Do Airstrikes destroy BDA Craters?

Activity Forums Recon New Rangers Corner Do Airstrikes destroy BDA Craters?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jafarcakes 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Jafarcakes
    Participant

Like the title says; my bird dog told me there was a bomb crater at 5-Charlie. I approached the location at night but came under contact from the NVA truck patrol sitting stationary at the site. I there some grenades and called in an airstrike on the truck. When I did a sweep of vicinity afterwards, there was nothing, only the airstrike crater and the NVA it killed. Was the BDA crater supposed to be around there and if so, did I destroy it with my CAS?

urbzz
    Keymaster

I’ll double check the code but i’m fairly confident that no. Although if it was night time and there was a lot of vegetations it might was right under your eyes. Remember that at night your rangers really need to take a knee in order to spot things properly.

Jafarcakes
    Participant

Ok thanks for double-checking urb. I scanned the area during the daytime as well, in total I made about 3 sweeps across the area both night and day but couldn’t find anything. I was running with a weakened 2 man team as well so maybe that had something to do with it. I have a gameplay video uploading to youtube as well, it’s of a different mission though. I’d really be happy if you could take a quick look once I put it on the forums, I think it’s a real textbook op but I’d still would like your critique, especially of my patrolling techniques. Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar