- Tue, Mar 16th '21 at 21h 17m 33s #9726
So that this place also shows the latest in game play development here my last test game.
Mon, Mar 22nd '21 at 11h 35m 08s #9729
Mud and Blood 0.0.7 shipped to testers!
The biggest MNB update packed with player functionalities
Good day folks, Another insane week with a substantial patch again. Mainly this week I have added the functionality for the player. Rebuffed the Firefight Algorithm to make it crisper and realistic. We have a ton of surprise and support that both factions can call in giving the battlefield the level of depth you are to expect in the Mud and blood game.
– Fixed a crash when a soldier was assigned the spec of a gunner in the middle of a firefight.
– Added the Vicker K in the arsenal as a tier 3 weapon for the gunner
– Added Springfield as starting weapon for all soldiers. Yep, they lied to us boys, we didn’t get the Garand once we left England!
– Added the scoped Springfield for the allied sniper
– Fixed an issue when clicking another soldier’s icon while specializing another.
– Reduced medic radius to 100px + xp
– Weapon bulk affects movement speed and aiming speed.
– Gunner is no longer having a -20% to move speed but is now affected by weapon bulk. This gives more control over squads’ mobility to the player through weapon selection.
– Added a cue from the soldiers when a plane is attacking
– Remixed the shotgun sound with files provided by Masked Terror
– Slowing down the bleeding rate
– Coded the Light infantry skills
– Coded the heavy infantry skills
– Coded a buff engine that will centralize all modifications and alterations to your soldiers and the enemy.
– Added an orange tracer to soldier firing AP rounds (heavy tier 2 skill)
– Added a little ring sound to any rifle firing an AP
– Added a line of sight check for the gunner to each shot when switching targets
– Increased the Axis combat skill by 2 (to 20) and their health by 10 (to 100)
– Optimized the infantry update function to have realistic gun operations notably with follow-through after shot, proper cycling for bolts and making sure an auto weapon doesn’t line up 2 burst back to back
– Changed the radio sound for Germans to an actual ww2 radio chatter
– Medic is getting a -10% to combat skill
– Snipers will take a long time between shots.
– Snipers on both factions are not affected by the enemy cover.
– Fixed an instance where the soldier wouldn’t call spotted enemies
– Coded basic fire behaviour
– Replaced the red smoke grenade sprite
– Added a black smoke sprite for fires
– Coded the Arty, Strafe and Bomb run for the Siggy
– Added little epitaph when a soldier dies
– Rifle grenade distance is maxed at 1000
– Reduced the time between the shots and the splash for artillery on both factions
– Artillery will now fire 5 rounds minimum for both factions
– Woodpile is not blocking the line of sight anymore
– Added additional voice lines for Germans and allies, new and final German voice lines has been dropped by Lance and will be added in 0.0.8
– Coded gun and rank progression for all soldiers
So this week I will work at finishing the rest of the 12 classes’ skill upgrades, and give that AI maybe a little polish. This is looking good for the backend portion of the game where we will start to tackle career progression and campaign mechanics.
Hope you guys are all staying safe and thank you for keeping up to date with the new Mud and Blood,
urbSun, Mar 28th '21 at 15h 35m 16s #9733
– Snipers now starts with a M1917 Enfield
– Slightly buffed the medics
– Added specialty icon on the lower right of the soldiers’ portraits.
– Fences can now spawn across the map
– Medics, officers, RTO (comms) keeps their Springfield upon specialization
– Added the last German voice lines, which are situational.
– Added a couple more of American voice lines.
– Helmet pop on a head shot.
– Sniper skills coded.
– Medics need to roll a skill check for all healing attempts now unless the patient is under 10 hp (disabled).
– Installed defensive measures. Increased the halt time on contact.
– AI Assault momentum will now fade with time.
– Fixed an issue with the gunner’s detection range
– Fixed an issue with the scout detection range
– Enemies outside of the field of vision of your soldiers will vanish
– First crude pass on the AI, mostly defensive doctrine.
– Scouts can detect and fire on the move, (they still halt their move to fire but will resume)
– Disabled the show enemy in the dev tools.Fri, Apr 2nd '21 at 14h 55m 37s #9745Tue, Apr 6th '21 at 7h 58m 43s #9746
Intelligence class tier 2 skill is briefing. If you find a map, gather your troops around and share the knowledge!
[video src="https://i.imgur.com/qvMfMfi.mp4" /]Wed, Apr 7th '21 at 17h 50m 04s #9749
Newest TESTERS game patch 0.9a is here.
Fri, Apr 9th '21 at 6h 13m 15s #9750
urb (cattery on development)
I’d like ppl to make their own maps and share them tho
and the good ones would be featured
there is space for 100 ribbons on the career panel
this should keep us busy for a lil while
there is 13 ranks in Mud and Blood Steam
I don’t expect anyone to reach the last 2 or 3
if you play average and you play a game everyday it will take you 10 years to reach rank 13
a game takes around 20 min give or take
20×377 for the complete campaing
this should take you to lieutenant General
the last 3 ranks are purely there for fun
I mean 10 average games a day will take you a year.
So technically it is reachable.
First few ranks will unlock classes
ranks also give you one try for challenges
so if you are a lieutenant General
you have 10 tries to complete a community challenge
if you are a cadet you only get one
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.