Few Suggestions for Recon

Activity Forums Recon Suggestions Few Suggestions for Recon

This topic contains 48 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  Lance 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 46 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Author

jonathan
    Participant

I would like the allied APC and tank to be re included but I noticed that allied NPC’s like Kit Carson scouts and other local fighters you converted with Viet skill dont really get shot at they should draw fire like all the rest of your guys so I think that should get fixed.
    But I think just for the sake of the sandbox (play how you want to) aspect of the mud and blood series it would be cool to have a Killcard that allowed you to have 12 marines drop into the AO with you and stay until the mission was done mainly for heavy combat missions I recently did a Firebase Defense mission which had a regiment of local forces already in the area with a QRF regiment of local forces…. would have been nice to have that tank or APC

TANkyMEow
    Participant

Wait….wwwwwaaaaahhhhh????? You can convert local viet into friendly fighters? IS THAT LIKE A NEW FEATURE FROM A NEW UPDATE?

jonathan
    Participant

its been that way you just send one of your guys to talk to a villager and he will either tell you where some traps are or join you as long as you got good viet skill

Lance

Re-post out of the wrong forum and the wrong topic.
    CommanderMcmuffin
    If I could also make a simple request…POWs are our captured brothers right? Which means they are trained solders right? So shouldn’t they also be able to follow basic orders movement orders like when to move and when not to move. If we could just be able to give them move orders and assign them to the 6,7,8 & 9 as hot keys, that would be super cool. I remember I once tried to ambush a group of NVA but the POWs literally walked out into the kill-zone I established and prematurely started the firefight like they had no comprehension of military tactics. Easily avoidable if I could tell them to stop moving. Sometimes I have the opposite problem where I’m being rushed by the enemy and when I try and get my men to the LZ as quickly as possible the POWs decide to take their time or stand their ground against an army. Easily fixable if they would move on my command.

Don’t even get me started on how frustrating it is when your whole op has been covert and your stealth 4 super soldier has been taking out all the of the enemies with his trusty knife Rambo style, but one pesky POW decides to pick up a gun and since you can’t tell him to fire only on command he starts firing off shots like an 18 year old with his first machine gun and alerts the whole AO to our presence.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Will
    It would also be good in recon if you could make the all squad move key less random in where it your troops because it throws them randomly all over the place and it is kind of annoying.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Kacpo
    You realize there’s a key that allows you to move them while maintaining formation, right? so that they stay in exactly the same places relatively to each other as they did when they started moving.
    It’s 5 or 6 if memory serves right.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Tyrud
    While I think it might be a little too strong to have direct control over encountered allies like Montagnards, Kit Carsons and POWs, I think any weapons Free or weapons locked commands should absolutely apply to them. Same for pilots too. They should also all probably obey the rudimentary command of “Stick very close” or “Feel free to wander”, with the latter command only givable to the Kit Carsons and Montys.
    Would help ease up on the frustrations, I think.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________

CommanderMcmuffin
    The weapon locks and free option would be a god send. Plus the “Stick very close” and “feel free to wander” would help, after 3 years of playing Recon on and off I still have no idea whats the general distance of “[Blank] is now following Ranger [blank]”.

If we rephrased it with the “stick very close” and “feel free to wonder” to “[Blank] is now following ranger [blank] at a distance” or “[blank] is now closely following ranger [blank]” and other phrases would help.

Viewing 4 posts - 46 through 49 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar