Skip to toolbar

Coding Questions

Activity Forums General Forum Coding Questions

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Joe
    Participant

Hey y’all!

I used to play the living daylights out of MNB, but have been caught up in uni, work and the like to give it much attention recently. Anyways, I’m starting to get an interest in programming. So far I’m stuck on HTML (so basically the bottom of the totem pole and know next to nothing) and barely have enough time for that at the moment. From what I understand, the mnb games are made in adobe flash. Not to be nosy, but is there anyway I can see, or at least get a general rundown, of how mnb was made? I won’t do anything to it, I doubt I know enough to even be able to; I just want to have a good example to learn from so when I do get to the point that I can start making my own projects, or God forbid actually assist urb in some way, I can have an idea of what’s going on.

Thanks.

Also, there should be a Russia or Japan faction imo.

Snarks
    Participant

Most of Urb’s games, including all of the MnB games, are written using Actionscript 2.0, which is the scripting language used with Flash. However, Flash will soon be phased out, with modern browsers discontinuing support. At the moment, Urb has been fiddling with Lua on the Love2D framework.

As for seeing the code, that’s ultimately up to Urb’s discretion. I would advise looking into a more modern scripting language or engine if you want to build up some programming skills though.

P.S. Check out Skirmish Line if you’re interested in Japan as a faction.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.