Community Creativeness Showcase.

Activity Forums General Forum Community Creativeness Showcase.

This topic contains 128 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  Nicholas Andersen 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 129 total)
  • Author

Rooster
    Participant

Ok, there was an issue with my previous one but I fixed it. So, this forum is just cool stuff we made/did whether it be a drawing or a camouflage on a P-38?

Lance

Correct. As long as it is your own creation anything goes.

Mo-Tah
    Participant

<.< Ignoring accidental post. Take No Note of this intrusion…

TANkyMEow
    Participant

ok *whistle* *whistle* lol

Lance

In Mo’s case every post he makes can be considered “creative” but we should stop now with the non productive postings.
    I will elaborate on my idea of a Space Ship Boarding Team after I get’s me some sleep ..

Nicholas Andersen
    Participant

This is what happens when my Canadian friends tell me to exit my comfort zone and use characters that are not mine for a change. Especially when a dare and a challenge are both involved…

Meet the ongoing Tales Of The Terrible Trio, a superhero stroy set in London and linked to my previous two just because I could.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IPvWjuJ3awNYnow0gFr2Cj_xyiomP6XKPZFohjBRbko/edit?usp=sharing

Tyrud

Always cool to see this thread pick up with neat stuff, particularly all that nice space jazz that makes me yearn for a finished version of Flagshipped one day. Reminds me that I should also consider really sitting down and continuing that Alienuniverse story I teased, and maybe throw in some of you folks too.

@kacpo Feel free to consider continuing, if not finishing your tale! If I remember rightly, things were only just about to get real interesting for the crew of the Wildstar.

@Joaco I’ll give it a look over one of these days, friendo. Ought to be interesting how you tie it to the first two stories you made.

Nicholas Andersen
    Participant

@tyrud The setting of NĀ°2 is extremely forgiving. I can take anyone anywhere I want, because the events happen in the dreams of the author of NĀ°1.

Rooster
    Participant

“As long as it is your own creation anything goes.” ‘Aight @lance, I will now share with thy MnB Community selections of my WWII Aircraft Skins. If I can remember how ta do it…P-51H with a basic custom camo flying over the pacific. (Warthunder).P-39 Airacobra with a RNAF (Royal Norwegian Air Force) Camoflauge that I made flying somewhere in Britain (Warthunder).

the “The_Flying_Stig” text is also my gamertag in Warthunder in case you’re confused. I guess these aren’t very creative, but I’m proud of ’em, so close enough šŸ™‚

TANkyMEow
    Participant

Huh…I didn’t know that there was a game created by URB called flagshipped. I watched Lance’s video on his playthrough of it, and it looked preetty decent…especially the part where the large ship exploded into debris, and teeny tiny people XD. The ships were a little bit lol too…I think there was also a KLINGON SHIP?!? Anyways, I am presuming this game developed into the Star Wars: Star Destroyer game, right?

Nicholas Andersen
    Participant

Yes, it did.

And also, the story now has 10000 words! I’m starting to get used to this…

TANkyMEow
    Participant

uuuugggghh…since this is is a community creativeness post, I wanted to contribute artistically, but I can’t find the awesome picture that I want to show. *Grumble* *Grumble* Some years ago, my family got me a world war Z book for Christmas, for shits and giggles. Anyways there was this rly awesome cover page that depicted the ‘battle of Yonkers’. And I thought it would be great idea to see how closely I can draw it in a copy of my own. To my own surprise, I copied the original cover page quite well. The only flaws I could see were the features of the front 2 soldiers (about to get munched on) being drawn only slightly large. And the soldier in the rear was drawn slightly small. But even those flaws were barely noticeable, and it looked rly amazing overall. But, sadly, I don’t know where I put that picture. I think I still have the book with its cover page of the battle…so I might be able to draw it again

Kacpo
    Participant

@tyrud Thanks. Sure, when I have time and motivation to do so, I’ll finish the story of WILDIFRE…

@tankymeow World war Z. I’ve read the book and watched the movie. That’s, by far the worst case of not-sticking-to original material ever. Like, they couldn’t even get the zombies right.
    The only two things that are in common are: -the fact that there are zombies and that Israel had a 10th man rule. That’s all.
    Overall: Great book, medicore-at-best movie

Oh, anyone wondering what Battle of Yonkers was, it was pretty much this:

Modern US army trying to fight zombies on the outskirts of New York.
    there’s even a wikipage on it: http://zombie.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_of_Yonkers

Lance

This WWZ book got my attention despite me not being interested in zombie film stuff anymore since years.
    Well written wikia link text. I read the book wiki afterwards too. Very interesting concepts in that story.
    Watched the movie on the net some time ago and thought that it sucked. Maybe due to the lack of any previous story information or, naaa it just sucked.
    Lil thing that always gets me in zombies vs military scenes is that how the hell do undead beat a tank.
    I have a wild imagination but nothing even remotely explanatory comes to mind for that scenario.

Please continue on your WILDIFRE story dear Kacpo. šŸ™‚

p.s. Will read up on your story and give my replies then Nic. Looking good so far. šŸ˜‰

TANkyMEow
    Participant

I have been kinda thinking about that zombies taking out tanks scenario. Maybe, the zombies have enough numbers that are insane enough to swamp a tank. Any attempts to break through a swarm would result in the suspension/propulsive parts of the tank absorbing body parts. These body parts could get stuck in those propulsive components (like the tracks, drive wheels, and suspension arms), and jam them firmly. And that may be enough to render a mobility kill out of the tank…and after that, the tank crew is stuck there, then they starve to death. But this could ONLY EVER work if the tank is completely surrounded in all directions, when the tank is stuck in a city, when the tank is somewhat obstructed by the abandoned vehicles left behind by the fleeing refugees, and if the tank is completely isolated from supporting elements (specifically accompanying infantry). So, in some sense, taking out a tank with a zombie swarm is not too different from a few conventional military tactics.

This idea could theoretically work, because only 0.4% (not counting reserves) of a country’s population are active military personnel. For the US, that’s 1.4 million personnel. So that leaves the 99.6% of a country’s (348600000 people for the US) population to be susceptible to infection. But 100% infection rate is too ideal…so I will give it a 25-50% infection rate. So that leaves us with anywhere from 87150000-174300000 infected…and there are only 18000 tanks actively available (But there is a total of 41000 AFVs in the US’s inventory). So for only tanks, and not counting the other AFV types, there will be 4842-9683 zombies per tank (so that’s a sizable 430-860 TONS WORTH OF BODY MASS!!!). When accounting all the AFVs in the US inventory…then that is 2126-4251 zombies per vehicle (so, that’s still 189-378 tons of body mass per tank)

But then again, dumb, and slow zombies would not be able to optimally group up together to employ this form of swarm tactic for every engagement…so some factors to consider for improving the likelihood of devastating a modern army would be:

1) Instead of being dumb, and slow zombies, they should be smarter (maybe even give them an option to retreat if need be), and faster. This may make people view them as not being feral enough to be really viewed as zombies…but I digress, because the increased intelligence, and speed of these zombies can allow them to employ, and coordinate BRUTALLY effective attacks with such a unrelenting tenacity, that it will redefine savageness, and hostile feralness to a new level

In addition, to that, zombies may choose to attack the convoys that supplies those AFVs, because that tactic would be a lot more effective than facing the major brunt of a tank attack. And it could mirror the success that that attack aircraft have against AFVs when just attacking the fuel convoys.

2) Some types of zombies could release pheromones to lead zombies to better coordinate attacks

3) The success of a zombie attack could also depend on how contagious it is. If it can spread through all vectors, then that will force militaries to spend more time in MOPP gear. And it’s significantly annoying to properly prepare NBC protection systems, because you would have to clean your equipment, or vehicles with disinfecting spray when you go into a infected combat area. And once you come out, you have to clean…AGAIN. And this procedure can take up precious personnel, and time that can used else where.

In addition to that, if the zombie infection is airborne, or through a easily transportable vector, then, most of the civilian population would be hosed, because they wouldn’t have proper equipment to protect themselves…and could lead as much as 80-90% of the civilian population being potentially turned into zombies within a short span of time

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 129 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar