Skirmish Line Beta

Activity Forums General Forum Skirmish Line Beta

This topic contains 101 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  ZoMgY 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 102 total)
  • Author

Snarks
    Participant

@gen-e-flaten

Hm, do they stay broken like this forever, or is it a temporary thing? Sometimes soldiers have to reload and rocks block line of sight. But there also seems to be a bug that’s messing breaking the soldier’s shooting routines, but I’m having trouble figuring out what’s causing it.

Could you give me all the details you can? What kind of soldier was it? Did they have grenades? What weapon?

The next time it happens, can you send me the output debug log? You can find it at:

Mac: ~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log
    Windows: _Skirmish Line_Data_\output_log.txt
    Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/CompanyName/ProductName/Player.log

Snarks
    Participant

I think I found the issue with soldiers no longer firing their weapons. It seems to be related to the change in the reloading system. I’m pushing out a hotfix (0.531) now that should resolve this issue. Thanks for the patience and for reporting the bug!

Arise
    Participant

In the early MNB3, we also have a problem about non firing forever bug that annoying the game play for many patch until we finally fixed it. In our case, it is because of non complete animation or too fast animation, especially when the reloading action get interrupt by other event such as Pin down , Panic status, Use a skill with different animation. If I remember not wrong, We use a checking code to continuous check the soldier reloading status, to avoid it is empty mag but non reloading action be trigger.

Hope this can help you if those nasty bug still continuous bother you. XD

Uptonsky
    Participant

No problem! looking forward to MNB3, but Skirmish Line have big potensial!

Arise
    Participant

Maybe I should not do this, but after I search the new update……….

It seems our Snarks is still not here, but I will like to inform everyone that the Skirmish Line 0.54 is on, come to get new toy and play to provide suggestion and bug report to him, Body! >o<

Game

Nguyen Hai Nam
    Participant

The Lee-endfield and the springfield have no difference from each others. I Guess Lee-endfield has bigger clip and faster reloading or something, but it has not yet been comfirmed

Snarks
    Participant

Hey fellas. Sorry for the lack of updates recently. I’m taking a small break from working on Skirmish Line (although I’ll still put up the occasion update). Currently, I’m doing some work on a second game (unrelated to Skirmish), and just in general, recharging my batteries.

It’s hard to give notable differences between the Springfield and Enfield. At the moment, it has a larger magazine, faster reload, and a tighter damage range than the Springfield.

Snarks
    Participant

Howdy folks!

I’ve returned to working on Skirmish Line, but I don’t have any major gameplay content to share just yet! Most of the work has been debugging and working on getting a mobile version of the game working. I’m planning to rework the logistics purchases on campaign mode along with randomizing mission selection.

The latest build as of this post is 0.553

Arise
    Participant

Glad you back online. >o<

It is good to see there are some awesome stuff keep adding to this game, I am sure that it will be a very good game. Keep up great work @snarks.

I am planing to add with an new channel in the MNB Discord for Skirmish line, would you like to join us there? It will also be easy to work with translation talk or some other stuff there.

Snarks
    Participant

Sure! I’ll be happy to talk to the folks of this fine community!

Snarks
    Participant

Hey folks!

Build 0.56 is currently being uploaded. As mentioned before, changes have been made to the logistics purchases in campaign mode. Trenches and artillery strikes are now separated under the logistical points resource. Under this system, you are allocated a maximum amount of points to allocate to support options. You may reset your logistic purchases at any time before a mission, allowing you to swap out options for different mission types! In addition, missions are now assigned rather than chosen by the player. Be sure to swap out your logistics for the optimal support options!

Lolthulhu
    Participant

hOIIII!!!1
    I’ve been obsessed with MNB2 for years now, and just found out about this game thanks to Snarks reaching out to me. I’ll be live streaming this game on twitch at approximately 3pm CST. VERY glad Snarks reached out to me – this is by far my favorite genre of indie game.

https://www.twitch.tv/Lolthulhu

Arise
    Participant

Just encounter with something weird.

What should I do?

Snarks
    Participant

@arise

That is very strange. Could you email me your output log? I’ll try to replicate it on my own end as well.

@lolthulhu

Great to hear! I hope you and your viewers will enjoy it! If I’m not wrong, isn’t it roughly 3 PM? Your channel seems to be hosting other channels at the moment.

Snarks
    Participant

So I was either dreaming that I programmed it or parts of my code didn’t save for whatever reason, but I’m uploading build 0.561 which fixes an issue where the next mission type was not being randomly selected. First mission will always be a point defense for the time being.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 102 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar