Skirmish Line Alpha

Activity Forums General Forum Skirmish Line Alpha

This topic contains 158 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  Snarks 7 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 159 total)
  • Author

Arise
    Participant

It will release the update version in the official page.

Check this brother.

Mexican Batman
    Participant

thx Arise

Mexican Batman
    Participant

So I played the newest skirmish line alpha. the Anzac commando’s are not that good as troops , the Marines could be better and so could the spec ops , they need to be made better . the enemy wont need any types of nerfs if those classes of troops are made as good as they should be because I think the Japanese are as good as they should be . Doing those things will make the game better and more real . I like the game and its improvements

Snarks
    Participant

@anomie

That’s strange. Could you specify what troops aren’t spawning? Yours or the enemies? Also, what OS are you running? If you have a save from the previous campaign, try restarting the campaign first. I might need to implement a save version counter in case there’s some issues with it trying to load older, incompatible saves.

I will be taking a look at changing the grenade throwing code. That’s something that definitely could use some fine tuning.

One big gameplay decision question I have for everyone. Should I make the Retreat All order accessible without an officer?

Thanks for the feedback everyone. As always, your feedback is critical!

• This reply was modified 9 months ago by  Snarks.

Mexican Batman
    Participant

yes the retreat all order without officer would be a good change

Nguyen Hai Nam
    Participant

Anomie
    Participant

@snarks

My OS is Windows 7, 64-bit.

Only my soldiers were not spawning; the Japanese soldiers spawned as usual.

I did restart my campaign several times, with the same result.

Snarks
    Participant

@anomie Has campaign mode worked for you on previous versions? For Arcade mode, are your requisition points saving correctly? These are the points you use to purchase items in the deploy menu before going in game. Has anyone else had a similar issue as Anomie?

I’m uploading build 0.394 now which features reduced time in between soldiers looking for targets along with some other minor changes and fixes.

Anomie
    Participant

@snarks

It has worked for me on previous versions. I have no idea why it stopped working.

Requisition points do accumulate properly, but my total waves survived (in the stats panel) do not seem to register correctly. For example, if I survive around, let’s say, 50 waves in Arcade mode, it will say I survived 50 waves on the game over screen, but in my career stats it shows that I survived about 2000 waves! Right now, it says that I’ve survived around 14K total waves when in reality it is less than 4000. These numbers are just very rough estimates, but this is obviously a serious issue and needs to be addressed.

A reset profile button would be a great, and in my opinion, necessary function for this game.

Keep it up, I’m loving the direction this game is going!

Snarks
    Participant

@anomie

I’m uploading build 0.395, which includes a profile reset function. Let me know if that fixes your issue.

@Nyugen Hai Nam

You can try to double up on each fox hole to economize on your command points. Barbed Wire will slow down targets, and mines can cover your flanks. With enough firepower, you can probably kill most of the enemies before they can bypass. If you’re on the last position, you can call a SitRep to reduce the number of bypassed enemies. If there’s simply too many enemies, retreating to the next position will give you some additional command points and preserve the lives of your soldiers.

Anomie
    Participant

The issue has been fixed! Nice work.

Snarks
    Participant

Hello again folks,

I am currently uploading build 0.4, which will probably be the last major build for Arcade mode before I get start implementing new systems for the campaign mode.

Build 0.4 (incomplete features list)

-Implemented SS-Ki engineering vehicle
    -Added AT Mines
    -Improved soldier target prioritization
    -Various changes to various units

I’d like to see how far you guys can reach. Let me know what your personal top wave count is with 0.4!

Arise
    Participant

Before we start the 0.4 test, this is the thing we definitely have to response. (Attention!)

Thanks @snarks, we are love that you create a such awesome game and share with us on this website. This credit give us power and honor, it is good to play your game.

Keep up great work there, We will do as more as possible on this community. If you need a men, just call it. >o<

Arise
    Participant

If you are going to ask me, I would say this patch is very impressive. Japanse truck, the grenade all the thing seems play well. Also the fog balance well now. Also try about fall back it save lot of men for sure. >o<

*One of the thing is the grenade tossing is awesome I guess, not sure it will break the balance or not as the Japanese also toss that fast and large number. I guess the Skirmish line balance status is very different so I will not use MNB2 situation to discuss about that. Great work!

Currently not seen any bug and I guess I play well.

Here is a game play video and sorry sudden cut the game due to Mom call me for work! ( I have to be a good son here. >o< )

Suggestion:

*I think the Japan Armor truck can be much more tougher, as the grenade is lots in this game. Sure it will take damage from the grenade but it should be much less. (Take about 3-4 I guess )
    *Maybe some sandbag is also good as cover, can be destroyed by explosion but large as trench cost 1 point.
    *MG can give it a switching or something can present the MG ability function to improve this unit.

Please enjoy my show. XD

Mexican Batman
    Participant

So I been playing skirmish line alpha a bit lately and it is really good , I love the improvements . I personally think the Spec Ops and Anzac Commando’s should be improved but overall the game is absolutely great. You did a great job making it.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 159 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar