May 19, 2017 at 4:58 pm #3089
Here I have attempted to create an exhaustive list of all bugs and suggestions made for MNB3 by the Testers. I have condensed all of these ideas for the sake of brevity.
This is intended as a reference for the Testers and Urb and will be updated regularly.
Testers, please continue to PM me your suggestions and I will add them here.
PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS THREAD.
– These will greatly improve the gameplay experience by streamlining it. MNB3 is all about fast-paced action so the player should be well-equipped to keep up!
There could be options screen where one can configure the following:
1. Soldier selection. Tap once to select, double tap to select and then center on soldier.
2. De-select all.
3. Trigger formation / Move all. Limited use, but it would be nice to have the option.
– Option to hide UI
Cover System Improvements:
The defilades could be either natural or man-made. A narrow valley, existing bomb craters, embankments, foxholes, etc.
The existing cover system could be augmented with the following features:
All soldiers (friend and foe) on or in a protective structure (such as a trench or logpile) shall receive a damage reduction from explosive-type damage based on the following variables:
– Distance of explosion from target
– Size of explosion
– Type of explosion (AP, HE, Frag, WP, etc)
– The soldier’s posture (standing, crouching, prone)
– The type of cover occupied
– Random chance
(feel free to suggest more)
– Structures like houses and pillboxes should be more durable than they are now; a single frag should not be able to blow a house into smithereens. Instead, buildings will lose health and their graphic and cover capacity will change accordingly.
– Different types of enemies should be distinguished by their weapons, uniforms, and behaviors:
Schutze (“Riflemen”): Regular Germans. Carry variety of small arms and equipment.
Machinegunner: Carries MG34. Can set up on bipod (just like an Allied gunner) and provide suppressive fire.
Officer: Makes the Germans less vulnerable to suppression and amplifies their tactical sense.
Medic: Provides limited healing to the enemy. Will try to save the disabled Germans.
Radio Operator: Has a chance of calling in artillery or reinforcements.
Scharfschutze (“Sharpshooter”): has reduced chance of being seen (reduced distance at which is spotted, maybe?) very accurate with slow rate of fire. Unable to one-shot-kill a full HP soldier.
Panzer Crew: personal weapons only. Tend to flee the battle.
Other: Special variations of the enemy, deployed depending on the setting, time etc. (Volkstrum, Grenadiers, Fallschmijeager, SS). They can just as well be a reskin of regular enemies (maybe slight shift in stats)
– Opportunity Calls should last at least 5 seconds. Sometimes they appear and disappear too quickly for the player to react.
– Buddy Drag. A soldier can drag his incapacitated buddy to safety. Useful if a soldier is bleeding out in the open. The soldier performing the drag will still be able to fire his weapon, but will suffer a movement and combat malus.
– Engineers should be able to cut barbed wire.
– Visible cooldown timers for all abilities. They could appear as a little icon in the corner of each ability graphic with a number showing how many seconds remain until it can be used again.
– BAR as the starting weapon for the Gunner. The Lewis Gun is just too bad to be actually useful.
– Restore Marksman damage to before the nerf. Instead, lengthen aiming time.
– Skill description errors.
Known: – Scout tier 2 skill icon
– Scout tier 2 and 3 skill description
– Rifleman grenade description
– possibly more
– “Dead” German spawning from the flanks. (needs more explanation)
– Gunner fires at unmanned HMG and Flak18.
– Sometimes a game loads only an empty field (no troops, no trees. Not even a beach in first stage) which instantly counts as defeat.
– The benefits afforded by the “Star Ribbons” is currently worthless, because a fresh GI will lose his Garand immediately upon the next rank up.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.