Skirmish Line Beta

Activity Forums General Forum Skirmish Line Beta

This topic contains 101 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  ZoMgY 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 102 total)
  • Author

Snarks
    Participant

Hm, that’s odd. The output_log.txt file should be located in the Skirmish Line Data folder, in a directory like this:
    Desktop/Skirmish Line 0.515 Windows/Skirmish Line 0.515_Data/output_log

It’s auto-generated whenever the game is launched and should be recording regardless of any bugs.

If you’re using Linux (I recall that you might be?), then check this directory:

/home/username/.config/unity3d/Snarky Ant LLC/SkirmishLine/Player.log

Arise
    Participant

Yeah I found it, How can I give you the file?

Ronmr
    Participant

Uhm, I downloaded the latest 0.515 version of the game for windows and it won’t even start, am I doing something wrong or the download was bad and should re-download it?

Snarks
    Participant

You can just email it to me at: tonyminhhua@gmail.com

@ronmr

Could you give a little more detail? Make sure you’ve unzipped the file first using something like WinRar or 7zip, then run the .exe file.

Ronmr
    Participant

I have unzipped it, it looks normal, there is the data folder and the application and I click the application but nothing happens.

Snarks
    Participant

I just downloaded and ran the file. Try redownloading it. Also, could you let me know what OS you are running?

Ronmr
    Participant

I am on Windows 10, will try to redownload it.

Ronmr
    Participant

Redownloaded it, still nothing, are there any programs I need to play this game?

Snarks
    Participant

It should be a standalone application. This is really strange. So after trying to run the application, nothing happens at all, no window or anything? Could you check your task manager to see if Skirmish Line 0.52.exe *32 is in the processes?

Also, have you been able to run other Unity type games before?

Snarks
    Participant

Do you have any anti-viruses running in the background as well? It may be blocking the application from running.

Ronmr
    Participant

Well after I try to run it, there is the circle near the pointer indicating that it is processing but it soon after vanishes and nothing happens. My windows is 64bit so is it interfering with the game? I turned off the real time protection and tried running it and same stuff. And I checked the task managers and there is no skirmish line and it doesn’t get added to it and disappear, just nothing, only my CPU goes a bit up and nothing else, oh and the folder in which the app is when I try to run it freezes for a moment but comes back. I will try to download an earlier version of the game to see if it will work.

Ronmr
    Participant

Tried version 0.501 same stuff, nothing.

Arise
    Participant

I think that the soldiers voice when be clicked can be change a little bit.

Give it 50% to trigger voice when you click soldiers. Something like :” I am waiting! ” , ” Yes Sir! ”
    Give it 50% to trigger after you click the target destination, like: ” I am moving! ” or ” Moving! Cover Me!”

So the action will be much like what we have and will not be too annoying I think. XD

Snarks
    Participant

I tried the game out a few different Windows 10 machines, and they all worked. I’m not sure what the issue is. Could you send me the output log from:

…/Skirmish Line 0.515 Windows/Skirmish Line 0.515_Data/output_log

I’m not sure if it generated a log or not, but if it did, then it might give me an idea of what’s going on.

Usually when something like this happens, it’s because of anti-virus. Is there an admin mode you could apply to the application perhaps?

Aaron
    Participant

It’s a nice game but I have a problem with it, I already tried different versions but still got the same bug idk if it’s bug tho, US soldiers does not appear on my game, I can see the Japs tho I can’t controll my soldiers because of this.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 102 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar