Heroes of STWALT

Activity Forums Side Projects Discussions STWALT Heroes of STWALT

This topic contains 52 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Nicholas Andersen 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)
  • Author

Tyrud

Definitely a bad ass way to kill a dragon.

Kacpo
    Participant

No dragons slayed this time, but a quest completed in decent time of 31 days.
    turns out that naming your character after a Warhammer40K god of magic and destiny may actually bring some positive results.

Day 31, The most honorable Tzeentch, Apprentice Wizard completed his quest in 31.37 days. Tzeentch have 206 gold pieces in his purse and managed to gain 11 experience points.
    – Day 31, You enter the tavern
    – Day 31, You brought the message to the tavern and many adventurers are now heading out to help the paysants. Good job! +1 xp
    – Day 31, ~~~~CONGRATULATIONS, YOU JUST HAVE REACHED LEVEL 3!!!~~~~
    – Day 31, You rolled a 18 (8+10), which beats the attack score (13) of the Hobgoblin. The creature is defeated!! You gain 1 experience points!!
    – Day 31, You have discovered the following emplacement: a tavern
    – Day 31, After rumaging through the smoking ashes of these ruins you manage to find some gold!
    – Day 31, You enter the ruins
    – Day 26, Your spell was not powerful enough to damage the monster with a roll of 12(2+10), which is lower than the attack score (19) of the Cockatrice. You also missed your saving throw (8) which is over your defense score of0!! You lose one hit point.
    – Day 26, You have discovered the following emplacement: some ruins
    – Day 26, You have discovered the following emplacement: a hunting ground
    – Day 25, You have acquired the following item: Flower of Life
    – Day 25, You have acquired the following item: Traveler Boots
    – Day 24, Spell minor failure: You have failed to cast this spell with a roll of 17 (5+12) which is lower than the spell difficulty of 22
    – Day 23, You have acquired the following item: Heavy Sword
    – Day 23, You rolled a 13 (11+2), which beats the attack score (13) of the Orc Hideout. The creature is defeated!! You gain 1 experience points!!
    – Day 22, As you explore the cave, you enter a dark room filled with monsters..and treasure!
    – Day 22, You approach the caves.
    – Day 21, You rolled a 31 (11+20), which beats the attack score (14) of the Bugbear. The creature is defeated!! You gain 1 experience points!!
    – Day 21, Gygax has chosen to remain silent to your prayers.
    – Day 20, You approach the shrine of Gygax
    – Day 20, You have discovered the following emplacement: a cave
    – Day 20, You enter the tower
    – Day 20, You have discovered the following emplacement: a shrine of Gygax
    – Day 20, You have discovered the following emplacement: a tower
    – Day 19, Monsters are getting slain in every corner of the realm. Expect fewer encounters.
    – Day 18, You have acquired the following item: Healing Potion
    – Day 18, You rolled a 14 (12+2), which beats the attack score (13) of the Hobgoblin. The creature is defeated!! You gain 1 experience points!!
    – Day 18, You missed by rolling 9(7+2), which is lower than the attack score (13) of the Hobgoblin. You also missed your saving throw (3) which is over your defense score of0!! You lose 1 hit point.
    – Day 17, Your flee score of 10(6+4) was over 10. You managed to escape the Minotaur!!
    – Day 17, ~~~~CONGRATULATIONS, YOU JUST HAVE REACHED LEVEL 2!!!~~~~
    – Day 17, You rolled a 19 (9+10), which beats the attack score (17) of the Hag. The creature is defeated!! You gain 2 experience points!!
    – Day 14, You have acquired the following item: Black Pearl
    – Day 14, You have acquired the following item: Post
    – Day 14, Looks like there is some interesting post for a person like you
    – Day 14, You approach the message post
    – Day 14, You enter the wizard tower.
    – Day 14, You have discovered the following emplacement: a post
    – Day 13, You have discovered the following emplacement: a wizard tower
    – Day 12, You have discovered the following emplacement: a workshop
    – Day 12, Your flee score of 16(12+4) was over 10. You managed to escape the Carrion Crawler!!
    – Day 12, Spell minor failure: You have failed to cast this spell with a roll of 17 (7+10) which is lower than the spell difficulty of 25
    – Day 12, You enter the dwarven fortress.
    – Day 11, You have discovered the following emplacement: a dwarven fortress
    – Day 11, You have discovered the following emplacement: a elven village
    – Day 11, You rolled a 27 (17+10), which beats the attack score (13) of the Gnoll. The creature is defeated!! You gain 1 experience points!!
    – Day 10, You have acquired the following item: Pitchfork
    – Day 10, With your magic abilities, you made an item float from the dangerous and unexplored wilderness right into your bag, talk about safe adventuring right there!!
    – Day 8, You are not a frog anymore..
    – Day 8, Your flee score of 20(11+9) was over 10. You managed to escape the Orc!!
    – Day 6, You rolled a 22 (12+10), which beats the attack score (10) of the Kobold Scout. The creature is defeated!! You gain 1 experience points!!
    – Day 6, A distant archer shot an arrow at you but missed!
    – Day 6, The merchant guild is exporting a lot of goods. Expect lower prices.
    – Day 6, You failed to be convincing enough..(with a roll of 4+0), and luckily enough the guards haven’t noticed you!!
    – Day 5, You walk across the sturdy gates of the castle.
    – Day 5, You enter the holy temple of Gygax
    – Day 5, You walk across the sturdy gates of the castle.
    – Day 3, Your flee score of 29(20+9) was over 10. You managed to escape the Small Red Dragon!!
    – Day 3, Your flee score of 16(7+9) was over 10. You managed to escape the Bugbear!!
    – Day 3, Spell major failure: You lost control of the arcane magic that ran through your body…to the point it transformed you into a frog!!
    – Day 3, You missed by rolling 5(3+2), which is lower than the attack score (14) of the Bugbear. You also missed your saving throw (15) which is over your defense score of0!! You lose 1 hit point.
    – Day 3, You walk across the sturdy gates of the castle.
    – Day 3, You walk across the sturdy gates of the castle.
    – Day 2, You have discovered the following emplacement: the castle
    – Day 2, You rolled a 25 (15+10), which beats the attack score (17) of the Hag. The creature is defeated!! You gain 2 experience points!!
    – Day 0, You have discovered the following emplacement: a portal
    – Day 0, You have acquired the following item: Pikeaxe
    – Day 0, With your magic abilities, you made an item float from the dangerous and unexplored wilderness right into your bag, talk about safe adventuring right there!!
    – Day 0, You have discovered the following emplacement: a portal
    – Day 0, Tzeentch is starting his adventures.

Lance

For such a crappy start you did real well. I especially liked this >>

As for Riders speed dragon slaying… well as Tyrud said. ๐Ÿ˜‰ On the downside is that such a kill does not count on Kong’s Dragon Slaying Score keeper list.

Kacpo
    Participant

Has that ever happen to anyone?

Also, The very next thing that happened was punching the living crap out of Dieterlitz, but unfortunately, I didn’t save the log nor the printscreen, so you have to believe me on that one.

ZoMgY
    Participant

I just had an amazing vicking game, got to level 6 with a Viking and set an all time high score ๐Ÿ˜€ And for some reason even with a level 6 vicking equipped with a scythe and talisman I was still hardly getting any crits, so URB. Too bad I didn’t find any dragons :/

Here’s links to the pictures, because after years of using these forums I have still been unable to successfully display a picture.

Pic 1
    Pic 2

IDK
    aa

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  ZoMgY.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  ZoMgY.

Lance

Direct picture links @ZoMgY and then place it in the img tag.
    To get a direct picture I use Firefox and right click on a picture. Then copy the Image Link.
    Good work with that Viking and congrats to beating Diterliz cause he is a real hard core ass at times.

Kacpo captured a Hermit. That’s rare.
    To bad that the high bounty only goes during inquisition. Never got that one done.
    I gave up on capturing him cause normally it is not worth using up a rope due to him fetching about the same price when selling him unless you desperately need curing of sorts.

Lance

This is one hell of a good movie tale.
    Sadly the recording does not show the first 5 days but from the items I got by then one can see that lady fortune did more then just smile upon this character.

Tyrud

A monstrously heroic run, Lance and truly worth watching in its entirety! From a man of potions, to a man of, well, just about everything! Fizban went out there and became a hero of legends, starting from a place of having to flee all things.

Just about everything happened (short of running into a dragon, much to your luck!). How ironic that the merchant guild was seeking torches, as yours survived about a minute before being annihilated XD. Lots of lost farmers, horses, weapons and armors, too. It was rather surprising it took as long as it did for you to find the ring (wasn’t even sure what the mission was most of the time, though I guess the volcano should’ve given it away). Shame those ward rings don’t count, eh? Also, it just goes to show how stacked your purse was that you wasted about 100 coins on getting cured while you had medicinal potion on you the whole time, which you then lost in the fog, you clutz!

How often do you have runs like this? Mine never go this well.

Lance

Why thank you Tyrud for the praise but this was just one lucky game aside many fails.
    The 20% win chance that was adjusted so in the last patches still seams to apply to even myself too.
    When I noticed the volcano in the thumb-nail cover I almost changed it but then I though that a it be a good hint for veteran players as to what the quest is.
    Why not use the Medical Potion you say. Cause when loaded and not having any real needs it is best to keep the RNG devil at bay by all means.
    I died once from Illness despite having a ton of gold simply because the game only gave me 3 days for my hp to drop and the Castle was on the other corner of the realm.
    No amount of gold can resurrect you in this game. Thank Gygax for that.

Anyone want tips?

Lance

And a new Hero is born. ๐Ÿ™‚

LWillter
    Participant

Great play with a fighter. I think he is almost a guaranteed win for the Kingmaker quest. He can face almost anything.

This video seemed a bit tutorial like … was that the purpose? I see you hovering over alot of icons such as the patrol showing each option, or when you flee from the dragon comparing your attack to the dragon’s attack. You should do voice more! Though I must admit I think the sounds in the games does seem cover someone’s voice.

Great video, keep them coming!

Lance

To firstly answer above questions. Yes, a bit of tutorial is in there to show the game to a broader audience.
    I also like to take it a bit slower during my plays since they are my relaxation time.
    Voice recordings are problematic for me here since it is rare that I have the place to myself.

Here another character that deserves the status of HERO.
    He definitely had acquired a very important item before facing the big end boss. Guess what it is?

LWillter
    Participant

Great game! I am guessing the item you are speaking of is the armor. You had some nice ones there … the horse, the bow, the sword.

First of all you got off to a great start, crafting the weapon you’d use for the rest of the game. Was surprised you risked begging especially while playing as a Paladin. It’s a bit humorous to see you get excited about finding an item, your cursor circles wildly around it. I know the feeling … you caught me clicking in desperation in MNB3 for a pick axe *laugh*

The key helped you out as well … no need to pick locks or spring a trap. Your hit ratio!?! What was up with that … I saw in the final part it was less than 50% you must’ve been swinging every which a way. Then again you cast both those healing spells wearing Gothic armor!

Can’t believe you were able to cast healing TWICE at -50 malus! Good game sir, he is truly a hero of STWALT.

Lance

Paladin is definitely one of the best classes out there.
    The 100 gold per level limit and no xp gains when Criminal are minor hampers compared to the 100% sure healing spells (no magic roll required) he gets when leveling up.
    Only way to lose them is through hits from the Spell Eater Monster. *I actually forgot iz’s name right now.

“you risked begging”
    No biggie since all you need to do is spend that 1 day in jail and all is well again.
    Actually, getting arrested is a good way to get rid of the criminal status since the days you need to sit are usually worth not being criminal anymore.
    Dumb is that its random to get arrested but you can not simply go to the nearest Tower, Town, Castle or even a Patrol to intentionally get arrested; Serve your sentence and then be free.

Hit ratio got seriously downed in the end fight. Even with 11 Att there is but a 50% chance to hit him and there is when all them healing things shine. Lucky to get so many potions too cause otherwise I would have needed to relied solely on my own spells.

“I am guessing the item you are speaking of is the armor.”
    Nope. While it is great to have the best armor that once can find it is still not THE ONE item that I mean although you did mention it’s usefulness for other in game things.
    A fellow STWALTer immediately knew the answer and once you have faced of against Diterliz enough times you will nยดknow it too. ๐Ÿ™‚

It is great to be able to talk about this game again. Hope the next update will not take to long.
    Cheers and Adventure On!

Lance

Since this game is not getting much attention on this site right now I decided to let you all in on a lil STWALT secret so that perhaps more input gets going.
    Here a way to get a hold of the One-Ring in an almost sure way. https://youtu.be/Y03THFW31KQ

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar