Screenshots

This topic contains 64 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Rob, aka easthulltiger Rob, aka easthulltiger 3 days, 23 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Lance
    Lance

Wish I would find more villages to get needed help like you did Nebula.
    That must have been Mr. Rambo under the Monties there. Is that Fog at night…

Firebase? No, it’s Ho-Chi-Ming’s junk yard. Awesome pic. Taking a picture would have been most rewarding.

Profile photo of Nebula
    Nebula
    Participant

Yes, that was indeed a fog night, AKA Hell. But yeah, now that you mentioned it, he had long black curly hair… Not sure about the red bandana.

Profile photo of Rooster
    Rooster
    Participant

I’d been reading upon enemy units a few days ago and remember reading thet the Dac Cong made things go boom. Would this soldier in the light blue uniform be a Dac Cong?

Profile photo of Lt.Dan
    Lt.Dan
    Participant

It’s very possible, since there are no other enemies dressed this way.

Profile photo of Rooster
    Rooster
    Participant

A’ight. I figured because I haven’t seen NVA with RPG’s before, only this guy.

Profile photo of Tyrud
    Tyrud

RPG’s can actually be randomly be found on both the VC and the NVA (Dac Cong as well of course) as they are treated as weapons rather than equipment (much in the same way you can find enemies armed with US weapons). At least, this was the case at some point.

On the point of the soldier himself, he might very well be Dac Cong as Lt.Dan said given that the only other blue uniforms are the regional VCs, who are dressed in a darker sort of indigo/blue uniform.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by Profile photo of Tyrud Tyrud.
    Profile photo of Arise
    Arise
    Participant

Dac Cong is the most different unit in Recon, if you ever see the VC sniper’s body then you will know that. They are beautiful and can combine with lots of troop or randomly appeared.

So be sure to watch out those weapon, they are both deadly.

Profile photo of Mexican Batman
    Mexican Batman
    Participant

https://gyazo.com/2d2df13c48cc82e7f274e22cc0f12e47
    I have always noticed there are 2 types of VC’S that wear Blue , one in darker blue with mag pouches and another in light blue that seems to carry a gourd or a powder horn.
    Can anyone explain the difference between them if any ?

Profile photo of Tyrud
    Tyrud

I have always noticed there are 2 types of VC’S that wear Blue , one in darker blue with mag pouches and another in light blue that seems to carry a gourd or a powder horn.
    Can anyone explain the difference between them if any?

Will post response here for future reference:

The dark blue almost black uniformed guys are VC mainforce where as the lighter blue guys like the dead guy all the way on the left are regional force VC. Sky blue/light gray guys are, like the one in the most recent picture shown in the screenshots topic, are likely Dac Cong (sappers).

Profile photo of Lt.Dan
    Lt.Dan
    Participant

All I can say is, it was a bad day to be the VC.

Profile photo of Mrprofilen
    Mrprofilen
    Participant

Great Ambush

Just started a fresh profile, second mission (two hunter-killer missions in a row). Found another patrol grid, in the SAME spot as the last one. Setup a claymore ambush, and in about 2-3 seconds, all the enemies were dead. Easy mission, easy XP.

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by Profile photo of Mrprofilen Mrprofilen.
    Mrprofilen
    Participant

Probably one of the scarier NVA units along side Counter-LRRP. Glad we ambushed him via trenches than having to fight in the jungle at long range.

Profile photo of Arise
    Arise
    Participant

VC Sniper is very deadly, even his weapon is not good enough. But heavy wound a ranger is still very easy.
    I have some bad meeting with this guy, and he wear really poor. >o<

Mrprofilen
    Participant

I usually run away and airstrike the snipers. No one got time for them. I got work to be done, like ambushing massive QRF forces from the north :p.

thought today i’ll do a down pilot mission, so i landed in the LZ, straight away i called in bird dog, no answer, but pvt randall spotted a friendly…… so i scouted the map, couldnt see him, so i centred back on pvt randall. to my surprise, this was the easiest mission in the world.

HEADS UP.

https://gyazo.com/8283a0b61aee1f12445effacadb8968b

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 65 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar