Must-Have Recon Updates

Activity Forums Recon Suggestions Must-Have Recon Updates

This topic contains 40 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Lt.Dan 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author

Andrei
    Participant

@Lt. Dan

Yeah, I wish there were some joint ops with either ARVN, Marines or Army. Would make it more refreshing from the usual ‘Woodsies’ routine. Damn woodsies!

Snipper
    Participant

@andrei

Yes I do realize that the XM16E1 (aka M16) had its problems. They marketed it as “self-cleaning”, issued the wrong powder, no field manual, incorrect barrel… etc etc. That’s why the “M16” ingame jams so much. The M16A1 rectified many of these problems, and by the end of the war troops no longer complained too much about it. Remember I said *M16A1*, the current ingame model is *M16* with a 20 rd mag as far as I know. To be fair we could just use “M16” with “cleaning kit”.

Yeah name changes are not necessary, but stat changes would be nice.

Super soldiers? 5 combat + 5 rank + base 30 = … 80 rifle skill. That’s already pretty nice. Mainly, I want 6+ spot skill tehe. Personally I have no problems dispatching VC’s, I’m a low heat coward. NVA are supposed to be tough. I really don’t think we need to have more than 5 skill points though.

Shane
    Participant

I think more events that could have positive outcome in the game would be nice. Because most if not all events result in you taking some kind of penalty. Would be nice to feel lucky once in a while.

Rhi4999
    Participant

Maybe if they implemented a new gear like “Tiger stripe camouflage” which would lower your detection range by like 15%? Not sure but having items like that would really help with the whole “Recon” aspect.

Tyrud

I think camouflage would be a very good addition, though perhaps instead of equipment that would take a slot, it could be implemented in the form of a kill card that, like you said, would reduce your the distance at which enemies could detect you by a certain percentage during your next mission. Nice idea!

Shane
    Participant

Yo camo kill card would be nice that would feel so cool.

Lt.Dan
    Participant

@snipper
    @andrei

The L1A1 was not the Australian designation. It was a different gun based on the FAL, made by the British. And that was semi auto and the FAL was not.

And Snipper please keep in mind that this is a “must-have” thread. If you want to post more guns that are cool for collecting then please check this first, as I believe I have already covered everything necessary (definitely have everything in your post).

Snipper
    Participant

The Aussies designated their rifle the L1A1 SLR just like the Brits, it was essentially the same weapon.

As for weapons suggestions, I just wanted to second some weapons that you said 😉

Lt.Dan
    Participant

Yes, but it’s a British weapon (yes, it’s different from the FAL), so it’d be like saying the M16 is the Thai designation of the AR-15. No, the AR-15 and M16 are different and the M16 is the American designation.

The FAL was full auto by the way. The L1A1 was essentially a semi auto version. You’re slightly confused about the differences.

The M16A1 would be a nice addition but not a necessary one. We already have the Stoner 63 to fill it’s role, and the HK33 as well if you want the extra range.

Although I must say, the M16 suppressed should have thirty rounds instead of 15, the sprite has an obviously longer magazine than the normal M16.

Snipper
    Participant

I mean, when you rank up to Colonel it says its an “Aussie gun” and that they “bended the rules a little” to get it for us. Therefore I think it’s reasonable to say it’s an Australian L1A1 that would therefore make it semi… yes the FAL is full auto though.

M16A1 would be nice, and also historically accurate, being the most common weapon in Vietnam after all.
    Suppressed M16 should just get a different sprite in my opinion.

Lt.Dan
    Participant

In that case, then yes. Did not remember the details of the promotion, I assumed they came straight from Belgium.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar