Fri, Feb 17th '17 at 19h 35m 26s #1049
In my last 3 tries at this I had around 85% coverage each and also did not find the box all 3 times in a row.
Tried 2 times my super stealth version, killing only with take-down. Slitting 28 throats still count as stealth play, right.
Last try I attempted to simply kill all but after over 70 minutes of mayhem they still send more troops. Lots more troops and they always found my hideout. Eventually I called secondary evac and got out before my best men would have gone under in this see of blood. The Box may have gotten blown up along the way but it was a fun run.
The dam thing should have a radio beacon similar to the relay Mission signal strength % in the radio.Fri, Feb 17th '17 at 19h 54m 35s #1050
Phew now I don’t feel as bad lol. Maybe I should just do a Recce mission instead. I mean, how importact can that box be… Right?Fri, Feb 17th '17 at 22h 11m 57s #1054
Alright, My most recent attempt really confused me. Right when the camera panned to my guys in the insert point, I hear a sound that sounds like a jet releasing chaff, but then I hear explosions and realise it’s arty or something. May I ask what the hell the were shooting at?Fri, Feb 17th '17 at 22h 23m 45s #1056
I’m not sure. In the middle of games I occasionally hear jet engine sounds, and then I hear an explosion. But it’s never anywhere near my men, and nobody in their right mind would try to bomb a tiny, agile team such as the Rangers. Perhaps it’s friendly planes missing their target?Fri, Feb 17th '17 at 22h 40m 48s #1059
Maybe… All I know is that it got closer than I wanted it to.Sat, Feb 18th '17 at 0h 04m 56s #1063
Well there is this Memo that states that for a certain amount of time (random Nr of days) your AO does not have a … (forgot the military name, Something with Operational Area) Basically your side has no plan that you are operating in the Area so they keep making bomb runs and fire arty randomly into your AO.
If you like to constantly be on Overt and have the slight chance of FF then go on mission during those days.
I did that a few times for kicks but now I stay away form the AO until the time runs out.Sat, Feb 18th '17 at 1h 24m 04s #1065
I havn’t seen that memo yet, But I’m sure that’s it.Sat, Feb 18th '17 at 1h 40m 24s #1066
I’ve used up 4 whole squads on this goddamn dead drop and my rangers keep dying. From what you ask? Freaking bamboo sticks with cow shit on the ends! I don’t think it was a good idea to put a stubborn Norwegian in command of Rangers. I watched Arise’s dead drop vid and it took 9 minutes… It’s taken me 5 hours so far, no matter how stealthy or aggressive. But, hey URB is the name of the game.
Sat, Feb 18th '17 at 1h 49m 50s #1068
- This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Nebula.
Excuse me, 19 minutes.Sat, Feb 18th '17 at 2h 42m 28s #1069
*Well, I guess you guy meet with engine sound right at the start is HVT. She lay in the main LZ just waiting you get off the Huey and shoot you down. Another one will BTR, as their engine sound is very similar. If you hear something is shooting. Means three things:
1. You have just been spotted, and the Spotted VC has radio, he will call the supporting weapon to your position. Mortar, Cannon….etc
2. There is at least one Villager or friendly unit(Pilot, Kit Carson) in your mission AO, the VC will continuous shooting at them, and the villager don’t die. So somehow you will think you stealth well but the shell coming again and again, that is not your fault.
3. Memo is a possible cause like Lance say, but it is rare.
*For the Dead Drop, That me bring something to you guys.
1. The most important thing is not get into this mission if you have very high heat score. Be advise, the dead drop have very high level VC condition then all other mission. Dog team and NVA is very common, sniper, BTR, Truck, RPG also will around. Trap is another issue, even you have four men with the most highest level of spot skill, the trap still can get you when you across the tree or something. This one is to make sure you will be able to survive in the mission.
2. Like what we have discuss in the Dead Drop Guide, box must be trench line or above the trench line. It is around there, so just carefully pass the defense and have completely search.
3. How to found the box? Ok, I will show my way about how to do in next record Recon video, the 19min is just a accident. Mostly it require the time at least two Recon day.Sat, Feb 18th '17 at 2h 57m 07s #1072
Alright, thanks once again , Mr. Arise. As of the time I posted this, I’ve gone through seven squads… This Norwegian S.O.B. Ain’t giving up!Sat, Feb 18th '17 at 2h 59m 24s #1073
Would you mind to record a single video and post it to let me see how you goes? Maybe I can find the problem and give you suggestion.
That is sad with your good ranger lose, keep up great work and have fun with URB day. >o<Sat, Feb 18th '17 at 3h 19m 07s #1075
Oh, I know exactly what I’m doing wrong. And I’ve known that this would play a major role in this mission from the start: 48% heat. Though I did get very close, where birddog actually called out the box, but it was surrounded by upwards of 20 VC. I would record it of I could, but my computer wont let me download anything. I have other 2 other computers: One for work and the other for programming. But at this point, Idgaf how the mission goes down; I want that box.Sat, Feb 18th '17 at 21h 54m 08s #1123
“But at this point, Idgaf how the mission goes down; I want that box. ”
YES! That’s the spirit. You sir are already a true Urbanian. 🙂
Keep up the great work and URB On!!!Mon, Feb 20th '17 at 0h 21m 33s #1175
Haha! I guess so. I’ve gotten so close to actually getting that box, but still no cigar. I found it, called in an extract, and a BTR 60 rolls up and takes a hot steaming dookey on my guys.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.