Mud-And-Blood (LUA) Change Log

Activity Forums Side Projects Discussions Mud-And-Blood (LUA) Change Log

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    Lance

So that this place also shows the latest in game play development here my last test game.

Lance

Mud and Blood 0.0.7 shipped to testers!
    The biggest MNB update packed with player functionalities
    Good day folks, Another insane week with a substantial patch again. Mainly this week I have added the functionality for the player. Rebuffed the Firefight Algorithm to make it crisper and realistic. We have a ton of surprise and support that both factions can call in giving the battlefield the level of depth you are to expect in the Mud and blood game.

– Fixed a crash when a soldier was assigned the spec of a gunner in the middle of a firefight.
    – Added the Vicker K in the arsenal as a tier 3 weapon for the gunner
    – Added Springfield as starting weapon for all soldiers. Yep, they lied to us boys, we didn’t get the Garand once we left England!
    – Added the scoped Springfield for the allied sniper
    – Fixed an issue when clicking another soldier’s icon while specializing another.
    – Reduced medic radius to 100px + xp
    – Weapon bulk affects movement speed and aiming speed.
    – Gunner is no longer having a -20% to move speed but is now affected by weapon bulk. This gives more control over squads’ mobility to the player through weapon selection.
    – Added a cue from the soldiers when a plane is attacking
    – Remixed the shotgun sound with files provided by Masked Terror
    – Slowing down the bleeding rate
    – Coded the Light infantry skills
    – Coded the heavy infantry skills
    – Coded a buff engine that will centralize all modifications and alterations to your soldiers and the enemy.
    – Added an orange tracer to soldier firing AP rounds (heavy tier 2 skill)
    – Added a little ring sound to any rifle firing an AP
    – Added a line of sight check for the gunner to each shot when switching targets
    – Increased the Axis combat skill by 2 (to 20) and their health by 10 (to 100)
    – Optimized the infantry update function to have realistic gun operations notably with follow-through after shot, proper cycling for bolts and making sure an auto weapon doesn’t line up 2 burst back to back
    – Changed the radio sound for Germans to an actual ww2 radio chatter
    – Medic is getting a -10% to combat skill
    – Snipers will take a long time between shots.
    – Snipers on both factions are not affected by the enemy cover.
    – Fixed an instance where the soldier wouldn’t call spotted enemies
    – Coded basic fire behaviour
    – Replaced the red smoke grenade sprite
    – Added a black smoke sprite for fires
    – Coded the Arty, Strafe and Bomb run for the Siggy
    – Added little epitaph when a soldier dies
    – Rifle grenade distance is maxed at 1000
    – Reduced the time between the shots and the splash for artillery on both factions
    – Artillery will now fire 5 rounds minimum for both factions
    – Woodpile is not blocking the line of sight anymore
    – Added additional voice lines for Germans and allies, new and final German voice lines has been dropped by Lance and will be added in 0.0.8
    – Coded gun and rank progression for all soldiers

So this week I will work at finishing the rest of the 12 classes’ skill upgrades, and give that AI maybe a little polish. This is looking good for the backend portion of the game where we will start to tackle career progression and campaign mechanics.

Hope you guys are all staying safe and thank you for keeping up to date with the new Mud and Blood,

respectfully,

urb

Lance

urb

– Snipers now starts with a M1917 Enfield
    – Slightly buffed the medics
    – Added specialty icon on the lower right of the soldiers’ portraits.
    – Fences can now spawn across the map
    – Medics, officers, RTO (comms) keeps their Springfield upon specialization
    – Added the last German voice lines, which are situational.
    – Added a couple more of American voice lines.
    – Helmet pop on a head shot.
    – Sniper skills coded.
    – Medics need to roll a skill check for all healing attempts now unless the patient is under 10 hp (disabled).
    – Installed defensive measures. Increased the halt time on contact.
    – AI Assault momentum will now fade with time.
    – Fixed an issue with the gunner’s detection range
    – Fixed an issue with the scout detection range
    – Enemies outside of the field of vision of your soldiers will vanish
    – First crude pass on the AI, mostly defensive doctrine.
    – Scouts can detect and fire on the move, (they still halt their move to fire but will resume)
    – Disabled the show enemy in the dev tools.

Lance

Lance

urb

Intelligence class tier 2 skill is briefing. If you find a map, gather your troops around and share the knowledge!
    [video src="https://i.imgur.com/qvMfMfi.mp4" /]

Lance

Newest TESTERS game patch 0.9a is here.

Lance

urb (cattery on development)

I’d like ppl to make their own maps and share them tho
    and the good ones would be featured

there is space for 100 ribbons on the career panel
    this should keep us busy for a lil while

there is 13 ranks in Mud and Blood Steam
    I don’t expect anyone to reach the last 2 or 3
    if you play average and you play a game everyday it will take you 10 years to reach rank 13

a game takes around 20 min give or take
    20×377 for the complete campaing
    this should take you to lieutenant General
    Rank 10
    the last 3 ranks are purely there for fun

I mean 10 average games a day will take you a year.
    So technically it is reachable.

First few ranks will unlock classes
    ranks also give you one try for challenges
    so if you are a lieutenant General
    you have 10 tries to complete a community challenge
    if you are a cadet you only get one
    captain 3
    ect..

The Masked Terror
    Participant

making our own maps? awesome!! 1 giant firing lane straight down the middle of the map so my sniper can literally kill at the other end of the map. Muahahahaha

Lance

We have a Main Game Page!
    First play on the new 010a version.

Lance

2nd play at day+1 with 2 of the surviving soldiers. Veterancy is a great boost to victory now.

Lance

Good day folks, urb here.

For the past week and a half, I was working on implementing the UI in Mud and Blood Steam.
    This was a fairly substantial step since many intricacies had to be manually woven into the engine in order for the player to retain his squad, ribbons, experience and progress.

The career mechanics will work as such:

When doing a mission you have 2 tries per day. In the morning and in the afternoon.
    If you succeed on your first try, -in the morning- you get a small chance to push the advance ahead of schedule.
    Being ahead of schedule is nice because it gives you a buffer for later and harder missions.
    The more ahead of schedule you are already the harder it is to push ahead, however.
    Also, finishing a campaign on schedule or ahead of schedule gives you a nice ribbon.
    Finishing a campaign behind schedule gives you nothing :/ and will potentially affect the rest of your war effort (ie: Failing to secure Brest in time will hurt your supply line).

If you don’t succeed on your first try, either because you retreat your men behind the starting line or if your squad is eliminated, then you can try again on the afternoon of that day.
    Dead soldiers will be replaced and you can retry the same map again.
    If you succeed on your second try the advance progresses normally.

If you fail your second try, your day is lost and you now fall behind by one day.
    It is not a big deal if you were already ahead of schedule but if you were behind or just on schedule this is where you start to fall behind.
    Regardless, the next day is a new day and you and your squad will be on the starting line of that patrol ready to tackle that map again.

0.1.0 changelog:

– Coded the basic ui and basic game loop!!!!! (kind of a big deal)
    – Fixed the AI flamer burning dead men to atoms for no reasons
    – Added life bars to soldier icons
    – Flamethrowers that fires out of concealment become visible now
    – Coded award system for your troops
    – Added stats system for your troops

Well, the Ai is started and working now it is time to buff it out, make it more expletive since it is very basic still.
    Notably the player side of things where ribbons and promotions will be affected and properly displayed.
    I also want to work on a series of options for the player to customize his/her gameplay.
    Until then, I hope everyone is staying safe and happy.

respectfully,

urb

Lance

Lance

Mud and Blood 0.1.1 is live for testers
    First update since the implementation of the main game loop.
    Good day folks, urb here.

I hope everyone is ok and safe. It is snowing here so I suppose this means I’m brewing hot coffee and code all day :). This said I was working for the last week on polishing the game after I successfully closed the gameplay loop in the last patch. In a nutshell, this means players can now play Mud and Blood in a fashion that will resemble what the final experience will be.

In order to pave the way for the final addition of content, it was important for me that the game would have a minimum of polish in order to be able to build on solid grounds. There is still work to do but this is the first pass.

Here’s what I’ve changed in this version:

– Floored the values and added 0 to single-digit time units on the ui for readability
    – Removed minimal chances to hit on light machine guns
    – Reinitialized flag (detected) status on all troop so when a mission is failed they will not start the game tagged
    – Removed vet save increments (you only get one now)
    – Bazooka skill now has a timer
    – Fixed a crash when using intelligence skill to find out the number of frags on enemies
    – Added sanity check for lower than 0 morale and above 100 experience
    – Prevent profile reset during gameplay
    – Burning troops are not selectable anymore
    – Prevented a crash if you click while the game is loading
    – Germans that die with a radio on them will only spawn one radio on the ground
    – The camera will be over your soldiers on subsequent missions instead of where you left it in the last game
    – Fixed a value that wasn’t resetting the kills in between missions
    – Players will not be able to spec dead soldiers.
    – Shotgun buff at closer range
    – Pre-game admin will clear up NPC allies at the start of a mission
    – Significantly changed the demolition radius of certain explosions
    – All able men of your squad has to be behind the retreat line in order to trigger the retreat now
    – Troops occupying the same cover and firing at each other will not be saved by that cover
    – Explosion landing top of buildings won’t affect occupants anymore
    – Players will not be able to use skills from incapacitated soldiers anymore
    – Players will not be able to spec an incapacitated soldier anymore (also known as the heavy infantry revive)
    – Fixed an issue where the officer morale buff would spawn an icon out of place
    – Soldiers that are brought back to above 10 hp by a medic will get up now. No more dirt naps.
    – Hand to hand combat will give proper XP
    – Heal crosses and officer morale stars will only appear on flagged/revealed enemies
    – Panzerfausts and flame thrower packs will not show on burning soldiers anymore
    – Flamers will reveal themselves when attacking
    – On allied medics, first aid will not affect intensive care timer anymore
    – Commando starts with a Sten now
    – Fixed the double shotgun upgrade for scouts and engies
    – Soldiers actively aiming at a vehicle prior to it being destroyed will simply cancel their action
    – Fade speed for roofs have been tripled
    – Fixed a rare crash when vehicles would spawn at the start of a map
    – Removing past reinforcement vehicles on a map restart
    – Reset the timer for reinforcements when a game restarts (especially useful when you retreat)
    – Reduced fire area of effect by x10

This week will be divided between more polishing, adding more functionalities to the UI and ribbons if I have time. Thanks for taking the time to read this and I will be seeing you on the next patch log 🙂

Respectfully,

– urb

Stealingold
    Participant

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Stealingold.
    Stealingold
    Participant

youtube/E5HRaBEH7dk

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.