Blackheart

Activity Forums General Forum Blackheart

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Paladin Andric 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Paladin Andric
    Participant

Alright, now that I’m back I guess it’s time for me to do my thing. I’d like to offer you a fantasy story I’ve been working on and off on for a long time. This is Blackheart. There’s some inspirations from things like Demon’s Souls and Dungeons and Dragons.

Some time ago in the Kingdom of Geralthin, humans lived alongside beasts and monsters. Sometimes in harmony, sometimes in bitter struggle. The most recent King, Salign, began a campaign of eliminating non-humans from the kingdom. This culminated in a forced mass-exodus to the outskirts of the kingdom. There the monsters were led to a small town for their kind, which grew into a sprawling metropolis.

One day, a sinister black fog rolled over the city. All communication ceased, and anyone who entered never returned. Inside, demons roam the streets, killing or corrupting all they come across. The denizens of the city lie in hiding, awaiting the end of the nightmare.

The fog slowly reaches farther and farther outside the city. Soon, the entire world will be engulfed in darkness, to be a personal playground for the armies of hell.

It is up to the knight Alexander to enter the fog, reach the city, and find out how to purge the corruption from the land once and for all.

Please, check it out and let me know what you think! It’s still a work in progress, so I’m expecting to post updates whenever a new chapter is up. There’s five chapters finished at the moment. I’m hoping to make this story into a book if possible, so please send some feedback!

Chapter 1 – Into the Abyss

Chapter 2 – The Citadel

Chapter 3 – The Dragon

Chapter 4 – The Return

Chapter 5 – A Test of Mettle

Paladin Andric
    Participant

Next chapter is complete! I had a whole lot of fun with this one. Conflict at last!

Chapter 6 – A Change of Plans

Lance

So I started to read and it is great.
    Sadly I only glimpsed over the first chapter so far. Will read it all later.
    Could use a bit of refinement if you ever intend to have it printed.
    Keep up the great work(s). 🙂

Paladin Andric
    Participant

Hey, thanks a lot for reading. It’s been a challenge for me to sit down and re-edit everything I’ve written time and time again, and not many people are taking me up on looking through it. I really do hope this goes somewhere.

So what kind of refinement? I’m always looking to improve. Anything in particular?

Paladin Andric
    Participant

Next part is up! Very dialogue-heavy, hope I did a good job.

Chapter 7 – Lowly Times

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar