Skip to toolbar

Recondo (Recon LUA) Suggestions

Activity Forums Recon Suggestions Recondo (Recon LUA) Suggestions

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Lance

There is no dedicated suggestion topic thread for the NEW RECON game so here it be.

Snipper
    I think grenade range should be nerfed lua recon, or alternatively weapon range should be buffed
    kind of silly that grenade throw range is so much further than XM177 effective range on semi auto
    ——————————-
    I second this.
    Not only range nerf hand grenades but also the damage they do cause in the jungle that nade could have landed in a place where it explodes with but minimal effect for it’s blast area.

If possible the Terrain Type where the nade lands should effect it’s performance.
    Say it lands in water then the blast would be very small and if it be a gas/smoke/WP nade then it would just fizzle in place for a while without any effect.

Lance

NamNguyenNVN

Counter lrrp need abit adjusting
    Mainly how they camp LZ
    Camping LZ is fine
    They need to hide in tree though
    I am sure urb can code it

Lance

NamNguyenNVN
    New Unit Idea

Scout is something urb interesr
    NVA had scout that did nothing but stalk your rangers
    They will stalk you and report back to HQ

Chi Long Qua
    Participant

Maybe going off the scout idea, there could be a 2-3 man NVA team following you. A radioman, Forward Observer & trail guard. Their job is to guide NVA support weapons on you. For balance reasons, they should appear on moderate heat, killing the FO or Radioman will cancel support called on you & they will flee the AO if fired upon/compromised.

I don’t know if these implementations will possible due to coding or balance, but adding Napalm under fast air? It burns an area for 10-30 seconds and the bodies can’t be searched for intel. For balance reasons, it has to be marked with smoke. Weather, visibility & your radio operator skill level will affect the pilot’s ability to see the smoke. It will require your radioman to past 2 skill checks (similar to calling in spooky), 1 to call in the strike, and another for the direction the plane will travel in.

I know this has been brought up before, but I’ll like to mention it again. QRF. They will be 1-4 rangers from your unit you can assign to your QRF. Will reduce their morale & increase fatigue on every day assign to QRF duties. Calling them in, you’ll face possible merit hit & further increase fatigue. QRF will only stay/defend the LZ you call them to, this makes it very risky you’ll sustain casualties & should be the last resort. Will get automatically deployed with the search party if your team maintains radio silence for too long

New Assets. SAM sites. Or could be a new HVT. Will appear on high heat patrols. Every SAM in the AO will have a 10% (5 SAM sites max, with 50%) to shoot down air support, with the exceptions of extract, medivac, apache & bird dog due to their low altitude. A successful shot down will cause a crashed plane in the AO.

New kill card/insertion method? Paradrop. Similar to the insertion VIA helicopter, but the patrol will remain covert. Your rangers will get stuck trying to unfree themselves for a bit and will be vulnerable. But can extract on foot.

Lance

Good stuff man.

This “/insertion method? Paradrop” was never done nor can I see it working in the game.
    Covert? There will be a plane you jump out of and it will be flying a bit low
    There is deadly jungle/ bad terrain under you. Jump into that . .. .

Chi Long Qua
    Participant

Equipment

IR Strober Light

(8 Bulk) Semi Passive & Active Equipment
    Infrared Strober Light (IRSL) can be used for your Rangers to improve the accuracy of your support. Itcan call in Gunship at night,Airstrikes at night will be dead accurate, Spectre can be called on the IRSL, can be used to mark LZ and search party will attempt to land (if possible) on the IRSL. It will have 2 modes Semi Passive & active, and it will blink every 5-10 seconds.
    Semi Passive: The IRSL will remain inactive & when selected, it will turn on. It will have a battery life of 12 hours & during the semi passive mode, Cobra gunships will not target 200pxs around the ranger equiped with the IRSL (to prevent friendly fire), but can be used to mark/call Cobra to your position (Day time only). It can be used to mark LZ where the Ranger is standing & search party will attempt to find & land (if possible) where the IRSL is.
    Active: When selected again, your Ranger can toss the IRSL and it will become “active”. You can call in an Airstrike at night, on the IRSL without the accuracy penality, you can call in Cobra at night, but it will only engage 600pxs around the IRSL, target spectre on the IRSL, mark LZ & search party will attempt to land on the IRSL.

Chi Long Qua
    Participant

Hand Held Laser Designator (12 bulk, 10 use)
    Hand Held Laser Designator (HDLS) enables your Rangers to call in precision support, reguardless of night or day. It will have a maximum range of 1,500px (if not obstructed by too many trees, rocks or any LOS blockers). To use the HDLS, you will select it & you can target any location (within range & LOS) & ‘paint’ the location. You will then have to call in support on the painted area, your Ranger can not move or preform anyother action during this entire time, or the support will not come it. If he is shot at or ordered to move, it will cancle the support on the way & consume a use. The HDLS will enable your Ranger to call in Airstrikes with precision at night, mark Cobra, mark Conra during night (will engage & fire at the location, maybe 1-2 more passes if the enemy shoots at the Cobra) & mark spectre.

Weapons
    Possibly make each pistil unique? M1911: High Damage, low magazine, Medium range. Browning Hi-Power: Low damage, High magazine & low range. Colt Python: High damage, low magazine & reserves

Chi Long Qua
    Participant

I couldn’t edit older post, but the Hand-Held Laser Designator (I don’t know how or why I typed HDLS :/) would be affected by fog & rain.
    Rework on the cleaning kit. I don’t think many users would take up an equipment slot for the cleaning kit, but for it to be viable, it should reduce clearing jam times by 50% (from 25%) and decrease the chance of a jam rate by 0.5% (0.1% lowest value)
    12 Ft Mast should be able to be dismantled & reassembled.
    Green Beret to give 10% combat (Or Viet) on top of the Stealth
    EOD kit should increase defusal against pressure plates by 50% (or make it a passive ribbon to increase defusal by 10% from pressure plates)
    This may be a major game changing mechanic, but I will speak on many users that the stealth skill is very under whelming & personally, I find it very hard to be able to track VC from foot prints. So I have an idea to fix/changed them both.
    Finding & searching a VC foot print will be able to start a hunt/stalk. A black foot print (Similar to the black trail) will now spawn in a 600px radius from the foot print, finding & searching the black foot print will spawn another black foot print 600px radius around the black foot print. The black foot print WILL ALWAYS spawn in a 600px radius around the previos foot print, and it will show the type of enemy, numbers & how old. Due to sometimes foot prints being under trees/not visible, the debug should tell you if the enemy was heading Nort, North East, East, South East etc. To avoid confusion, you can only start a hunt/stalk on 1 enemy/group, searching another foot print will remove the other black foot prints.
    Now adding on the the idea, Stealth should be reworked/named to Tracker. It will still reduce noise, but in addition, it will increase the accuracy of foot prints (being able to detect enemy type, accurately give a number & time), reduce the radius of black foot prints spawning by 50px per level (at max level, it will be 350px) & reduce the time it takes to search normal foot prints & blakc foot prints (1 second per level). Foot prints should take base time 6 seconds to search (1 second when max) & the Ranger with the Tracker skill will reduce the chances of them leaving a foot print. I believe this system will make tracking an enemy actually possible & will make the gameplay more fun.
    Evil idea, smoke rounds should be what they used historically… white phosphorus…

Lance

dismantled & reassembled
    urb said he will implement placing and picking up of equipment so you are on the right track.

Your Tracking/stalking idea is great. It’s so good that I will place this as a link to the secret development place for urb and the testing crew to evaluate.
    Thanks for this awesome input. Keep up the good work. 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.