Skills, Weapons and Ranking-Up Suggestions Changes Discussion

Activity Forums Mud and Blood 3 Suggestions Skills, Weapons and Ranking-Up Suggestions Changes Discussion

This topic contains 43 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lance Lance 1 day, 18 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of fady
    fady
    Participant

I was thinking that maybe you can have one soldier that you could customize,Like change his portrait and name, he could maybe be your avatar in the game, like how you ranked up your avatar in mnb2 so you can play certain opps but with this one your avatar can head out on the field, you would level him up like every one else but I was thinking that the only difference could be that if you HALT or give up for the day he would be the only soldier that you don’t lose. however if he dies thats it hes dead, maybe you can level his stats up as you go on more missions with him, or give him certain buffs, I am asking that you include this because I am sure that we have all in one point in time added our selves into a game where you could change the characters names. it would include another sense of progression as your avatar levels up and get better, feel free to comment your ideas about this…

Profile photo of Lance
    Lance

Aaa, I recall similar suggestions for mnb2 called “Playing as yourself” meaning the same that you can or will have your game profile character on the field.
    While this is a very nicely described suggestion @fady I see more problems then benefits and game concept conflicts.
    You suppose to play in the third person and not have a character in the actual game that can die.
    In case of character death you would have to start with a new profile and that would be real bad.
    Currently in Recon players get shocked when not making another tour.
    MNB3 is suppose to be more player friendly ans arcade like.

Profile photo of Lance
    Lance

Since there are plenty of vids up of MNB3 to follow the developing process everyone that does follow could reply here.
    I posted similar before so this is more of a re-post since it been months since the last.

Engagement Range is to far and not player friendly.
    The field is 600 pix long and exchange of fire from normal weapons can easily go to 700 pix with a Scout / Binoculars / Enemy with long LOS leaving your view field and therefore taking away the action.
    Maybe reduce spotting to 500 pix and have a max of 550 pix for Scouts and such units.

Allied Weapon Balancing;
    Pistol. ROF is still to high. Jams way to often. CQC hit chance is way to low.
    Springfield also jams a lot. Unsure if this is historical, due to low xp soldiers or wanted for the URB factor.
    Carbine has better hit chances now but still could use a bit more since it’s damage is not so high.
    Sten-Gun and all other SMGs still need a CQC buff. It is silly to stand some 20 pix from an enemy and not hit him at all with this unless your Rifle-Points are high enough.
    The whole point of these weapons is that relative poor shooters or for those in need of quick reactions will surely hit someone at close range with the Bullet-Spray-Method.
    Shotgun seams to have to far of a max hitting range. It should not be possible to drop an enemy with this weapon at 500 pix range.

German Weapon Balancing;
    HMG definitely needs an accuracy reduction. This thing is currently worse then the 222 in mnb2.
    Reload? It does not seam to ever run out of bullets or needs to change the barrel.
    Enemy Mortar also is to accurate. This thing almost always gibs someone or at least hurts my team badly until I can either chare him or retreat.
    Ammo limit is also not seen. Should be 4 shots and then a cool down as with our man.

The Pack88 seams a bit big for our engagement ranges.
    Currently it will shoot almost right in front of itself short of FF.
    The blast is so big that any shot that even comes close will kill anyone near it. May be overkill at times.
    This may be bad for the players but the Pack88 should have a much farther firing range.
    However some 50% of the shells should fall way off from your position or out of the game field.
    Be a good scare.

Profile photo of Mexican Batman
    Mexican Batman
    Participant

@ Lance , we have often had very different views of things in this game but I agree with these the 88’s will nearly blow themselves up with their shots and I don’t think they should hit that close. Shotguns aren’t as nerfed irl as they are in games but to make them not OP they should get a range reduction since they are meant to be close quarters weapons . The shotgun was meant to be used at point blank range I believe. The HMG accuracy I believe definitely should be reduced, it is more accurate than a full auto sniper at close range when you are at least 400 pixels away. The enemies have no cool down or limit to their mortars and it should be addressed. Carbines were like replacements for troops who would normally only get pistols so I wouldn’t mind if they were kept the same or made a bit more lethal.

Profile photo of Tyrud
    Tyrud

Flak 88 suicides could probably be solved by having the crew dismount the gun once an Allied soldier crosses a certain distance threshold (too close to consider using this thing for anything, better get pew-pewing). Minimum engagement range is also very necessary, and on it’s own can probably solve the Flak suicide problem too.

HMGs should have either a barrel change or reload phase to give the commander some tactical opportunities that can easily be negated by the presence of other German soldiers nearby, or if it remains with no reloads, it should become a pinning, rather than a killing machine.

Profile photo of Lance
    Lance

“Flak 88 suicides …”
    That already got fixed. Crewman will jump out once you get someone close enough just like with the HMG.
    But without LOS cover to get close enough or luck that the first shot is an overflight this will kill the GI(s) that is closest. Just like the HMG does.
    Expanding the minimum engagement range to some 400 pix would be nice in addition to my previously mentioned random sporadic field bombardment up to 1000 pix away as long as there are no enemy units there.

I once again address the Ranking UP = Rifle Skill balancing.
    Suggestion; Reduce both sides max rifle skill by 5-15 points depending on the class.
    Both sides seam to have OP marksmen after the 3rd field+ and while that is a way for the enemy to become stronger per field advanced it makes the game eventually a first shot-win game for both sides and thereby not so much fun for those that rather see a longer more realistic fire-exchange.

Furthermore with patience and good tactics the players can currently go on for many consecutive fields with maxed men unless getting hit with a lucky enemy one-shot-kill.

To reduce this Max OP GIs runs I also suggest to increase ALL cool-down-timers.

Profile photo of Arise
    Arise
    Participant

Talk about the HMG, I agree to nerf it’s accuracy to as close as our Gunner currently accuracy. In this point, to let in come to real, the each bullet shoot should be very high, and also have a chance to gib a unit instantly, this is the point to stand.

50 caliber or bigger actually is much more accurate and stable then normal bullet, as it’s mass is larger then others so it gain the higher stability and effective range. The common in-accurate cause is come from the gun itself, not the bullet.(That is why now the longest effective range sniper rifle is using 50 caliber) So this weapon should still be powerful in mid-close range.

Back to game maybe give it a suppressive range about 300 pixels, so team can clean this guy with marksman or some rifle specialty much safer, as what usually happened on the battlefield.

For the Flak88, I believe the crate should be smaller and burst range to shorter, just like what we do to the tank shell. Also, as this weapon can’t put its angle down enough, so give it a minimal range is needed.

I also got an idea to give the Bazooka a nerf, let this weapon require two men to use, it can just like what we give the LMG, when the LMG reload, the nearest men will stop and help to let the reload process faster. Give some process like that.

Bazooka now will be a little bit slower while firing so it can not be use so good to against the German infantry to slightly prevent the over use of Engineer. So the hit of Tank or truck also require some skill to use.

Profile photo of Lt.Dan
    Lt.Dan
    Participant

I don’t think the HMG should be nerfed.
    Historically it’s as accurate as any sniper rifle (just ask Carlos Hathcock) so maybe have the first shots be accurate and the remainder of the burst go downhill precision-wise from there?

Enfield shooting fast is OK with me too. The Enfield was famous for being the fastest reloading bolt action rifle around so it makes sense that you can pop off targets really quickly. Otherwise it’s just the Springfield with more ammo.

The M1 Carbine fires what is pretty much a high velocity pistol cartridge. So the recoil is low. I’m thinking it could get an accuracy and fire rate buff (slight). Otherwise it’s hardly better than the pistol, and the pistol at least has suppressing abilities.

The Lewis Gun is actually a better support weapon in real life than the BAR. If you ask me the BAR should be the rifleman’s top tier weapon instead of the Garand. Garand seems like a small upgrade from the Springfield (considering that the Scoped Springfield is supposedly better than the Scoped Garand) and the BAR was a common infantryman’s weapon. It should be Garand-M2-BAR. Or Carbine-Garand-BAR. I just don’t like the idea of the BAR being a support weapon.

The Panzer MG might need a nerf. It is too accurate! In real life you can hardly see out of that thing yet it mows down my men left and right. One Panzer shredded my squad without firing a single shot from its main cannon.

Explosions should be more powerful in holes and water, have normal damage in open ground, and do less damage near trees. I think it’s already more powerful in trenches, which is cool.

Rifle grenades should force the shooter to reload a magazine that can actually shoot rifle grenades. And then afterwards have to switch again. Tricky process but that’s how it’s done unless you want to kill yourself lol.

Just some thoughts.

Also, will there be different Wehrmacht soldier types in the future? These dark grey guys are getting a little boring and I liked the excitement of random unit sends in MnB2.

Profile photo of Lt.Dan
    Lt.Dan
    Participant

What’s more, the Carbine is typically seen as a secondary, or a light weapon for close quarters. I’d support the Signaller having the M1 Carbine right off the bat instead of the Springfield.

Commandos have the BAR for their top tier, which is an OK idea. But maybe there should be more sub machine guns like the Lanchester or Stirling.

I don’t like the T26 either. It’s not a high improvement, also it’s not historically accurate because it was never actually used in World War 2. Replacing it with the BAR would be optimal.

A good low tier machine gun to replace the BAR could be the Johnson MG, which was used by US infantrymen in small quantities during WW2.

Profile photo of Lt.Dan
    Lt.Dan
    Participant

Edit: T26 was a lot better than I thought. Still don’t support it’s naming the Tanker Garand, T22 should do fine though.

Also, yeah. HMG should get a Nerf if only to balance the game. They are OP if you don’t take them out fast enough.

Sorry, I am still new to this game so forgive any contradictions I may have in my posts.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Profile photo of Lt.Dan Lt.Dan.
    Profile photo of Mexican Batman
    Mexican Batman
    Participant

did someone make the HMG immune to strafes ?

Profile photo of fady
    fady
    Participant

well I was thinking that you would loose your character and have to start with another one but still keep your progress, like where u are at on the map but not keep that character maybe start over with a new character

Profile photo of Nick
    Nick
    Participant

I’d read somewhere that each each unit (I can’t remember if it was squad or platoon) had a rifleman designated to use rifle grenades. I’d been reading the suggestions posts and from what I gather, eventually each class will have up to 20 possible skills from which you choose 3. I would like to suggest that AT grenades and AT rifle grenades be added to the game, either by adding to an existing soldier class (presumably rifleman), or by adding a new class, e.g. Rifleman II, Ranger, etc.

From what I’ve read or heard, AT rifle grenades were as effective as the M9 Bazooka at penetrating Armor, but since they arc and hit the top of their target, are more effective since the top armor is thinner than the front and side armor.

I don’t know how Mud and Blood 3 is set up, but form my expirience in Mud and blood 2, enemy armor is a pain is the butt. There is almost no good way to take them out. Tanks and AT guns are just too inaccurate, same with Arty from the signaler. Bazooka has to hit just right, it seems to blow up outside the hitbox most of the time. The only things I find effective are an expirienced squad equipped with grenades getting a lucky hit and a sapper hiding in a bunker close to the front. The latter would not work when you are trying to advance.

Profile photo of Lance
    Lance

The Rifleman specialty had/ has all Grenade types (Smoke, Frag and Rifle) as upgrades respectively and they are real helpful in MNB3.
    Especially Rifle-Grenade is currently a nice single arty shot due to its long range.
    In MNB3 the Tanks can be damaged by all sort of explosions to the point of either blowing up or getting their weapons knocked out therefore not posing any danger to you anymore.
    They still need a bit of work on the AI and secondary damages from bullets.

As to how to kill / damage a Tank in MNB3.
    We have skills by Engineer namely Bazooka and Mines. Rifleman with Grenade and Rifle-Grenade. Commando TNT. Signaller CAS, Bomb-Drop and Arty. Officer (calls) Stuart Tank.

Suggestion Time: Officer needs to have more Orders options.
    The current skills of Unpinning and then Moral Boost to a single GI are almost worthless in the current game for me.
    If I really need to use them then things are usually going south fast.
    Currently the passive skill of gaining % bonuses to combat for everyone can help but the real reason to even get an Officer is the Stuart Tank in my opinion.
    That however is a big gamble since gaining xp is real hard for an Officer and you need 4 upgrades to use this skill so it is something (usually) that helps in multiple leg runs.

Now to the core idea: The new Officer Skills would each have multiple effects.
    * 1st skill “Stand up and fight!!!” = Unpin All + Moral Boost Everyone by the amount of experience the Officer has.
    This way freshly unpinned soldiers do not get insta pinned again and eventually panic.
    * 2nd skill “Give ’em Hell!!!” = All stop, Unpin if needed+unpinable for the duration of this and then All-Around-Defense action like in mnb2 where every GI pics a target (each a different one if possible) and then empties their clip.

Player based commands. Need a new icon field for this.
    1) Advance = All GIs move strait up.
    2) Halt = All GIs stop.
    3) Take Cover = All GIs either go pinned or kneel when in cover. Lasts 5 seconds.
    4) Retreat = All GIs move strait down.

Suggestion for additional movement type for our GIs.
    Crawling when pinned just like the enemy can. Movement speed be 1/3rd the usual.
    I simply can not see why our troops can not or should not be able to do so.

Profile photo of Lance
    Lance

Medic Skills and passive skill changes:
    Passive healing is currently to slow when used on all soldiers.
    Change to healing the lowest HP GI in range at 2 or 3 times the current speed.
    That way a “bleeding out” GI can be better taken care of but a “fail-to-save” should still be possible.

1st Skill: Currently is Intensive Care. Switch with First Aid (2nd skill) and give it an instant healing of up to 30hp. Cooldown of 100 seconds.

2nd skill: Make Intensive Care work only on the lowest HP soldier. Currently I feel it is OP due to binging everyone up to full hp in no time.
    Perhaps a single GI can be administered (selected for this) and he will then heal by himself to max full health where he will heal 2hp per second till reached.
    Taking damage while healing back up cancels this effect.

3rd skill: Since the introduction of being able to use an upgrade point on the Medal for Full Health+Moral and since Intensive care is rather fast the option to reduce a GIs health by 10 is not so appeasing to use aside from rare emergency situations that I can not say had many of since GIs that get hit hard are usually in a hopeless situation anyways if Intensive Care is not an option.

Therefore change the effect of the Syringe to something worth using and justifying the high tier by giving the GI 200 health and 200 moral temporarily (so 30 seconds) then drop the health to 90 Max.
    This way the player has the option to super-charge a soldier for a break-through action for a short time taking the permanent HP hit afterwards.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar