Sleeping Bear Tavern

Activity Forums General Forum Sleeping Bear Tavern

Tagged: 

This topic contains 448 replies, has 46 voices, and was last updated by  Nicholas Andersen 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 449 total)
  • Author

Kacpo
    Participant

That ain’t wendigo my friend. That’s a Krampus.
    Also, artwork by Jakub Różalski.
    The same guy who created a 1920+ Universe, AKA: Post-WWI Europe, with Mechs, oversized animal companions and which is having 2 separate games being created about it at the moment. Just a sneek peek into his artwork:

But still, Merry This-time-of-the-year-when-everyone-celebrates-Pagan-traditions-masked-as-christian-ones.
    You know: misletoe, christmas tree, putting hay under the table, and waiting for Dzaidzia Mróz (Grandpa Frost) to bring the gifts.

But still, regardless where you are, what you believe in and what are your traditions: Happy This-time-of-the-year and URB ON!

P.S: Don’t forget to gib santa.

Brut
    Participant

Wait lmao mnb3 actually got released? I feel old now.

Lance

Tyrud

So I was scrolling through the news today, and noticed that the heavy metal band Slayer announced a farewell tour, though no dates have been established yet. I’m not to into metal, but I at least know that Slayer’s had a pretty massive impact on that scene and that seeing them go is no small news. Makes me hope I’ll be able to see some of my own favorite bands before they decide to go farewell too in the future.

@lance Have you ever seen Slayer live at all?

Lance

Last time was 2014 here >>>
    Sadly without one of the founding members.
    “Guitarist and writer Jeff Hanneman Dead At 49: Slayer Guitarist Dies From Spider Bite in 2013.”
    What a shitty way to go. Amazingly the rest of the band bravely continued with all their following contracts.
    Maybe now they have tied all lose ends and are calling it a good live music life.

Three times in total I had the pleasure to be partying with them at smaller and larger concerts.
    Never will I forget my first time watching only them in a small hall play. Lost 30% of my right side hearing afterwards.
    Was my own fault for sticking my drunk head into one of the main speakers.

They where one of my favorite bands ever. Still got a huge collection of music and merchandise from them.
    As far as wanting to see bands that I like before they are no more I wager the though of them still moving me enough first.
    See a lot of old band either changed a great deal, some all the way of doing a 180 flip from their root music as far as content goes or are simply not good enough anymore for me to invest time and money into them.
    I rather keep them in good memory instead of disappointment.
    Currently I (we) are frequent to see newcomer bands and support them instead of keeping long past prime performers rich.

For you my friend I do hope that you will get to see plenty of your favorite bands and performers before they start to stink, fade or suddenly disappear.
    Always great to have a longer talk here in the Sleeping Bear.
    Hopefully others will come to cherish this place one again sometime.
    Cheers and rock on!

p.s. Post would be incomplete without a good song to remember them by.

Vipility
    Participant

Well, I’m lucky that most the bands I listen are still “intact”. In fact, my father used to be in a band for around 25 years, but it got disbanded a few months ago.

Vipility
    Participant

Lance

Wow vipility, that sounds cool to have/had a dad that plays in a band.
    I would have loved to have someone in the family playing any instrument at all.
    Would have been chilly but alas those that started only stuck with it for a few month.

Anyone seen this movie? Comments?

LWillter
    Participant

@lance I liked the movie. Forget how it ends, but was pretty good. I think it is getting some bad reviews, but I liked it. It doesn’t focus too much on fantasy by the way, sure looking at them you can tell, but how they act and such is very human.

Lance

Imagine the shit storm if they made such a “social problem” movie without the “fantasy” elements to cover it up a bit.
    All is well for the Elves in THEIR cities of gold and if you can not relate then YOU yourself screwed up somehow to deserve no better.
    Tough fronts in that movie… very tough fronts. I find that it is well made.
    Maybe a bit to much shooting since a bit less would have made it even more fantasy/RL like.

TANkyMEow
    Participant

I didn’t rly see the movie, I only seen the trailers for it, and I find it to be preetty cool

Lance

Vipility
    Participant

Deus Vult, Monsieur!

Lance

btw Anyone remember this pic?

Cheeki Breeki
    Participant

Well I mean I think you just walk through it, and the tank crew will go on with their day and forget we ever existed, just like everyone else, sir.

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 449 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar