Skip to toolbar

NEW Recon LUA rework version

Activity Forums Recon Recon Movies and Screenshots NEW Recon LUA rework version

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Lance

urb
    A lil clarification while i am tinkering the gun fighting algorithm, recoil plays a more complex role in Recon lua than flash. For instance, recoil would simply penalize the shooter in flash at each shots. In lua recoil does that if you fire the weapon in auto since the recoil progressively affect the quality of the firer’s posture over the length of the burst. If you are firing semi, the recoil actually account for the time it will take the shooter to regain proper sight acquisition and squeeze another shot. In bolt the recoil value slightly add to the the time the shooter take to cycle another round in the chamber.

Lance

urb
    different models there is 5

Stepping in a bunch of leaves or going thru a bush or walking across a pile of rocks will generate some noise
    these are not noises that travel very far but a particularly sharp VC will go and investigate
    or at least turn toward the sound being generated

experiemnting with different backgrounds

found the trail

Lance

would a “100% more accurate” arty strike land dead on every time?
    or would it have half the spread?

it has % amount of chances of being “more” accurate
    you could locate a bridge that crosses a river with the tiled trails and then mark it for sky spot
    https://www.cc.gatech.edu/~tpilsch/AirOps/vr-sampan.html
    like in this story where they marked a bunch of boats for skyspot

arty will never be a sure shot from the get go even if the map and ground has been recon’d from cover to cover
    that algo represents that
    algo it gives you more probabilities that the initial round goes closer to where you want to
    and that fire for effect gets tighter

LittleBunny
    Participant

Only reason I come to this website is to see the old mnbs get some love, those new graphics look hella good! wish urbz had a dev team to help him out

Lance

elephant grass
    block line of sight as as soon as you step in

Lance

————–
    right click ona dead vc is the ranger is too far he will walk to it then search

Lance

big lake

Lance

New Flare Trap

Lance

Rice Paddy

Lance
    Lance

Lake with added surface movements

Lance

urb’s tweed showing some of the current game features.

and here just the streamable vid for those that do not go to twitter like myself.

Stealingold
    Participant

I must say, the UI changes look pretty good. I look forward to seeing how you can command the rangers to use items and deploy mines and such.

That part really takes away a lot of time in the current recon.

The immersivity has just gone up 100%. And even before it was the best part of the game.

Keep Cracking on!

Chi Long Qua
    Participant

Love the new recon rework, but I would like hotkeys for soldier’s equipment, hate having to click on use equipment and then the gear I want to use when in a patrol. Also hope URB changed how you select the weapons & gear before a patrol, hate cycling through the gear and accidentally going pass the gear I wanted and having no way to go back

Lance
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.