow get one with some 100% then that be Fighter, or at least, Bomber like specs.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar