Sleeping Bear Tavern

Activity Forums General Forum Sleeping Bear Tavern

Tagged: 

Viewing 14 posts - 496 through 509 (of 509 total)
  • Author
    Alex
    Participant

It has been a hot minute since I’ve posted here but I come bearing the gift HYPE!

Lance

And even more Unfair Random Brutality in it’s very early stage.

Lance

Roland
    Participant

I have a question. Will the Steam release of Mud and Blood just be a port or are you going to fix the most complained about design elements such as:
    *The logical wave counter counting towards medals instead of the visible wave counter counting towards medals.
    *Troops from either side throwing or firing explosives when the target is near friendlies.
    *100 experience troops experience hogging. Maybe make it that the experience they gain will be distributed to other units. Or if that’s too overpowered, make it a percentage chance.
    *Anti-Vehicle and anti-stealth units gaining experience at a snail’s pace since the stuff they are effective against are so rare. 1 exp for killing basic troops, 2 for killing infiltrators (Brandenburg Infiltrators and Snipers), 3 for destroying light vehicles (can be effectively destroyed by mid-strength weapons) and 4 for destroying heavy vehicles (the stuff you need the Anti-tank for).

Roland
    Participant

So no Steam remake of Mud and Blood 2? Or will the Steam Mud and Blood have an almost identical game mode?

Lance

This is to good to die on the Discord and it fits perfectly into here.
    by
    Chow Yun Fat

I take a long drag from my cigarette as I stare out of my foxhole, hollow eyed at the treeline.
    The distant sounds of oinking coming nearer and nearer as the sun sets.
    The cold steel of my AR-15 the only thing that stands between those hogs and my kids behind me.
    A smell of pig shit wafts on the breeze as I load the 5.56mm into my magazines.
    Claymores line forward positions, ready for those pink bastards come at me.

As the sun goes down the oinking comes closer, trees rustling in the summer heat.
    A flare goes up, and my blood runs cold.
    30-50 screaming VietHogs rush my position blowing those damn whistles and making an ungodly racket.

I unload magazine and magazine as little Suzy mans the Ma Deuce.
    Hot casing fill our foxholes as little Johnny calls in fast movers to nape the treeline.
    Still, they don’t stop.

The pigs just keep on coming as I am forced to use my bayonet on the slippery hams.
    Little Suzy is hit and dragged off as Johnny calls a broken arrow, Huey’s rain rocket fire all around us as A-4s drop 500lb bombs.

I don’t know how long we fought, but it seemed like an eternity.
    As the sun rose and exposed the dead and dying bodies of dozens of feral hogs, I gathered my family and readied for another night of hell.
    My gun and me the only thing standing in the way of those twisty tailed beasts.
    Because pest control… Pest control never changes.

The Masked Terror
    Participant

wow. getting in here was an adventure and a test of my ability to follow instructions. Glad I made it. Glad to see most of the usual suspects.

Lance

Someone made some changes to how this site works.
    When I hit the outstanding replies and comments on my profile then I get sent immediately to where I want to go and the notification gets deleted.
    Before it took me to my clique and I had to manually delete the notification and then look where it was pointing me to.
    +
    New is also that one can REPLY to something directly on the front page even if it’s a forum post.
    While that seams like a quick way to respond it has one big flaw.
    The “comment” does not get copied into the Forums so the Reply there is not there aww here aww copied over.
    ++
    I replied:
    Welcome back. 🙂
    See it works if one just follows the rules and takes registering here serious.

Roland
    Participant

Regarding classic mode in the eventual release. Will you remove the frequently complained about mechanic where the end-game waves endured is based on the Logical Wave Counter instead of the Visible Wave Counter?

Lance

@ilniaj
    Good point. Since this version of mnb2 is ethnically not mnb2 but the new MNB game simply nerfed down to doing a defensive stand instead of advancing it does not share anything that was related to the old Flash game as far as “how” the wave counter actually works anymore.

Lance

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/701541367037296711/850982131463487488/unknown.png
    Wanderjar

>>>>>>>>>>>>>> D-Day! +1 TP to start. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Lance

Something to take to heart posted by urbzz on the Discord.

“Stand up straight with your shoulders back.”

“Treat yourself like you are someone you are responsible for helping.”

“Make friends with people who want the best for you.”

“Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not to who someone else is today.”

“Do not let your children do anything that makes you dislike them.”

“Set your house in perfect order before you criticize the world.”

“Pursue what is meaningful (not what is expedient).”

“Tell the truth — or, at least, don’t lie.”

“Assume that the person you are listening to might know something you don’t.”

“Be precise in your speech.”

“Do not bother children when they are skate-boarding.”

“Pet a cat when you encounter one on the street.”

Roland
    Participant

So that’s a yes? Great.

Lance

Wanderjar

how Urb sees his code work:

how the rest of us see it:

Viewing 14 posts - 496 through 509 (of 509 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.