Sleeping Bear Tavern

Activity Forums General Forum Sleeping Bear Tavern

This topic contains 414 replies, has 46 voices, and was last updated by  Lance 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 415 total)
  • Author

Bersimon
    Participant

Hell, I’ll drink to that. Empties a shot of liquor.

Stares at the door.

Oi, come in and bring your tales with you. πŸ™‚

Kacpo
    Participant

Enters the tavern quietly, smiles at the sight of both familliar and new faces and takes place by one of the tables.

Damn, it’s been a while

Hey barkeep!
    He turns towards the bar
    I guess I’ll have one of the wheat beers. Some weissbier or something like that.

He took a glimpse at the price board and reached for his pocket.

Huh, quite cheap that one.

He slid the money over the counter.

Speaking of tales:
    Sometimes you gotta wonder; how do some of the businesses manage to turn a profit.

Because recently I came across something that I can’t possibly comprehend:
    There’s a magazine in my country writing about video games and related things. It’s their custom that to every issue they add a CD with a game on it, some trailers, pictures and other media. Usually though, the game is some minor Indie title, developed by a studio no one heard of, and even though it’s a good game it doesn’t usually cost much on it’s own.

Which makes sense, since every issue costs about 5$.

What doesn’t make any sense, is how in the hell did they manage to include the game that costs 20$ on Steam now. And only because of Sale. Normally it goes by full price of 40$.

I have no idea how do they manage to do that, since they still sell over a 120 pages of quality reviews and articles, but they have to be doing something right since they are on the market for over 20 years now.

Takes a sip.

Now.
    I guess I’ll stay here for a while, then go back to sneaking around with a band composed of a street thief, a shinobi for hire, honorable samurai, old legless sniper, a geisha spy and a tanuki.

<as usally, a question, who can guess what title am I talking about?>

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by  Kacpo.

Lance

Lance rubes his eyes, partly due to just waking up, and thinking that he be dreaming.
    “A tanuki ee so something like him.”

“Do I win?” πŸ™‚

My company placed demo game CDs inside the food packages we make a long time ago.
    Actually bought special machines just for that.
    After only 2 years the customers dropped the idea and we had to scape the machines since no company wanted to place CDs inside boxes anymore.
    Was a fun time since there where always excess CDs for us to just take home.
    Just for private fun and not for resale or we would get busted.

Apple juice or cider . . . . I like both but I like my winter beer, has more kick, even more.
    That reminds me to install a new tab of something that I recently discovered on me journey.

Katyusha
    Participant

so uhhh.. old crew still around?. Its me, ol saspwned. Its been a while since my last formal visit.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by  Katyusha.

Bersimon
    Participant

What doesn’t make any sense, is how in the hell did they manage to include the game that costs 20$ on Steam now. And only because of Sale. Normally it goes by full price of 40$.

@kacpo: Often the game company is doing this for free, for marketing purposes, so the magazine may not be paying them at all, or at least not much (cents per copy). You may find that the company in question has another title or expansion lined up for release, and it’s trying to bring attention to itself in anticipation for the launch.

I guess I’ll stay here for a while, then go back to sneaking around with a band composed of a street thief, a shinobi for hire, honorable samurai, old legless sniper, a geisha spy and a tanuki.

< as usally, a question, who can guess what title am I talking about? >

@kacpo: Scratches chin. I know not what this is about.

That reminds me to install a new tab of something that I recently discovered on me journey.

@lance: That looks nice! As it happens, I’ve just made some afternoon coffee to help me keep on coding (I’m a web programmer and am working at the moment – or will be after I finish typing this – on a car deals website, and another which is a system for managing students, class attendance, payments, scores, etc. for a company which gives superior education courses in medicine).

so uhhh.. old crew still around?. Its me, ol saspwned. Its been a while since my last formal visit.

@Katyusha: We are around, yes. Retirement is a long way off still. πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ What keeps you busy these days, Sas?

Katyusha
    Participant

@ber frenchy mr muffins val and the rest?? well. instead of going to the army, i decided to become a chef. so chef life is the one to blame.

Lance

@saspwned
    Our old crazed Frenchy was on a year ago a bit but has not been seen since.
    muffin goes by different names and has been popping in here and the Discord channel a few times but not recently.
    Val is stalking us from the shadows.
    Lot’s of oldies have checked in here or/and the Discord since the glorious days of the black site.
    What is lacking here now, in my view, is regular involvement and not sudden bursts of activity.
    Of course activity from urbzz is what is mainly missing at times.
    Those that know of his job keeping him away for months at a time and are willing to accept this and stay active regardless are what this place really needs.
    Stay brutal and always URB on!

Lance

well. instead of going to the army, i decided to become a chef. so chef life is the one to blame.

I smell a good story there so please elaborate more on this.
    I really enjoy cooking myself. The tavern could use a good chef so how about hiring on? πŸ™‚

Katyusha
    Participant

@lance Seems that i missed a lot of activity here throughout the years. I do hope that the old crew comesback and hang out here again. Us who knew urb since his early days knows whats going on his real life things. That bastard should pop here and give us a beer lol.

So, I passed all my aptitude tests for the armed forces, however my family was in need of financial support. So I took cheffing because its the only thing i know aside from drawing and soldiering(Barely)
    I could share some recipes if youre keen. and The tavern already have Ber as the chef lol

Bersimon
    Participant

I do also enjoy cooking – it seems the tavern is now overstaffed with food enthusiasts! πŸ˜€

Paladin Andric
    Participant

@Katyusha Hey, it’s AvalancheO! I remember you! Nice to have another oldie back.

As to the rest of you I’ve been doing a lot of writing. In addition to being up to chapter 11 of Blackheart I’ve made TONS of short stories, lore and bios of the world Blackheart takes place in. Dunno if anyone’s interested, but if you are I guess I can upload them here too.

Katyusha
    Participant

Avalancho! Good to see you. yeah been a while!!

im actually doing writing and illustrating during free time.
    id be hoping i can share them here

Bersimon
    Participant

@Paladin Andric: It’s good to see another one of the old regs! πŸ™‚

Do share your creations, I’m interested in seeing them. πŸ˜€

Michael
    Participant

Uh hello there guys, its been awhile since I have been here since last year ago (not this topic but the website itself) So its nice to see you guys here. πŸ˜€

Lance

Hello and welcome back.
    Looks like we will need to bring in more chairs to the main tavern table for a change.
    So what have you been up to Michel and don’t say cooking something up cause then the taverns kitchen will get really crowded. :mrgreen:

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 415 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar