Skirmish Line Alpha

Activity Forums General Forum Skirmish Line Alpha

This topic contains 107 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Snarks Snarks 11 hours, 40 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 108 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Snarks
    Snarks
    Participant

Howdy folks. For everyone that missed the thread I put up on the old forums (fantastic timing on all that happening btw), I’m one of the creators of Skirmish Line, a game inspired by Mud and Blood 2. I’m hoping to get some feedback from the wonderful folks in this community. This build has seen some changes from the last one I posted on the old forums.

I’ll periodically post up new alphas. Your feedback matters! It’ll drive the direction we’ll take the game. Any feedback is welcomed, but please be constructive with it. Changes are easier to make when we can identify what the issues are. Here’s a link to the alpha:

Alpha Build 2
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/m4ltoh13v3mgwvi/UnityProject.zip?dl=0

If someone needs a Mac/Linux? build, let me know. We can make a build for that too.

• This topic was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Profile photo of Snarks Snarks.
    Profile photo of Reid
    Reid

Something must be amiss here, because I still can’t play the game. When I click ‘Play’ this Deploy folder appears but I can’t do anything but Abort from here.

Profile photo of Reid
    Reid

Ugh, image didn’t display correctly. Here is the link

Profile photo of urbzz
    urbzz
    Keymaster

Good luck with your project Snark, I’ll give that a spin when I got a minute. It’ll be nice also that you give credit to mudandblood somewhere if the game is essentially the same thing 😉

Profile photo of Snarks
    Snarks
    Participant

@reid Can you let me know what your screen resolution is? We haven’t been able to test the game on many machines. I think I might know what the problem is. I’ll push a hotfix when I’m back on the computer.

@urb of course, I’ll be sure to include Mud and Blood 2 or Mud and Blood Network as part of the credits

Profile photo of Reid
    Reid

My resolution is 1920×1080.

Profile photo of DeadlyAnt
    DeadlyAnt
    Participant

@reid Based on your picture it’s because you tried to use all the medals at the same time and you don’t have enough points. I think the GUI needs some work. Try canceling all the medals and then clicking deploy on the top.

Profile photo of Reid
    Reid

This sounds really dumb but I didn’t realize the text Deploy was clickable like the Abort text was. I assumed that Deploy was just the title of that tab and that there was some other button I needed to press to actually deploy. Not my proudest moment lol

Profile photo of Snarks
    Snarks
    Participant

I see the problem now. You don’t have enough balance to pay for the requisition requests. In an earlier build before we implemented full screen or wide screen support, an early message would pop up. It still does but the message is covered by the folder.

Redundant post.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Profile photo of Snarks Snarks.
    Profile photo of Chris
    Chris
    Participant

how do I play it do I just press link?

Profile photo of DeadlyAnt
    DeadlyAnt
    Participant

@Chris to play you go to the link in the first post and download the file, then you need to unzip/extract the file and then go to the folder where you extracted it and double click on the game. Once you are in the game you click “Play” and then click “Deploy” on the top.

Profile photo of Mrprofilen
    Mrprofilen
    Participant

Honestly, this wasn’t bad. Surprisingly I got URBd harder on this than on MnB2 (whoooooah, that’s something). The UI could use a little work.

I can’t report bugs however, because I was having a little too much fun running face first at suicide vest to look for bugs.

Overall, can’t wait to see this get flushed out a little more. Good luck Snarks, and god speed.

Profile photo of Thomas
    Thomas
    Participant

Yo, if I can get a mac build that would be sweet

Profile photo of Kacpo
    Kacpo
    Participant

Played it.
    Works decently. I can clearly see it being MnB 2.0.1 with the core gameplay the same, but with multiple features added and some removed.

My only issue is that the playing field seems to only act as a background and offers no features such as LoS blockers, like trees in MnB games.

On the second thought, it’s more like MnB II. It’s 2, but different :p

Looking forwad to next playable build.

Profile photo of Snarks
    Snarks
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback thus far! I’ve increased the concealment values for the trees, rocks, and bushes and removed the cap on the concealment. This should ensure that a bunch of foliage will block sight but a few won’t. I’ve also attached a list of future features we’re planning to add.

I’ve also uploaded a Mac build.

Edit: I can’t seem to edit the original post. Can we change it so that we can edit the same post multiple times? I’ll post the new links down here.

Windows
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/rqldt8cu5526070/UnityProject.zip?dl=0

Mac
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/j5cse91m3grkgpx/UnityProjectMac.zip?dl=0

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Profile photo of Snarks Snarks.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 108 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar