Skirmish Line Beta

Activity Forums General Forum Skirmish Line Beta

This topic contains 101 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  ZoMgY 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 102 total)
  • Author

Ronmr
    Participant

WebGL works, thanks Snarks.

Snarks
    Participant

Great! I talked to Aaron over email as well and got his problem sorted out too.

When the next major build comes out, I’ll also release an ungated version of the WebGL build so you can experience campaign mode. There’s a currently a lock on it because at the time I was looking at uploading the game on Kongregate or other web portals and wasn’t sure if I wanted campaign mode to be publicly available.

Ronmr
    Participant

BTW, could you post a wiki like MnB 2 so we know what some enemies are and such, or in game, or in case you already did where can I find it? Would like to know what enemies there are and which I haven’t seen yet.

Snarks
    Participant

While I would love to see a wiki for Skirmish Line, I simply don’t have the time to maintain it and work on the game. A proper wiki would require volunteer effort to set up, maintain, and write articles in. At some point, I might put in an in-game encyclopedia resource, but that’s lower on the priorities of things to do. In the mean time, I can copy and paste dump requested info onto a document if there’s enough request for it. Let me know what particular info you guys would want to see.

Ronmr
    Participant

I think that CQC badge isn’t working, I took down some enemies in CQC and it shows 0 out of 500. Grenadier badge might also not work but unsure about that.

Ronmr
    Participant

I must say I like that you put Johnson rifle and Johnson machine gun in the game. You rarely see them in games.

Snarks
    Participant

Howdy folks, I’m uploading build 0.52 now. It’s a relatively small content update, featuring a few requests from the feedback I’ve gotten.

Build 0.52

-Added Japanese wooden bunkers
    -Added Lee Enfield rifle
    -Removed block on WebGL version for campaign mode

Redtails
    Participant

-The Hull machine guns for the tanks should work

-I’d suggest adding some sort of mobile artillery/AT guns like an M3 howitzer or M3 37mm
    -Rifle Grenades would be dank

-I’d suggest adding a day and night time theme when defending or attacking sector in campaign

-night time would decrease accuracy, also would increase the chance of the unit retreating due to the confusion of nighttime battle
    -Give officers the ability to call down flare’s to increase sightline for their units

-Suicide bombers should prioritize allied tanks if they are present on the battlefield.

-Type 92 machine gun should be present in Japanese bunkers during defense mode

-Suggest adding mobile marine mortar teams

-Giving Japanese AT grenades

-Might be a bit too advanced but create a way to switch between all 3 sectors. for example, I want to send my engineer to sector B to build some defenses while hold sector A. I think it’s logical for me to send my engi back, switch to sector B (maybe 1,2,3 keys are different screens showing different sectors)and have him dig trenches and set up fox’s holes at the second line of defense. This could work for both defense missions and survival mode.

I’ll keep adding idea’s the more I play m8 keep up the dank work
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Snarks
    Participant

Suicide soldiers should be prioritizing vehicles already. AT Grenades and machine gun emplacements are also in, but they tend to show up later. Let me know if any of these are bugging out or don’t show up at all. AT Grenades should be thrown by Japanese engineers and marines.

Night time would be interesting, but I’ll need to think a bit about how to handle the sightlines.

Marine mortar teams and rifle grenades are also distinct possibilities. Crewed guns will probably take more work, but I’ll keep those in mind. Hull machines are another possibility but would need some changes in the art. Clark’s out for the week, so I won’t be able to check in with him til then.

As a compromise, I can possibly add a special retreat order for engineers which will place down some defenses on the next position. For the time being, you can use the Prepared Fighting Positions requisition.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by  Snarks.

Ronmr
    Participant

Do you plan putting any new units and weapons in the game Snarks? Any info on what to expect?

Snarks
    Participant

Currently, there are no units or weapons in the development pipeline. With Clark away for a few days, I won’t have any new art assets coming along either.

I would like to add Japanese paratrooper units at some point, probably starting with SNLF and then the Teishin Shudan. A pilot rescue mission would also be neat. Buried Japanese tanks would also probably replace the current tank spawns on campaign mode once I get the assets for those as well.

I’m working with a friend to get a trailer for the game going, so I can get the game onto Steam Greenlight, itch.io, and other digital distribution platforms. Otherwise, my focus right now is refining the gameplay, squashing bugs, and possibly implementing a strafing run offmap. Next major build will probably have a squad SMLE upgrade as a requisition order.

Ronmr
    Participant

Will you consider putting Charlton Automatic Rifle in the game? It was made in New Zealand as a full auto version of Lee-Enfield rifle, oh also Bren and Sten for British soldiers, considering you already put SMLE in.

Snarks
    Participant

I considered adding more Commonwealth weapons. While it’s fairly inexpensive to add more weapons, I’d like for the weapons to all have their own distinct place. I feel that adding more weapons currently will start overlapping existing weapons and could confuse newer players. If you guys can make a case for them though, I’ll reconsider it. Stens would have to compete with the existing SMGs. Charlton would be competing with the Johnson LMG and BAR. The Bren could be a viable choice as an inbetween the M1919A6 and BAR/Johnson.

Uptonsky
    Participant

Snarks

I arcade mode the soldiers sometimes just stop shooting, dont know if this is a bug or not, but would be nice to clarify this :/

Uptonsky
    Participant

*In arcade mode

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 102 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar