Aggressive Strategies : Infantry Ladder (ver 0.23f)

Activity Forums Mud and Blood 3 Strategies Aggressive Strategies : Infantry Ladder (ver 0.23f)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Mo-Tah 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

everev
    Participant

This is a good strategy that focuses on the use of smoke, grenades, and infantry for the most part.

First soldiers you will want to rank up should be a rifle man, then a gunner, than another rifleman, than medic, than engi if you expect vehicles to be in the area (though i have so far only tested this on infantry), and lastly, officer. Get the smoke as soon as you get another rank for your rifle man, same with grenades, and get them in front of the line. Once your rifle man have smoke and grenades, we can start the actual strategy. the basic movement should be move one rifle man up, then the other.

On contact, get the furthest forward man to pop smoke, then move the other to a flanking position if possible, and pop smoke there. keep behind the smoke and toss grenades at the enemy. move your team up to the first solider to use smoke, and move them up. at this time they can likely use smoke again, so move to a different position. the smoke will clear, and your machine gun will likely be ready to open fire. if the enemy lived through the initial contact.

i recommend keeping your squad back if there is any explosive dangers around (excessive mining, artillery, enemy grenade happy, etc). you can also exchange the engi for spec ops for extra anti infantry if you want. please send in any other recommendations for things to change. Good hunting.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by  everev.

TheAlphaCowboy
    Participant

the problem i see with this one is no medic and with enough time they can be put on your front to but i would say trade engie for a commando and call in a frenchy first dead if you dont add a medic that way you have a killing combat medic but i have yet to realy try a super agressive strat

steven
    Participant

he does have a medic

TheAlphaCowboy
    Participant

wwhops my mistake guess i missed it

Mo-Tah
    Participant

WELCOME TO URBANIA everev

The idea of ‘Laddering’ your men up the field is a good one, and one I generally use, except I’ve been running a different strategy – utilizing an Officer and running everyone in a tight ball wrapped around him. 🙁 ..boy do Grenades, Mortars & Arty cause Bowel-Retention problems…
    And I’d dump the Engineer too, except I’d put a Signaler in his place instead of the Commando. 😀 I like my crate drops. 😉

everev
    Participant

I put in the engi because i dont have a good anti tank. i do suppose Commando could be used instead, the explosive charge ability is a good enough anti tank.

steven
    Participant

hehe id replace officer with signaler to replace casualtiesk, and the gunner or one of the rifleman with scout to spot enemies

Mexican Batman
    Participant

I usually go with Sniper , Commando , Rifleman , Signaler, Medic , and Scout.

I also do Sniper , Gunner , Rifleman , Signaler , Medic , and Scout .

When I want lots of firepower I use sniper , Gunner , Signaler , Medic , Rifleman and Spec Ops

If I want lots of anti tank power I use Sniper , Spec Ops . Signaler , Rifleman , Medic , and Engineer.

Also if you really want something interesting try 4 engineers , 1 medic and 1 signaler
    or
    3 engineers , a Scout , a sig , and a medic

TheAlphaCowboy
    Participant

as this is kinda dead i figured id share my low cover strat i call it the steam roller
    2 marks
    2 commandos
    1 medic
    1 officer
    all moveing up in a skirmish line granted poor antio armor but poor cover and anti armor but if your getting pouned by armor with no cover your screwed anyway

Mo-Tah
    Participant

The one I’ve found to be Fun-n-Effective is a 3-2Man squad, Rifleman/Medic – R/M – R/M 😀
    Yep, repetition can be rewarding. ..especially with RG’s & Double-Heal being dealt on multiple fronts.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar