My First NVA capture. I got two at once.

Activity Forums Recon My First NVA capture. I got two at once.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Jordan 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Jordan
    Participant

Recce patrol to recon 22% of the AO at 51% Heat. We had a clean insert took minimal fire. Came upon a few NVA in the night and attempted capture. They stole my first man’s weapon. All men had Stoner 63 Grenades a rocket a flak jacket and smoke except RTO. They captured one of my men’s weapons but did not react. Sent in man number two and got the first capture. Second one came on the way back. Sitrep 21% complete figure i would move to extract with my two prisoners and down a man without a primary leaving me only one good shooter on a 52% now extract with so i was already gambling at the chance of just getting out alive. All this was betwen about 0100 and 0500 ingame time. Got to extract dodging mines and traps and hearing no nearby NVA i decided to call the bird. Everything went fine bird took minal fire on the way out never thought to make another sitrep all excited right. Finish the mission capture two prisoners for the first time ever and was all happy to see mission failed AO recon 21%…super fail. lol better luck next time. That would have been 8 successful in a row.

Jordan
    Participant

file:///C:/Users/Owner/Pictures/Mud%20And%20Blood%20Capture.PNG

Jordan
    Participant

Trying to figure out how to post the picture of the extraction anyone know how?

Lance

This site can not display pictures from your computer or device directly.
    You need to upload pictures or videos on hosting sites first. For pictures a lot of members use imgur and for videos a you-tube account is needed.
    Hit the HELP button in the top bar for detailed instructions. >>>> http://mudandblood.net/new/forums/topic/mnb-community-site-help/

Nice war story Jordan. Congrats on snagging 2 captives at once.
    To bad the last Sit-Rep was forgotten but that makes this game so interesting.
    People got to use their brains a bit more then in these new age war games that not only take the player by the hand each tibble tubble step at a time but also give the illusion of every player soldier being a sort of terminator robot.
    Keep up the great work and URB ON!

TANkyMEow
    Participant

Wait…WHHHHAAA??? NVA can steal weapons from your guys now? That’s fffing awesome!!! In what patch did this come out?

Snipper
    Participant

If you snatch an NVA/VC (last update, 1.4), they have a chance to break free when you try to choke/interrogate him. Of the many things they can do if your Viet+Combat (if I’m not mistaken) roll fails, there are:

scream for help
    run away
    grab your gun and run away with it

If they grab yer gun and run away with it, say hello to your sidearm for the rest of the mission, as unfortunately Rangers can’t pick up weapons.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by  Snipper.

Jordan
    Participant

Yes all three are true. (I) button to try and interrogate – viet skill so the man who snatches him must be able to talk to him the higher the better chance. (O) To choke. combat skill makes this better they have a chance to get away and take your weapon but if it works you can carry them out and extract for a huge XP bonus. Makes the game fun as hell. (P) to shoot with pistol and go overt. – Gives away position but lets the enemy know you are not to be F***** with. 🙂 Thank’s for the replies guy’s. I’ll try to get that screen uploaded.

Jordan
    Participant

Also you don’t have to knock them out you can just snatch the VC. and walk out with him. You will move slowly but it works.

Jordan
    Participant
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by  Jordan.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar