Screenshots

This topic contains 176 replies, has 38 voices, and was last updated by  CommanderPanzer 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 166 through 177 (of 177 total)
  • Author

Shane
    Participant

I drew it yesterday at the begging of a game so its not so bad when you only have like 5 Intel.

Shane
    Participant

This was one hell of a mess good thing the huey gunner came with his a game. He killed a lot of villagers that day.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  Shane.

urbzz
    Keymaster

Wow that is some messed up LZ fam!

Greendale
    Participant

Why can’t I post here :0 if my posts are showing up for you guys I’m sorry for the spam. I can’t see them 😀

Lance

May have to do whit editing your own posts to fast and to much.
    I also noticed that links can cause a post to fail. Happened top me a few times.
    Must be the security here to keep link spam down.
    Try posing again @greendale and if some things inside the post, like pictures, do not work right maybe I can then help you as a moderator by editing it.

Greendale
    Participant

Oh yeah, it’s the editing that causes that. I only fixed a minor typo and it deleted the whole post. I’ll try again soon 🙂

urbzz
    Keymaster

Thanks for the sitrep mate. Funny how i’ve read similar accounts in actual LURP books. Whoever made that game is on to something 🙂

Tyrud

When you’re playing Recon while vibing to synthwave and retrowave music in the background.

Lance

I thought I could try to edit the last post by @greendale and display the pictures directly here. First edit worked well but after I inserted the second picture and hit post the forum ate the whole thing. Sorry. I went back in my browser and copy-paste the whole thing here again.
    ~Lance … Moderator that did not follow his own advice had given only a few posts up.

Operation Silent Whiskey

This was my 6th mission with the LRRPs, we were tasked to kill 9 enemies. Pretty basic stuff, right?

Nope. We got freaking ambushed. It all started when I saw some tracks that were left by the enemy. I proceeded to investigate further with Benny, while Cook and Skully kept overwatch.

“This track was left by some sort of local force VC, it is less than an hour old. Based on the track pattern, it seems they move in a group of 14 individuals.”

The jungle around us exploded with gunfire, it wasn’t the ordinary single-fire musket/sks kind of gunfire we had gotten used to. It was a bloody 600 RPM rain of bullets from dozens RP ofKs and AKs. Oh, and they also had sniper rifles… Those bloody things ended up critically wounding both my team leader and our radio operator.
    All of this happened in grid 1E, at the bottom left corner of the map. Thanks to our impressive collection of explosives, we were able to fight off the VC forces and aid the wounded while still under contact. We then embarked on the longest journey I have ever had to make in my career. Dragging two wounded soldiers, friends, from grid 1E to the LZ at grid 3C is not exactly a swift operation.
    We continued to take fire from pursuing VC for some time. However, they stopped shooting at us some point. I don’t know why, maybe we killed them all. It’s difficult to remember everything that went down.
    When we finally got to the LZ Cook was already fading in and out of consciousness. We managed to call for extraction despite the terrible weather. The sound of the Huey blades swiping through the air was music to my ears. I was in tears by the time I boarded the chopper. Thank god we all made it out of that jungle alive. Cook might never walk again… Him and Bennett are both in intensive care now.

Here are some screenshots. It was hectic af, so I only managed to snap one after I had boarded the heli. I got the AAR for you guys too. I had already given out the medals I got. There were 2 Purple Stars, a Bronze Star and a Medal of Honour. I gave the MoH to the medic, the narrator of this story, who under heavy enemy fire risked his own life to medically aid his brothers in need. This was a hell of a mission to get back into recon with. Phew. 😀

Where shit went down
    https://imgur.com/W3K3IG9

The AAR
    https://imgur.com/1LGorYN

I removed all the fancy stuff, let’s see if it works.
    *I edited it back in and the forum ate the post….~Lance

Mo-Tah
    Participant

Tyrud, Dude… That’s just fucking Awesome. 🙁 Shame it’s not a video with said music wafting through the air…

🙂

A Bloody-Sunday post with the caption “And the bastards STILL wont quit…”

Nicholas Andersen
    Participant

Not a screenshot per se, but today I inserted in an RTX mission and the LZ had >80 % signal…

CommanderPanzer
    Participant

The hunter becomes the hunted. . .

Ran into these four fellows on an ambush mission today.

Seconds later I met 2 Regional Force and a handful of Local Force charlies. . .let’s just say my RTO can shoot a mean Grease Gun.

This was definitely one of my better missions, as I also acquired my HVT and took lots’o’pictures.

Viewing 12 posts - 166 through 177 (of 177 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar