Brutality a la MNB

This topic contains 47 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Lance 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • Author

Lance

No, I am… well we are. :mrgreen:
    If ever there be a MNB3 drama so view this performance in full length.

Lance

Since this is similar to my last post here….

Joker posted an update 16 hours ago

D65 some 7+, first 40 mins show a careful way to build a squad to advance, last 5 show how you can loose it 😀
    watch 35-40 for insane amount of waves from Germans, they reinforced like every other sec

Lance

Check this out. Germans have a new secret weapon. Man-Eating-Walls!

The Lone Ranger
    Participant

Well Lance would you prefer walls or Hedgerows.

Tyrud

It seems the French have a very interesting sense of furniture fashion, considering one family put barbed wire in their living room. How posh!

Mo-Tah
    Participant

And just where else will they hang their croissants?

Blitznek0
    Participant

Encountering a Panzer Squad at Brest –

So, the beginning was rough for my squad. Krauts did their usual thing by charging at my spawn while I’m still consolidating and organizing my men. Received some not-so great wounds but nevertheless we gained a bit of momentum and started to steamroll. I was guessing that the fortune goddess was kind today since I was 1 day behind schedule.
    Boy, I was so wrong

After advancing 3 times, I encountered the first tiger. I already fought one in a previous deployment so I knew what I was doing. I scrolled up a little and I saw this.
    The horror

Then I thought the fortune goddess was just screwing around with me since my signaler and my 2 riflemen are already dead . A lucky mortar starts a fire on the second tank.

As I waited and waited… and I realized the fortune goddess was just messing around.
    And I thought I was being lucky

And all went downhill from that. For the entirety of my MNB3 experience, I never being URB’ed this hard. I’m not even mad. I’m just in awe.

Lance

Awesome armor show @blitznek0. Love it when a new member posts so well so soon.
    It seams that as soon as you get into the Days-Ahead zone through continuous advancing (wish the game typing on top would show the current day and not only the starting day) the game throws in the heavy hitters.

Some here where making fun of German defensive engineering without ever having the pleasure of seeing a GI die in just a few seconds through blood sucking barbwire.

eee he he not that one >>>>

Best part is that everyone panic runs right after as if the wire where alive and snatching for them.
    As useless wire is in mnb2 it so much more useFULL now. Good work urbzz.

Tyrud

What an awful noise the wire makes as it strangles and pricks your GIs to death (wonder if it could be changed?). Not much of a threat when you have your men following orders, but I can see it being problematic if your men are panic running and there happens to be wire in the way. Gotta make sure to destroy it the next time I see it to avoid that possibility.

Lance

No brutality to view here of late … let me fix that. 🙂

Markus
    Participant

I have a nice little story to tell you about my run on hedgerows…

Soooo i ofc start with 6 GI’s that have no experience, other than seeing instruction videos in homeland far far away. I organize them in order of 1-6, left to right, and start advancing with my two most left guys and rest of the team following behind in a straight line. I go a loooong time without seeing any action whatsoever, my GI’s propably started thinking they were sent on a holiday. WRONG. Out of nowhere there is a heavy MG placed behind a bush of some sort, which i or neither my men did spot. It opened fire, instantly gibbing one of my GI’s into many pieces of shredded meat. I actually panicked behind the screen, had no idea what just struck me other than the fact that one of my fresh recruits just got his ass handed to him. My GI’s spot 2 germans heading our way armed with k98’s, they take a pot shot at one of my GI’s and dead. No chance given. Down to 4 GI’s that are against a heavy MG and many more germans that are slowly moving their way to my position. One of my GI’s get a field promotion and i instantly click the machine gunner. I needed firepower more than anything. Thankfully my machine gunner takes out the heavy MG, without taking any heat at all. All the other recruits got wounded in the process. I finished off the 2 other germans and proceeded forward. Got another field promotion, this time taking a medic as i needed some healing ability. I proceed pretty carefully, getting more field promotions for the last two guys. Other one makes a fine marksman, the other one a signaller. I proceed along with the men ready at all times. I spot a heavily guarded position, with sandbags and trenches. My men start spotting germans behind the sandbag and inside the trench. Germans, this time armed with an MG-42, MP-40 and couple k98’s make sure that my team never stands up. The MG-42 pins down my machine gunner, while the MP-40 pins down my marksman… just perfect. The german riflemen shoot at my signaller, getting a lucky hit and wounding him. My medic is also pinned down, so no healing for sig. Unfortunately my sig gets killed by the german riflemen before making his first call… home i would’ve hoped. My marksman gets killed by a charging german, who smacks him in the head with the buttstock of his k98. Medic and my machine gunner somehow get to relative safety, behind a hedgerow. Not much time passes by when the germans crash through the rocks and bushes, shooting my medic dead and leaving my machine gunner a fine chance to be rambo. He takes down the two k98 wielding germans. I was amazed, and so was he XD. He got a promotion, i promoted him, giving him more combat skill. I propably took a 1 min break, came back and saw no movement from the germans. I decided to go through the hedgerow with my last soldiere. He meets the MP-40 and gets pinned down. The MG-42 fires from far away and pins him down even more, while the MP-40 charges forward. My machine gunner takes his last breath, as the MP-40 shoots a long burst, thus ending his life.

I had a fun run, though i still see a problem with the spotting range of the germans. I feel like its a bit too big. (not relating to my run above though) Otherwise it seems to work fine 🙂

Lance

Wonderful tale of an advance gone bad.
    Could you tell us what D-Day time it was done and how many days ahead you where as well as your commanders rank please?
    That information helps tremendously in grasping how tough the enemy really was.

Markus
    Participant

I dont catually remember what day it was… i was on schedule and on my the first run on hedgerows. Rank is the one you begin from

Arise
    Participant

Today’s Discord best moment on MNB3:

Fire4qt

” well I mean
    he killed my rifelman
    so I had to uh, ”

lol

The Lone Ranger
    Participant

This place needs some new stuff. Behold how a group of Jerrys chose to walk into a molotov cocktail`s fire

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar