Newbie Help (Last Winter)

Activity Forums Side Projects Discussions Last Winter Newbie Help (Last Winter)

This topic contains 29 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  LWillter 1 year ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author

Snarst
    Participant

To be honest I don’t really like social interactions in last winter. It’s super easy to make people want to murder you. Also if you can guess what the right thing to say is, you can make sure they always think your the best person ever as long as your actions don’t make their opinion go bellow neutral. Just keep saying the same thing over and over again and they’ll think your super awesome. Honestly I dread any update that adds companions without an overhaul because as it stands it will take one wrong click and suddenly your party is trying to murder you.

I have noticed that trade posts are a closely guarded secret that will make everyone dislike you, although I’ve never been unfortunate enough to have them go from super friendly to shooting me in the face.

First rule of trade post club: Don’t talk about the existence of trade posts.
    Second rule of trade post club: Kill anyone who talks about the existence of trade posts.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by  Snarst.

Arise
    Participant

Thanks all of you guys feed back, I believe the boss would love this one. >o<

For the bug, yes there are lots of bug in this game because it is still the early alpha version. We got some possible good news, the Last Winter project might be re-up after MNB3 Beta been release(Come from the tester group next target discussion), of course it may lock in the tester group I guess but this mean s the last winter will have a chance to been play now. ( It is still just a possibility, the final decision is still up to @urbzz. )

Talk about the Social activity, yes it is easy to trigger someone to shoot at you. I am not sure the real function but it can be improve for sure. Thanks @snarst >o<

So hang tight until the MNB3 out, when the final decision been make, We will publish the news.

Thanks guys to dig the bug and provide suggestion here. keep up the great work here and hope the Last Winter can bring us to the new Urb world. XD

Rooster
    Participant

Roger that Mr. Arise! I think it’s fun playing the derped out moments, as well as the serious moments. Keeps yah on you toes! *Knocks on hut door: nobody answers. Look in window: Can’t see anyone. Open door after realizing it’s not locked: 8 angry men walk out trying to rip off you head.* What were they doing in there? I’m not sure I want to know.

Snarst
    Participant

One last little tip for any noobs. The gates of quebec city is located at 1661, 2198 along the St. Lawrence river. If you want to trade without a permit you need to pray at the chapel which will then cause the faction thing to appear at the top of the screen and it will be constantly changing faction symbol. If you time your click to be right when the illegal fur trapper symbol comes up you can sell/trade at the city. Buying is no problem, they’ll have guns, bullets, powder horns, fishing nets, food and clothing.

Rooster
    Participant

Alright, good to know! Another thing though: what area has the most “humans” in them other than the cities. I like the social interactions; I can get cooked foods for some quartz which especially helps when my guy can;t cook for shit.

TANkyMEow
    Participant

I have been playing Last Winter for a couple of hours (pretty great game). But I died from a glitchy bug, because I pressed “TAB” multiple times, and now I have a permanent -75% movement penalty…so yeah. Anyways, I am considering doing another playthrough, but I still don’t know how to make a bow. Does anyone know how to make one, cause I got as far as acquiring a dry curved branch, but that’s about it… :/

P.S: Why is this game so glitchy, I am seeing question marks (in place of dropped items) appearing everywhere

TANkyMEow
    Participant

**Sign** My last playthrough was great, and I had a log house by the beach until that stoopid glitch killed my EXCELLENT playthrough

LWillter
    Participant

The bow is currently bugged. You can make it but can’t use it. I tried that before 🙁

This game is glitchy … especially the question marks. I try not to drop anything or leave anything on the ground. I don’t think it affects the game negatively but it looks annoying.

Make as few cutting stones as possible, once you find a trade post you can trade at without a permit, then you can sell the other cutting stones for 0 cash … but at least they disappear.

As for the game being glitchy … unsure … I like to think it was so complex that things got tangled and didn’t work out in the long run. Think all these games are pretty much a one man job. I think some of the stuff got confused. For the most bug free game:

Don’t drop things
    Don’t skin deer
    Don’t save in screens with fire.

What’s this Tab error you’ve made? Never had that before.

TANkyMEow
    Participant

This Tab error, I had, I have no idea how I made it. I was just randomly pressing Tab button while in my actions & inventory menu to see what the Tab is useful for in the game…and the next thing I know, the game got really annoyed, and got a crowbar, and wacked my character’s knee caps O_o

Anyways, this bow thing, how do you make it? I would rly like to know when the game gets updated to make the bow work. Like do you need tying string for your curved branch to make a bow, or what?

Lance

Bows simply do not work regardless of how far you get to completing one.
    urbzz even said so.
    We will all have to wait patiently till the NEW Last Winter comes out and then see if Bows are still on the construction list.

LWillter
    Participant

@tankymeow

Apologies, just played LW and there is not an option to craft a bow … like you said … only to get a branch and then wait for it to be dry. You can buy bows in the game, but as Lance mentioned they don’t work.

Tab Wow! I didn’t get a crash but I got an awesome response from the Tab key. AT first it goes through the options on the right … and then I get messages like “undefined” “it seems somebody died here” and so forth. I think somewhere in the game it is tabbing through items even if they aren’t on the screen! Pretty cool!

Will see if I can get the game to get angry at me.

TANkyMEow
    Participant

Lol…my recent playthrough of Last Winter is a BIT MORE SUCCESSFUL than anticipated. By that, I mean…I someone got 103% reputation with zee French by doing accidently activating a glitchy bug. Either that, or it’s maybe, because they like how I strut my stuff. I don’t know how exactly it happened, but the next thing I knew is myself checking my status, and seeing that I became an instant billionaire (it actually shows me having N/A amount of French currency…and the game interprets that as being infinite money O__O). So naturally, like any billionaire would do…I abused the shet out of this glitch, and bought all the hookers, hoes, alcohol, and as much free meals I could…and the game was even nice enough to provide me a free bed too (Although I wake up from nightmares sometimes, because I count too many question marks on the ground in meh dreams). But the funniest thing about this bug is that I was able to mug, and dome 10 traders without ever dying, because of the top notch medical coverage I had

LWillter
    Participant

Congrats on living the high life. I forget how exactly the bug starts but I think I know …

Did you get any antlers from a moose or elk? Other than that I am blank. This will be a good time to get familiar with LW, maybe explore and see if you can find the big cities. It’s amazing, even with these bugs Nan money/weight … if you get too far from the Tradepost you’ll have trouble surviving without going back to fishing every so often.

Lance

This is to valuable as not to conserve here. Thanks LWillter for making this.

LWillter
    Participant

I wish I could edit during this video and scream 2198! Not 1998! No no no! Messed up majorly on the longitude.

Trying to make some “New player videos” Done some tracking, making pemmican, think also made a fishing pole … how to videos. The babiche took me the most time! Think about half the leather got destroyed in the process.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar