Poll: Which urb game has the most urb?

Activity Forums Side Projects Discussions Poll: Which urb game has the most urb?

This topic contains 13 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Franco Bartolozzi 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Jack
    Participant

Some of us come here for cool games, some of us for a fellowship in the forum, but some of us come here to get our feelings hurt. Of all the games urbzz has given us, which do you guys think has the most absolute unfair, totally random, insane brutality coded in?

For me OFV and STWALT are two of the hardest games i have ever played on any console. OFV as most unfair, STWALT as most random, and they tie for brutality. Following within sight but definitely not close is star destroyer and mnb2. Recon is intense but if you follow some basic rules you and your men will make it out alive… most of the time haha

GO!!!

Tyrud

I think OFV is hands down the most brutal and unfair of urb’s games, to the point where I’ve stayed well away from it after a few initial goes at it. You can do everything right in that game and still come off worse and not win. If that game is representative of a real occupation force’s experience, I’m not surprised most of them leave after a while!

Lance

Jack never played Gekisen before has he. 😉
    OFV is similarly tough as the levels increase but not so quickly. Unsure which one of them deserves the title most URB game of all time.
    Both can take hours of play before you either win or lose. Actually the longer both go the higher the chance that you WILL lose.
    Given that is is old and not on the Games Play list here but it is in the Downloads and/ or you can still play the lighter version over at Newsgrounds.

Tyrud

I forgot about Gekisen! Very difficult game indeed, with a sketchy AI at times, but I didn’t consider it for this list solely because even when the game felt real unfair, I still found myself enjoying it, unlike OFV at times XP

Good choice nevertheless, Lance!

Jack
    Participant

@tyrud if thats what vietnam was like damn, if you are into that kinda stuff that would be a hell of a party though!

@lance i believe i played gekisen once, but i will look it up on the DL server and refresh myself. if i remember correctly it was pretty basic. and pretty hard. also not on the list mud and blood vietnam, which might win the title most brutal on non-supercomputers haha

Jack
    Participant

played gekisen, do remember playing it BRIEFLY back in the day as im not that into card games like that kind of a magic feel with a few more things to worry about, no monsters, and a computer with a serious advantage… still might not take the cake for most brutal, OFV is pretty f*ckin hard. like i said in original post though, some of us enjoy the hurt… i still find myself playing often

Reid

Hmm.. in order of most URB to least:

1. OFV or Urbanslug
    2. Gekisen
    3. Last Winter
    4. Recon
    5. MnB2
    6. MnB3

Ranking them is hard though, I’m already feeling like switching a few of those around.

Arise
    Participant

Try some Urbanslug, then you will know it. The survival mod would teach you how fast should you change magazine before something bad happened. >o<

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by  Arise.

Jack
    Participant

ive played them all ofv is still harder than urbanslug in my opinion. and im glad to see mnb3 is at the bottom of @reids list!

Jack
    Participant

and stwalt is still more unfair, those damn boulders!!!

Lance

I totally feel your pain Jack. The “Bolder” event is the one with the highest chance to kill any 2 HP character in STWALT.
    Taking the 1 HP damage chance just to survive for sure is not really fair is it.
    I even had a longer discussion with urbzz on that event. He feels that it’s rarity justifies the URBness. Since I currently hold most high scores on STWALT I am not the right person to gripe over that anymore.
    Especially since it is still my favorite game here.

Urbanslug … O my, how could I have ever forgotten that one. 😉 *I suck at it perhaps…
    I take back my previous statements.
    Urbanslug IS the most brutal game out there for me!

Jack
    Participant

ive died from these “bolders” quite a few times its not rare in my opinion. ive had more bolders than dragons, pits, and rivers… i feel like i get swamps often too lol

Arise
    Participant

I would totally agree with that two, Lance know my favorite character is Wizard, and his HP is 2. So this event always got me before I climb up.

But my worst enemy is Bat, I don’t know why I always lose the roll when against with it, even I have 3+ HP, it still beat me. lol

Franco Bartolozzi
    Participant

OOOOO RRRAAAAA

Hey everyone. I cannot fully answer this question for i only play MnB2 however, it is pretty unfair.
    I have 31 ribbons and i still get my ass handed to me. I played recon once or twice, i do not like the game that much for the reason their are a TON of orders and controls, plus im a WWII buff as where i am a vietnam BIFF lol.

Anyway back to URB! the one thing that i can say is in MnB2 you CANNOT use the same strategy 2 times in a row. i mean you kinda can however it is extremely hard to pull it off. Ex. i started a game with one bunker and machine gunners got to wave 115. did it again, did not get passed wave 53 lol

Honestly the “UNFAIRNESS” aspect is what keeps me playing. i have been playing this game for long time, like 3 or 4 years. played all of the old versions and etc… and i STILL have not been able to achieve the VICTORIA CROSS. you go out, buy an xbox or playstation for 700$$ buy a game for 80$$ and beat in 3 days. then get bored with it in 10 days. MnB2 i have been playing for 3 years. the funfactor in these home systems is dissapearing. so Basically we play MnB2 for FREE so to xbox and playstaion “THATS UNFAIR” YEAH BABY URB, URBED, URBAN ENTERTAINMENT OOOOOOO RAAAAAAAA!!!!! LMAO LMAO LMAO

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar