The Lone RangerParticipant
Are 88mm guns supposed to spawn behind the Finish line? Also when you kill the crew of a Flak 38 theres still “crew” inside of it.at #5411
Here’s my dump. Hopefully there is something new:
1) Germans will move through the map while in “dead” graphics mode (lying on their back). This is relatively rare but happens for some unknown reason.
2) If the Officer’s Tank is destroyed by a mine and the squad advances and continues to the next map, the tank will not “reset”; i.e. it remains disabled on the new map and cannot be recalled.
3) When the German AA Gun(???) fires at the Americans, the shot tracers display as horizontally fired from the left side of the screen instead of vertically oriented at the proper angle from where the gun is firing.
4) If a soldier is close to the spawn point on a new map and they go into “panic mode” they can go below the spawn bar of stars, moving around in an invisible realm that only they can see and understand. The Germans will join them. If the soldier is commanded to move back into sight, he will do so.
I find that this game is highly playable and quite enjoyable despite the “Alpha numbering” of 0.23. I would consider this game in very strong Beta but I have only gotten to Mortain so far.
I am very impressed by how the tactics change as the campaign progresses, requiring more and more skill & tactical ingenuity to win. This is the most carnage at once that I have seen yet; my soliders are drenched in blood and hit with flying body parts as the corpses just pile up around them!
Thank goodness for the Officer’s “encouragement” command (the first skill that looks like a yellow shield) it helps out so much when Germs begin to swarm!
- This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by Mister Reyth.
When my screen froze and would not respond to keyboard commands, I don’t think I could click the soldiers themselves but I WAS able to click the solider’s square picture below and use a skill which then unlocked everything. This may have been just a local issue of mine, I am not sure.at #5414
Lol I got behind 8-12 days. Can’t remember. My problem is once I’ve advanced 10 or so times in a row with a maxed squad I get bored and just advance up the screen in a skirmish line. I end up losing 1 or 2 guys per map to mines. (Behind a sprite like a tree)at #5417
Here a couple of other bugs I forgot to mention:
1) There is a bug where the American soldier’s feet make the noise of walking on a wood floor but there is no building nor has there ever been (i.e not blown up) a building on the squares they are walking on.
2) Sometimes a bazooka/rifle grenade will be clicked for launch but will not launch and the timer simply resetsat #5419
Here is another one I forgot:
1) The gunner has multi-target-fire down cold, the only problem is that he fires at old dead targets that are no longer in existence (except in corpse or gun).
- This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Mister Reyth.
1) The same bug that affects the German AA gun (???) with its tracers firing horizontally at the troop from the left of the screen SOMETIMES (relatively rare) also applies to our troops when just firing their ordinary weapon. Maybe this can help in tracking the bug down.
2) AUDIO BUG: When continuing from a previous map and clicking the mouse to start the new map WHILE THE MAN IS SPEAKING ABOUT OUR VICTORY, silenced the background audio of the war going on where the guy is constantly screaming about his leg and we hear gunfire and arty. This audio does not appear to come back again over time.
Btw, this has brought me to realize the psychological effect of this constant noise while playing; it is UNNERVING! The same can be said of the way our soldiers will randomly shout things when clicked; almost every time it makes me jump because I think we have detected the enemy. Great job!at #5513
Don’t know if this is intentional or not but just heard the “walking through water” noise on Mortain (where there is no water) and then a soldier entered the map from the side and behind us???at #5514
There are two possibility, one is a water under the map layer so you can not see, but this is not likely to happened in Mortain.(But still a possible cause, it is up to your men will slow down or not ) Another is the Tune problem, as sometimes the tune will have some weird action, so maybe the problem is just wrong sound effect.
Or maybe you mistake to heard wooden step sound as water walking sounds?! lol I think no. XDat #5631
Ok there is definitely a bug with “brandenburgs” coming in from the left side of the screen. One of them was a “dead” soldier laying on his back sliding around with another soldier who otherwise appeared normally.
I don’t think this “side spawning” bug is bad actually. I think it would be a great addition to the various things we have to fight against.
There were no roads and it was on the Tinchebray map.
Consistently hearing the “walking on floors” bug — that “floor layer data reader” is definitely out of whack.
- This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Mister Reyth.
Although the version still says 0.23f I see some differences lately.
Hedgerow vegetation is not destructible anymore.
Survival ribbon on new profiles (4) was not awarded and I till do not get it.
Bleeding-out will not happen a lot of times. I seen this with lots of men for the duration of an entire field gain that not a single HP goes down nor the downed man make any reaction whatsoever.
Unsure if this is intended.
A GI was down to 10hp but not bleeding or anything.
The game allowed me to call in another Frenchy totaling my alive men count to 7.
However, since I did not have a Medic nor would the downed man eat a baguette, could I see what would have happened in the event that he got back up.
I stopped advancing after that so I also do not know if the game would bug out after this event.at #5658
I blew up a bunker with an airstrike but the men and machine gun inside it were just fine and continued to massacre my men. Is that supposed to happen?at #5662
Confirm; I have that as well.
Blowing up defensive positions apparently does not remove the protective area benefit of where they where even when using the ! to remove the rubble.
Can others confirm this as well?
Also issue; can anyone confirm if the item Binoculars work for them?
I tested this extensively since they where introduced but after equipping them to a GI the spotting range does not change for me.at #5692
@lance: I have not seen a noticeable difference in the spotting range either with binoculars. But it’s kind of hard to tell.
Also, I received what was supposed to be Thompson M1928 in an a supply crate but the gun depicted was a shotgun. Also, when I equipped it, it was a shotgun. It wasn’t too detrimental since I gave it to the medic, but still, pretty disillusioning.
- This reply was modified 4 months ago by Lt.Dan.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.