From (potential) Hero to Zero. URBed moments.

Activity Forums Side Projects Discussions STWALT From (potential) Hero to Zero. URBed moments.

This topic contains 19 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Lance 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Lance

This dude is pure URB. This is the worst enemy there is in any urbzz game. Please prove me wrong.

Lance

In other games your character can get a serious malus while in urbzz games you can get frogged.
    Later is the worst. 😉 This sinister old lady must have really been hungry for me green thighs.

– Day 42, Alexious, Killed by a Hag at level 3 after 41.99 days of travel. Alexious had 72 gold pieces in his purse and managed to gain 12 experience points.
    – Day 42, You missed by rolling 9(9+0), which is lower than the attack score (17) of the Hag. You also missed your saving throw (9) which is over your defense score of0!! You lose 1 hit point.
    – Day 42, Your flee score of 4(4+0) was under 10. You also missed your saving throw (7) which is over your defense score of(0).!! You lose one hit point.
    – Day 42, Although delicious, this food did not improve your health.
    – Day 42, Your flee score of 1(1+0) was under 10. You also missed your saving throw (20) which is over your defense score of(0).!! You lose one hit point.
    – Day 42, Your flee score of 6(6+0) was under 10. You also missed your saving throw (3) which is over your defense score of(0).!! You lose one hit point.
    – Day 42, The peasant has fled!!
    – Day 42, You missed by rolling 12(6+6), which is lower than the attack score (17) of the Hag. You also missed your saving throw (17) which is over your defense score of6!! You lose 1 hit point.

And so I finally get another whack or two at Diterliz. See how that went.

Lance

Since this topic has only one Quest Type by myself to follow I will simply continue here for now.
    Attempt number 3 where as this is the 3rd time that I actually take on that War Lord with a somewhat capable character and not die while leveling up enough or run out of time finding the Temple-of-Elemental-Evil.
    Those attempts are not really worth sharing unless something URBish happened.

Mrprofilen
    Participant

Hey Lance. Nice post! I’ll add some of my “quest” later! I haven’t had much playtime in anything lately due to the potential outbreak of tornadoes here in the South (US). I had a few close calls with some and couldn’t take the chance (19 miles away, tornado [~20 minutes]).

Can’t wait to get back into some of URB’s games.

Tyrud

@lance Real movie-like moment at the end there! 1v1, 1hp vs 1hp it could’ve gone either way. I flinched for a second and thought you had lost, but was happy to see you were a hero and not a zero! Well done, and very clearly well planned of you to bring more or less the exact gear (swords, armor, lockpick)

Lance

Glad you swell folks like the end-fight movie scene.
    Pure luck with most of the equipment since nothing useful for that fight was found on sale and even then I was very low on money.
    The two Exotic Iron Swords where made according to plan.
    Lots of bad luck with events that made me lose days like Swamp-crossing -12 (must have been the most I ever got) , Ruined-Building knock-out -5 and a Cockatrice stoned me for another -14 days.
    I do not mind losing this end fight but losing due to end of quest days even when I am at the T-o-E-E suck large-dragon balls.

All in all I was right at the average quest win ratio of 20% this time around counting the 2 totally failed attempts as well.
    It is a good quest save that ludicrous Door Mechanics and that Diterliz was upgrades in the last patch with having one random special power of almost any kind in game.
    This can be real bogus at times and does not make much sense in most cases.

@mrprofilen. While I lived in North Dakota I had plenty of Tornado close calls by our house.
    We had a safe cellar and when one came close I retreated to my “Pillbox” corner each time around. Was actually pretty cool to RPG the “END”.
    Towards Tornadoes and STWALT.
    I once made a suggestion regarding an event like that. Man that let’s me wish for a game update.

Lance

We all know how lucky Elves can be but every lucky streak eventually runs dry as can be seen here in a very urbish way.

– Day 0, Ace the Elf is starting his adventures on the King Maker Quest.
    – Day 0, You have discovered the following emplacement: a cave
    – Day 0, You approach the caves.
    – Day 0, It is a good thing that you have a night vision! Your special ability allowed you to avoid a bottomless pit. You get out of this empty cave after a day of exploring.
    – Day 2, You have discovered the following emplacement: a workshop
    – Day 2, Your flee score of 17(12+5) was over 10. You managed to escape the Rust Monster!!
    – Day 2, The merchant guild is importing a lot of goods. Expect higher prices.
    – Day 2, You enter the workshop.
    – Day 3, You rolled a 15 (15+0), which beats the attack score (12) of the Zombie. The creature is defeated!! You gain 1 experience points!!
    – Day 5, You have acquired the following item: Rotten Tomato
    – Day 6, You have discovered the following emplacement: a dwarven fortress
    – Day 6, You have acquired the following item: Scroll of Lightning Bolt
    – Day 6, You have acquired the following item: Chain Mail
    – Day 7, Your flee score of 19(14+5) was over 10. You managed to escape the Troll!!
    – Day 7, You have acquired the following item: Horse
    – Day 7, You enter the dwarven fortress.
    – Day 7, You have discovered the following emplacement: the castle
    – Day 8, You walk across the sturdy gates of the castle.
    – Day 8, You sold your Scroll of Lightning Bolt for 83 gold pieces.
    – Day 8, You walk across the sturdy gates of the castle.
    – Day 9, After a full day of begging like a leper, you successfully (with a roll of 17+0) pried 36 golds out of those gullible citizens!!
    – Day 9, You have discovered the following emplacement: a elven village
    – Day 9, You have discovered the following emplacement: a wizard tower
    – Day 9, You enter the elven village.
    – Day 9, You enter the elven village.
    – Day 9, You have discovered the following emplacement: a mine
    – Day 9, You enter the mines.
    – Day 9, You rolled 5 (5+0)! You spend the day bashing the walls of that mine .. without any conclusive results.
    – Day 11, You enter the wizard tower.
    – Day 11, You have acquired the following item: Holy Water
    – Day 11, You lost 1 hp due to heat and general piss poor conditions.
    – Day 11, The moon grows stronger in the night sky filling the realm with an eerie presence. Arcane users now have a bonus of 1 for casting spells.
    – Day 12, Although delicious, this food did not improve your health.
    – Day 12, Your elven reflexes dodged a blow that would have stricken a normal warrior.
    – Day 12, You missed by rolling 11(9+2), which is lower than the attack score (12) of the Skeleton. But luckily, you blocked the counter attack by a saving throw (4) under your defense score of 6!!
    – Day 12, You rolled a 21 (19+2), which beats the attack score (12) of the Skeleton. The creature is defeated!! You gain 1 experience points!!
    – Day 12, You have discovered the following emplacement: a portal
    – Day 13, You have discovered the following emplacement: the shire
    – Day 13, You have discovered the following emplacement: a portal
    – Day 13, You have discovered the following emplacement: a hunting ground
    – Day 15, The merchant guild is exporting a lot of goods. Expect lower prices.
    – Day 16, You have acquired the following item: Healing Potion
    – Day 16, Your elven reflexes dodged a blow that would have stricken a normal warrior.
    – Day 16, Your flee score of 18(16+2) was over 10. You managed to escape the Small Red Dragon!!
    – Day 16, You have discovered the following emplacement: the merchant guild
    – Day 16, You have discovered the following emplacement: a chest
    – Day 16, You enter the merchant guild
    – Day 16, You have acquired the following item: Long Sword
    – Day 16, You have discovered the following emplacement: a well
    – Day 17, The merchant guild is importing a lot of goods. Expect higher prices.
    – Day 17, You rolled a 21 (16+5), which beats the attack score (13) of the Green Slime. The creature is defeated!! You gain 1 experience points!!
    – Day 17, You walk up to the mysterious chest
    – Day 17, You still have no idea if this chest is trapped or not.
    – Day 18, You just picked a trapped chest.. and it hurts.
    – Day 19, You’ve failed picked the lock!! (dice roll of 3+0 is under 15)
    – Day 20, You’ve failed picked the lock!! (dice roll of 3+0 is under 15)
    – Day 21, You’ve picked the lock!! (dice roll of 19+0 is over 15)
    – Day 21, You have acquired the following item: Black Pearl
    – Day 21, You have acquired the following item: Axe
    – Day 21, You have acquired the following item: Book
    – Day 21, You have acquired the following item: Smoke Bomb
    – Day 21, You rolled 11 (10+1)! You can’t seem to make any sense of what you just read.
    – Day 22, You rolled 2 (1+1)! You can’t seem to make any sense of what you just read.
    – Day 23, You rolled 12 (11+1)! You can’t seem to make any sense of what you just read.
    – Day 24, You rolled 20 (19+1)! You just pocketed a little bit of this realm’s culture.
    – Day 24, This manuscript has unveiled to you the secrets of a magic incantation.
    – Day 24, You’ve learned a new spell!!(Drain)
    – Day 25, You rolled 8 (7+1)! You can’t seem to make any sense of what you just read.
    – Day 26, You rolled 7 (6+1)! You can’t seem to make any sense of what you just read.
    – Day 27, You rolled 4 (3+1)! You can’t seem to make any sense of what you just read.
    – Day 28, You walk closer to the well.
    – Day 28, Eww you have tasted better water than this. You wonder what’s rotting in the bottom of that pit.
    – Day 29, You have acquired the following item: Ring of ward
    – Day 29, You have discovered the following emplacement: an apple tree
    – Day 30, You approach the apple tree
    – Day 30, You have acquired the following item: Apple
    – Day 30, You just scored yourself a fresh apple!!
    – Day 31, You have acquired the following item: Smoke Bomb
    – Day 31, You have acquired the following item: Scroll of Create Food
    – Day 31, You’ve learned a new spell!!(Create Food)
    – Day 31, Although delicious, this food did not improve your health.
    – Day 31, Spell minor failure: You have failed to cast this spell with a roll of 12 (6+6) which is lower than the spell difficulty of 20
    – Day 35, You hide in a bush like a school girl for 3 days until the dragon leaves the area. You now understand little bit more about the food chain and its subtilities.
    – Day 36, You enter the shire.
    – Day 36, You have acquired the following item: Bow
    – Day 36, You have acquired the following item: Ring Mail
    – Day 36, You have acquired the following item: Medicinal Potion
    – Day 37, You have discovered the following emplacement: the small farm
    – Day 37, Target missed!! 11 (9+2), You have no choice to deal with it hand to hand now!!
    – Day 37, You rolled a 20 (17+3), which beats the attack score (16) of the Shadow. The creature is defeated!! You gain 1 experience points!!
    – Day 37, You approach the farm and talk to it’s inhabitants
    – Day 37, You have acquired the following item: Rotten Tomato
    – Day 37, You have acquired the following item: Utensils
    – Day 37, You approach the farm and talk to it’s inhabitants
    – Day 38, You work your face off at the farm all day for 22 gold pieces.
    – Day 38, Although delicious, this food did not improve your health.
    – Day 38, You have acquired the following item: Wizard Hat
    – Day 38, You walk closer to the well.
    – Day 41, You have acquired the following item: Axe
    – Day 42, Target missed!! 12 (10+2), You have no choice to deal with it hand to hand now!!
    – Day 42, Bandit is stealing something from you…
    – Day 43, You walk across the sturdy gates of the castle.
    – Day 43, You sold your Axe for 55 gold pieces.
    – Day 43, You sold your Utensils for 14 gold pieces.
    – Day 43, You have acquired the following item: Samurai Helmet
    – Day 43, You enter the wizard tower.
    – Day 43, Spell major failure: This spell was so powerful for your feeble mind that it traumatized you. You are now scared and the spell is forgotten.
    – Day 44, You enter the mines.
    – Day 44, You rolled 18 (18+0)! It looks like your hard work paid off.
    – Day 44, You have acquired the following item: Iron ingot
    – Day 45, You enter the wizard tower.
    – Day 46, You have discovered the following emplacement: a village
    – Day 47, You failed to be convincing enough..(with a roll of 10+0), and luckily enough the militia haven’t noticed you!!
    – Day 47, You have acquired the following item: Apple
    – Day 47, It is the harvest season!! For 7 days, all the farms across the realm will be hard at work! Expect double wages when working at the farms.
    – Day 48, You enter the workshop.
    – Day 48, You rolled 6 (5+1)! Looks like it will take you more time to build that sword.
    – Day 48, You are not afraid anymore!!
    – Day 49, You rolled 14 (13+1)! You successfully crafted an Iron sword!!
    – Day 49, You have acquired the following item: Iron Exotic Blade
    – Day 50, You enter the workshop.
    – Day 50, Target missed!! 7 (5+2), You have no choice to deal with it hand to hand now!!
    – Day 50, You rolled a 14 (10+4), which beats the attack score (13) of the Carrion Crawler. The creature is defeated!! You gain 1 experience points!!
    – Day 50, ~~~~CONGRATULATIONS, YOU JUST HAVE REACHED LEVEL 2!!!~~~~
    – Day 50, You approach the caves.
    – Day 50, It is a good thing that you have a night vision! Your special ability allowed you to avoid a bottomless pit. You get out of this empty cave after a day of exploring.
    – Day 52, You have acquired the following item: Club
    – Day 54, Target missed!! 7 (3+4), You have no choice to deal with it hand to hand now!!
    – Day 54, Your elven reflexes dodged a blow that would have stricken a normal warrior.
    – Day 54, You rolled a 19 (15+4), which beats the attack score (13) of the Orc Warband. The creature is still alive!!
    – Day 54, Your elven reflexes dodged a blow that would have stricken a normal warrior.
    – Day 54, You rolled a 15 (11+4), which beats the attack score (13) of the Orc Warband. The creature is still alive!!
    – Day 54, You rolled a 22 (18+4), which beats the attack score (13) of the Orc Warband. The creature is still alive!!
    – Day 54, You missed by rolling 6(2+4), which is lower than the attack score (13) of the Orc Warband. You also missed your saving throw (14) which is over your defense score of12!! You lose 1 hit point.
    – Day 54, You rolled a 15 (11+4), which beats the attack score (13) of the Orc Warband. The creature is defeated!! You gain 1 experience points!!
    – Day 54, Target missed!! 14 (10+4), You have no choice to deal with it hand to hand now!!
    – Day 54, You rolled a 23 (19+4), which beats the attack score (11) of the Goblin. The creature is defeated!! You gain 1 experience points!!
    – Day 54, You have acquired the following item: Medicinal Potion
    – Day 55, Target hit!! 23 (19+4) You shot that Shadow dead!! You gain 1 experience points.
    – Day 56, You have discovered the following emplacement: the large farm
    – Day 56, You have acquired the following item: Short Sword
    – Day 57, Critical hit!! (20), but the Orc Warband is still standing!! You have no choice to deal with it hand to hand now!!
    – Day 57, You rolled a 19 (15+4), which beats the attack score (13) of the Orc Warband. The creature is defeated!! You gain 1 experience points!!
    – Day 57, You approach the farm and talk to it’s inhabitants
    – Day 57, You approach the farm and talk to it’s inhabitants
    – Day 58, You work your face off at the farm all day for 28 gold pieces.
    – Day 58, You hit the Gargoyle (18+4) but it resisted the damage!!
    – Day 58, You missed by rolling 7(3+4), which is lower than the attack score (16) of the Gargoyle. But luckily, you blocked the counter attack by a saving throw (4) under your defense score of 12!!
    – Day 58, FUMBLE!! (You rolled a 1 on the d20). You clumsily fell on the ground giving your opponent the tactical upper hand (+3 attack bonus to the enemy)!!
    – Day 58, FUMBLE!! (You rolled a 1 on the d20). You managed to hit yourself with your weapon!!
    – Day 58, You missed by rolling 8(4+4), which is lower than the attack score (16) of the Gargoyle. You also missed your saving throw (13) which is over your defense score of12!! You lose 1 hit point.
    – Day 58, Ace, Killed by a Gargoyle at level 2 after 58.45 days of travel. Ace had 247 gold pieces in his purse and managed to gain 9 experience points.

How did that go again. Rock, Paper, Scissor? Rock beats Scissor right…. 😀

Tyrud

All things considered, you probably should’ve died way earlier than you did, Lance. I mean two encounters with the dragon! Not fun at all.

Also, you wouldn’t happen to remember the spell you attempted to cast that was sop powerful it wiped that part of your brain clean, would you?

Lance

You mean this spell >> – Day 43, Spell major failure: This spell was so powerful for your feeble mind that it traumatized you. You are now scared and the spell is forgotten.
    It was “Create Food” Diff 15. With a 50/50 chance I thought it was worth the risk.
    I was only scared for a few days but with my horse boosting movement speed, the movement penalty combined with that Elves get no penalty in forests made no difference to me.
    This was a very good character but sadly the Gargoyle had the upper hand in that last fight.
    All values considered, running away would have been less successful so I had to fight it.
    RIP Ace, Elf of many mastered encounters till the bitter end.

Lance

Behold a most unfortunate Warrior at thee.

– Day 0, Lance is starting his adventures.
    – Day 2, You have discovered the following emplacement: a mine
    – Day 3, You enter the mines.
    – Day 3, You rolled 17 (17+0)! It looks like your hard work paid off.
    – Day 3, You have acquired the following item: Iron ingot
    – Day 4, You have discovered the following emplacement: a dwarven fortress
    – Day 4, You have discovered the following emplacement: the merchant guild
    – Day 5, You enter the dwarven fortress.
    – Day 5, You rolled a 22 (19+3), which beats the attack score (15) of the Bandit. The creature is defeated!! You gain 1 experience points!!
    – Day 6, You enter the merchant guild
    – Day 7, You have acquired the following item: Healing Potion
    – Day 7, You have acquired the following item: Mask
    – Day 9, Bandit is stealing something from you…
    – Day 9, You have acquired the following item: Princess
    – Day 10, You rolled 7 (7+0)! Sadly you lose your grip while climbing the pit walls and fall back to the bottom. After a soft landing you are very greateful that this pit has been used as a latrine by some sort of giant creature.
    – Day 10, You rolled 2 (2+0)! Sadly you lose your grip while climbing the pit walls and fall back to the bottom. After a soft landing you are very greateful that this pit has been used as a latrine by some sort of giant creature.

This did not record: The next attempt I fell, got hurt and broke something out of my inventory.
    It seams that the Princess attempted to help piggy-back me out and instead sunk down over her head in previously mentioned excrement.
    Dam and I though I had a bad day.
    Then I rolled a 20. Guess my footing improved dramatically.
    🙂

– Day 11, The moon grows stronger in the night sky filling the realm with an eerie presence. Arcane users now have a bonus of 1 for casting spells.
    – Day 13, You missed by rolling 6(3+3), which is lower than the attack score (13) of the Hobgoblin. You also missed your saving throw (6) which is over your defense score of3!! You lose 1 hit point.
    – Day 13, You missed by rolling 6(3+3), which is lower than the attack score (13) of the Hobgoblin. You also missed your saving throw (14) which is over your defense score of3!! You lose 1 hit point.
    – Day 13, You rolled a 17 (14+3), which beats the attack score (13) of the Hobgoblin. The creature is defeated!! You gain 1 experience points!!
    – Day 14, You rolled a 22 (19+3), which beats the attack score (11) of the Goblin. The creature is defeated!! You gain 1 experience points!!
    – Day 14, You have acquired the following item: Kite Shield
    – Day 15, The sickness is slowly taking its toll. You permanently lose 1 point out of your maximum health.
    – Day 16, You have acquired the following item: Healing Potion
    – Day 16, Your flee score of 8(8+0) was under 10. You also missed your saving throw (10) which is over your defense score of(5).!! You lose one hit point.
    *Did not mention that I was turned to stone for 5 days and in that time lost another Sick
    HP forever. Sick Stature?? awee yes one of them LOL moments of STWALT eee Riderx.

– Day 21, You rolled a 17 (14+3), which beats the attack score (13) of the Grey Slime. The creature is defeated!! You gain 1 experience points!!
    – Day 23, You have discovered the following emplacement: a portal
    – Day 24, You lost 1 hp due to heat and general piss poor conditions.
    – Day 24, You have acquired the following item: Scroll of Clairvoyance
    – Day 25, You have acquired the following item: Scroll of Swiftness
    *Scrolls to blow my nose with …..

– Day 25, Your flee score of 7(7+0) was under 10. You also missed your saving throw (15) which is over your defense score of(5).!! You lose one hit point.
    Day 25, Lance, Killed by a Giant Wolf (pack of 5) at level 1 after 24.92 days of travel. Lance had 0 gold pieces in his purse and managed to gain 4 experience points.

Riderx
    Participant

I had a battlemage with the set below. Rocking no less than +25 magic at the time. Died to an owl bear 🙁

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  Riderx.

Tyrud

Owl Bear cares not for your petty magic. Only for your delicious face

Kacpo
    Participant

null
    Need I really say more?

urbzz
    Keymaster

None shall take the name of Gygax in vain.

Lance

The Lord has taken an eye to us here.

Truly an awesome Mage there Riderx.
    with that spell arsenal AND those weapons he is fearsome indeed. Tyrud speaks RNG truths though… 😉

@kacpo Six consecutive hit rolls witzh a lvl one character vs a mid strong opponent!
    The gods must favor you highly….O wait you dared to use THAT name for your character …. then thay will surely be made jest of by the owner of this all.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar