Breakdown on VC Assets

Activity Forums Recon Tactics and Strategies Breakdown on VC Assets

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  urbzz 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Broadsword
    Participant

Alright, it may be that I’ve just busted out my tin-foil hat on this one, but I’ll never know unless I ask, so here it goes. Is the type of VC asset you’re most likely to encounter within a mission dependant on the type of mission you select? As a general rule, I like missions that involve hunting down and killing VC, so while I do occasionally take a recon/scout mission or something similar just to diversify, I generally stick to firebase attack, ambush, POW, pilot rescue, and dead drop.

On POW, there will always be at least one, and sometimes two enemy campsites within easy reach of my landing zone, so close that I can usually engage them before they have finished firing at my choppers. On dead drop, I have never hit fewer than three ammo caches, but rice bags and especially fuel depots/culverts are rarer than tits on a fish, as the VC’s speed modifier and vehicle chance have been maxed out at %25 for over a full tour now. Am I nothing but a raving lunatic, or am I just not playing enough of the right missions? Do deep recons have more rice bags? Will surveillance missions give me more fuel depots? Am I just really bad at finding them and trying to fob my failures off on game mechanics?

Fire away with your experiences, and good hunting all.

urbzz
    Keymaster

The assets are totally random and not based on missions unless an asset is required in order to complete the mission 🙂

Broadsword
    Participant

Roger that, I’m just trash at finding them. Thanks, Urb.

Lance

Hello you two. :mrgreen:
    I have a question too. Do more assets spawn 8% or so) the higher your HEAT is?
    Rank? Any other factor cause for me it seams so.

urbzz
    Keymaster

I will have to look at the code to be 100% sure on the top of my head no assets beside booby traps and mines are affected by heat or rank.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar