Skip to toolbar

Mud & Blood 2 spinn off ideas

Activity Forums General Forum Mud & Blood 2 spinn off ideas

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Nazr
    Participant

Hello! I’m Naz’r Titington and I am a very huge fan of your game MnB without a doubt I have been playing it for years and even while in college and serving as a soldier in the US Army I still play it in my off time. I am very hyped for MnB3 and I cannot wait to play it like many others! But I was thinking about the series and future project ideas. To me the best MnB was MnB2 due to the excitement and randomness of enemies coming your way wave after wave. My idea I wanted to shoot was maybe for a future MnB you could bring that wave system and style back but simply revamp everything from the terrain, features, equipment, graphics, and soldiers and match it to a specific era?
    So for example lets say MnB3 was the same setup as MnB2 and the era was Vietnam, you could change the main menu pictures to Vietnam war photos, and when you start the game same start just like MnB2 but it would be Vietnam Soldiers and their equipment would be maybe an m16 and an M9 or something of the sort. The unit tree would be updated with maybe new symbols and such and have all sorts of new “toys” to play with and having guns match them, hell some of our favorites like Sarge can still be there just simply with new equipment and gear maybe more animations like him drinking from his flask or something.
    I just think it would be a great idea to do that because the system you guys had for MnB2 was perfect in my book! Please for an upcoming project bring it back but in another era with more stuff, and you can still do updates such as having that ability system from MnB3 enabled or something.
    I just would love to have the MnB2 setup but be in different eras, hell especially if you have one for modern warfare! Would be American Soldiers defending from waves of Taliban and such or something.

Lance

A MNB2 type of game play using the Vietnam War as stage would work.
    Could be some small outpost during the Ted-Offensive.
    However we already have MNB:Vietnam, Recon and Occupation Force Vietnam. Three games on the same war seam enough to me.

A modern MNB2 spin off seams not so good. Imagine US troops with their modern weaponry and gear vs a hoard of mid-eastern armed somethings.
    Technically most of those armed people can not even be considered soldiers and they surely do not blindly charge you in endless waves.
    You would need to bend historical facts rather hard to make anything past the Vietnam-War reasonable to use in an mnb2 system.

However I see potential in a Future MNB Game where your Space Marines fend of endless waves of Alien/ Bio-Organic-Mutation/ Android/ Cyborg/ Robot/ kind of enemies.

Lt.Dan
    Participant

That sounds awesome. Best thing about that is the pure creativity that can go into it. The possibilities are endless, unlike the current games where you have to stick to history (which nonetheless does have it’s own appeal).

Mexican Batman
    Participant

Lance has some very good and valid points on what he is saying , there are a lot of Vietnam war themed games here but a mud and blood 2 style Vietnam era game would still be awesome. A modern era mud and blood 2 game could be centered around the invasion of Iraq. Lowest level troops could be terrorists / armed militia, then we could have Iraqi police as the next level. Then Basic Iraqi conscripts. Then hardened troops , then Iraqi Spec Ops , then we can have Iraqi presidential guard units. then some tanks and other stuff and give them mostly Russian equipment and it would work. ( I think ). Also a futuristic Mud and Blood type of game seems great to me.

DevilPup29
    Participant

I like the modern idea of a MnB game, that would be fun to play. I think the game layout should be like MnB2, meaning that you can upgrade unit weapons, and do other things. Maybe the game could include Helicopters?

DevilPup29
    Participant

Well, you could just have where the Terrorist units flank you like the Brandenburg units and the Iraqi Army units attack you head on, but use more tactics to do it?

Lt.Dan
    Participant

Iraq sounds cool but I’d rather have it be like Recon except it’s modern and in Afghanistan.

Something older like the Civil War or the American Revolution would be cool. I think URB already had some code for a Civil War game?

Mexican Batman
    Participant

A modern Recon would be pretty cool , and he did have a civil war game that he was supposed to release as the original mud and blood 3 . I really wish he would have released that one .

DevilPup29
    Participant

Oh..My..God, Modern Recon would be “Lit” (as the youth say). You could play as like a team of Marine Force Recon sneaking around the desert hunting Terrorists or something!

Lt.Dan
    Participant

@airforcebrat
    Exactly my idea! Have you seen Lone Survivor? It’d be like Lone Survivor, the game (although hopefully there will be 4 survivors).

DevilPup29
    Participant

Yes, I have seen Lone Survivor (its pretty good), and I was thinking it would be more like the Recon we all know and love.

DevilPup29
    Participant

Wait, what if we had a Recon or MnB2 style game that is based on Star Wars? I know it we already have STWALT, but to be honest, its kinda boring. So what I was think is that you play as either Rebel Troops or Imperial. Your troops would start off with small blaster rifles, I think that it would be kinda cool to have that.

Arise
    Participant

@airforcebrat

No! dude. STWALT is a different game, it is rogue-like game, not the real RTS. How to figure out a non completed game is a problem here, STWALT is just a first try about RTS rogue-like(As you move on the land with no turn ), It sure can be better.

So don’t take it as boring and you should try to enjoy it. XD

The new start war ground fight idea sounds very interesting, but I guess we have to create a own ground fight system, and it will be another big game story. lol

Lance

Actually a MNB2 engine driven Star Wars land battle spin off sounds great.
    It does not need to be the battle of Hoot since that one is to well known.
    Mowing down endless waves of clone troopers and their vehicles would be awesome.
    If you think stopping a German Motorbike-Sidecar was tough then try to stop a Speeder-Bike-Trooper from crossing your line or break a sweat when an AT-AT walks in the field.
    Well maybe with a Jedi it would be possible.

Mud And Bullet
    Participant

why dont pick up Colonial Marines and put in recon were you have to do some missions like destroy eggs,clear an area from aliens,clear an hive,rescue survivors from a colony and more it would be a nice idea or make like an last standing in mnb2 but with aliens and colonial marines holding up an position were u can call in an APC,give to an marine an smartgun,flametrower,pulse rifle and more call an officer,sargent,motion tracker soldier…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.